goofyjumper

Bush Eases Environmental Rules on Gas!

Ever thought about taking some classes in critical thinking??

When your points of view all come from Newsmax and Fox News.. there might be a bit of discrepancy from reality.

I reread this and thought more about it.

First of all honey, you don't even know me. But your attitude toward me and many people on here sucks. What's commical is that your post is intended to be a shot at me and other people who you perceive to be preaching from high ground. When in reality you are the same person you hate. You believe you are the elightened one because you listen to some segment on Al Franken's show the other day between bong hits...
So, relax. If you expect to be taken seriously, maybe you should back up your wild conspriracy claims with some factual information. Instead of regurgitating something you heard and claiming it is "Critical thinking"

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

OK, I went to the site and still did NOT find proof the President had refineries closed so oil companies could make larger profits.

I said it was a start.

Closed refineries:

http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16418322&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=474107&rfi=6

Big Alaska profits:

http://www.sitnews.us/0406news/042406/042406_shns_alaska_oil.html

z

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I reread this and thought more about it.

First of all honey, you don't even know me. But your attitude toward me and many people on here sucks. What's commical is that your post is intended to be a shot at me and other people who you perceive to be preaching from high ground. When in reality you are the same person you hate. You believe you are the elightened one because you listen to some segment on Al Franken's show the other day between bong hits...
So, relax. If you expect to be taken seriously, maybe you should back up your wild conspriracy claims with some factual information. Instead of regurgitating something you heard and claiming it is "Critical thinking"

Chris

Gee I have never even listened to Al Franken.

I provided you with links... if you will actually read them..

So, instead of Amazon skirting the question with attacks, he/she should answer the question.
Where is your proof?

Loved the little PA though. he/she...or perhaps You are really Steel trying to imply I am a dyke again because I will actually get in there and go toe to toe with you guys .....ah....... the realm of little guys.. who get all woosiefied... when a woman does not bow down to the vaunted male ego.

And as far as my attitude to those of you on the Ultra Right Hand.... Suck it up CUPCAKE.

One flaw in your theory.... Gas supplies are at 8 yr highs in the US.

Thursday April 13, 4:54 pm ET
By Madlen Read, AP Business Writer
Oil Prices Rise Above $69 Per Barrel Amid Concerns About Possible Supply Disruptions

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oil prices rose above $69 a barrel on Thursday ahead of the long weekend, as worries about possible supply disruptions overshadowed the news that U.S. crude inventories are at their highest level in eight years.

You can think what you want.... he/she in text
mean either or.... I didn't know your sex until after
the post when I checked your profile (Jeanne)

>It is not that we consumers want cheap oil, it is that we want cheap
> ENERGY.

Except oil isn't just energy. It's asphalt, and nylon, and plastics, and drugs, and solvents, and paint etc etc. The reason that all those things are currently pretty cheap is that they're byproducts of gasoline production. Look at the output of a fractionation tower; only about 60% of it turns into gasoline.

But I agree that they also want something to move their car from point A to point B, and they don't much care what the actual substance is (as long as they can get it easily and cheaply.)

>The truth is, if we do break bonds with oil, prices are going to drop
> so dramatically that we will then begin to use oil again because it is
> so cheap.

?? I don't think it will be so discrete. Gas will go to $5 a gallon, and people will stop driving their fishing boats so much, and buy a Metro instead of a Hummer next time. That will reduce demand. When it gets back to $3, they'll start using that boat again. It will self-regulate to some degree. It won't ever again be cheap.

The good news is that as prices climb, alternatives become financially attractive. Tar sands are a short-term solution; synthetic fuels are a somewhat longer term solution.

One of the things we have to strive for in the next ten years is fuel diversity. Gas prices are hitting us hard because 99% of americans use gasoline to get where they are going. If 30% used gasoline, 25% used natural gas, 20% used diesel, 20% used ethanol, and 5% used pluggable hybrids, it wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue. We wouldn't care much if gas prices went through the roof; people would just go to the ethanol pump instead.

