councilman24

Is parachutemanuals.com gone?

I am currently looking for a new hosting location for it. I was being billed $200 a year (hosting company kept raising my rates every year) and had paid out over $1000 to keep the site up at this point. Once I find a new location for it I'll let everyone know. I have all the files backed up for the most part. It might be on a new address but I'll work on it again once I have some time in the next week or two.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Total hosting space is around a gig but the issue was I was using a management system that was database driven to do lots of the back end work and those they do not host for free. I had looked at traffic and in January about the only ones hitting the site were Chinese bots, I will start looking for a new home for it soon again.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I looked at this last I was rigging committee chairman. Not hosting Phree's site but doing our own. There were several logistical and legal issues that would be hard to overcome. Also some members didn't want PIA to be another home for their information. They preferred that home to be their own website and we are an organization of our members. Also everything that PIA does needs volunteers to do it. I decided that if there were private individuals willing to do this it was not worth the substantial effort to duplicate the effort. May be a cop out but the reality of the situation.

As one member I would be interested in considering supporting the Phree's effort in some way. This would be unlike any of our current projects.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

In spite of post above as an individual I'd support the website. Subscription, donation, go fund me, burn the database and sell it.. whatever might work.

Your site and your uk 'competitor' are some of the most valuable resources available to riggers.

Prepare a proposal to PIA and I'd be glad to present it as one member.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Hi Terry,

Also some members didn't want PIA to be another home for their information. They preferred that home to be their own website

Sort of like getting an abortion, if you don't want one, don't get one.

I have never said anything about anyone having to partake.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) After 30 yrs working for the feds, I have come to conclude that there are those who say, 'We can't do that.' and there are those who say, 'OK, let's get this done.'