So one of the things I would push for is fuel diversity in the US vehicle market. Make E85 capability mandatory; it adds less than $100 to the price of most cars, and guarantees consumers have a choice. Push griddable hybrids. Push diesels and natural gas vehicles.

One flaw in your theory.... Gas supplies are at 8 yr highs in the US.

Thursday April 13, 4:54 pm ET
By Madlen Read, AP Business Writer
Oil Prices Rise Above $69 Per Barrel Amid Concerns About Possible Supply Disruptions

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oil prices rose above $69 a barrel on Thursday ahead of the long weekend, as worries about possible supply disruptions overshadowed the news that U.S. crude inventories are at their highest level in eight years.

As are the oil profitrs at an all time high

AND they DID close quite a few refineries... so if all those closed refineries were open... GEE there might actually not be gas shortages now

Critical thinking......then again I am not looking for ANYTHING from this administration to believe in.....

some here are DESPARATE to find ANYTHING that this administration does is actually beneficial to the American people.

So much hope.. mispent on a reality of deception.

The enviro wackos are the biggest cause of the rise in the cost. Because the the influence of them we now have federally controlled production limits.

Yes, I do dissagree with your posts:S

So, basically you are saying 'Fuck the environment?'

Or did I miss something?

Z

Where did you get that? Never heard of over kill?

There is no reason not to drill in ANWAR. No reason not to drill off the coasts. No reason not to build more refineries other that the enviro whackos don't want anyone too.

The US is the cleanest industrialized country in the world. We do it better than anyone else. Want to keep the world clean? Then let's keep it at home.

Do you know where the US get most of its oil?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I LOVE your sig, by the way.

Allow me to quote Patrick Henry:

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Now, imagine for a moment that instead of that famous last line, he instead had said "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty!"

Our country might not exist this day, had that attitude prevailed. And, if that attitude takes hold, it will cease to exist as we know it.

Z

The enviro wackos are the biggest cause of the rise in the cost. Because the the influence of them we now have federally controlled production limits.

Yes, I do dissagree with your posts:S

So, basically you are saying 'Fuck the environment?'

Or did I miss something?

Z

Where did you get that? Never heard of over kill?

There is no reason not to drill in ANWAR. No reason not to drill off the coasts. No reason not to build more refineries other that the enviro whackos don't want anyone too.

The US is the cleanest industrialized country in the world. We do it better than anyone else. Want to keep the world clean? Then let's keep it at home.

Do you know where the US get most of its oil?

Well, that answered it for me.

Where are your facts on the clean US industrials? Ever heard of the superfund and the associated fiasco? Show me some numbers that prove how clean the US oil industry is.

Z

I would argue that once we start using E85 and Electric cars etc... gas prices will be back where they were 5 yrs ago. and if straight gas cost the consumer $0.99 per gallon, but E85 cost 2.00 because it is more expensive to produce ethanol, then people will go back to buying just Gas.

Likewise, power plants in the US mostly use coal, because it is cheap and it is here. But if our dependance on oil were to drop significantly enough that the price of oil was $22/ brl again, I bet you would see more use in oil burning power plants...

>Ever heard of the superfund and the associated fiasco?<

And from what years was this created? Educate yourself. I don't have the time and you would call my numbers, articles and souces bs anyway.

So, I know you call your self the winner. Go ahead:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Well, it looks like refineries were shut down, alright...but it doesn't look like it was done by Bush.

It appears that the gas companies shut down a lot of refineries in the mid-90's.... so much for your conspiracy theories, hm?

From this site

The confidential memos demonstrate a nationwide effort by American Petroleum Institute, the lobbying and research arm of the oil industry, to encourage the major refiners to close their refineries in the mid-1990s in order to raise the price at the pump.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

DUH...the claim that no refineries were allowed to be built in 30 years....is a red herring.....if the refineries had remained open..no gas shortages now.

The oil industry manipulated this.. Shrub and Co are part of that industry so the problem is theirs...he is the OIL PRESIDENT so their" solutions" ring hollow.

The good news is that as prices climb, alternatives become financially attractive.

So are you suggesting that raking in huge profits and pricing the product to be expensive might not be in the best long-term interests of the oil companies?

Hmm. Those oil companies really are stupid.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>I would argue that once we start using E85 and Electric cars etc...
>gas prices will be back where they were 5 yrs ago.

If everyone sold their gasoline cars and bought E85-only and electric cars within a few weeks, I would agree. But I don't think that's likely - and flex-fuel vehicles can burn either E85 or gas. So I think they'd always use whatever was cheaper, thus preventing gas from falling below the price of E85.

The good news is that as prices climb, alternatives become financially attractive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So are you suggesting that raking in huge profits and pricing the product to be expensive might not be in the best long-term interests of the oil companies?

Hmm last year.. Exxon Oil made what 36 BILLION in profits.... and spent... oh 10 MILLION on research into Alternative sources..
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=64256

SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 20 /U.S. Newswire/ -- ExxonMobil invested less than three-hundredths of one percent of last year's record $36 billion in profits on direct research on alternative energy, according to recent Senate testimony and company documents analyzed by the Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights (FTCR). The $10 million a year that Exxon puts into a 10- year project at Stanford University also pales next to the more than $400 million granted in his final year to recently retired CEO Lee R. Raymond.

By contrast, BP (formerly British Petroleum) last year announced an $8 billion investment in a new business, BP Alternative Energy, aiming to "lead the market in low-carbon alternative power."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11098458/

DUH...the claim that no refineries were allowed to be built in 30 years....is a red herring.....if the refineries had remained open..no gas shortages now.

The oil industry manipulated this.. Shrub and Co are part of that industry so the problem is theirs...he is the OIL PRESIDENT so their" solutions" ring hollow.

Oh, bullshit - if Bush is the "Oil President" then Clinton was the "Rapist President" and responsible for sexual assaults across America...same logic.

I'm still waiting for your proof it was Bush.... I'm sure we could find PLENTY of politician shareholders in the oil companies.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The oil industry manipulated this..

Yeah, possibly. You can probably look at it in temrs of economics. The oil pumping capacity in Texas has been drastically lowered, too. I'm sure there are reserves of oil that we can get to, and had the greedy oil companies not shut down that drilling, we'd have more oil.

But, it's been too expensive to get that oil. If the price goes up enough, there will probably be an increase in domestic sources as it becomes economically feasible to get it.

When you can't make money off a refinery, close it. When you can, open one.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Oh, bullshit - if Bush is the "Oil President" then Clinton was the "Rapist President" and responsible for sexual assaults across America...same logic.

Sigh.. CDIF CANT you guys find ANYTHING other than CLINTON to hate??????

http://www.americanprogressaction.org/site/pp.asp?c=klLWJcP7H&b=118263

Bushie the flip flopper...

What I think the president ought to do is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots. One reason why the price is so high is because the price of crude oil has been driven up. OPEC has gotten its supply act together, and it's driving the price, like it did in the past. And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price.

And if in fact there is collusion amongst big oil, he ought to intercede there as well.

I used to be in the oil business. I was little oil -- really little oil. And so I understand the -- I understand what can happen in the marketplace.

Sigh.. CDIF CANT you guys find ANYTHING other than CLINTON to hate??????

http://www.americanprogressaction.org/site/pp.asp?c=klLWJcP7H&b=118263

Bushie the flip flopper...

What I think the president ought to do is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots. One reason why the price is so high is because the price of crude oil has been driven up. OPEC has gotten its supply act together, and it's driving the price, like it did in the past. And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price.

And if in fact there is collusion amongst big oil, he ought to intercede there as well.

I used to be in the oil business. I was little oil -- really little oil. And so I understand the -- I understand what can happen in the marketplace.

Truth hurts, don't it??

Can't YOU guys find ANYTHING other than Bush to blame things on??

Bush hasn't waved a magic wand and forced the gas companies to lower prices... the pricing probe he's just launched hasn't made the gas companies lower their prices yet... it's all Bush's fault, dammit!!!

There...I made your next two-three posts for you...you can take a break.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706