2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

3 minutes ago, DJL said:

Wait....so the gas price fallout from coronavirus is proof that global warming doesn't exist? 

No, the growing polar ice, advancing glaciers, and snowstorms in April do that.  The low gas prices predated the Covid 19 pandemic and were a result of the US becoming the number one oil producer in the world.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, the growing polar ice, advancing glaciers, and snowstorms in April do that.  The low gas prices predated the Covid 19 pandemic and were a result of the US becoming the number one oil producer in the world.

Snow storms where?  You mean the weather?

Edited by turtlespeed

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Just so we can get this agreed upon.  Polar ice volume, glacial ice volume, frequency of snowfall are indicators of global warming?  These are your words, do you care to confirm that with more specific language.  For example is it just snowfall in April or is it volume of snowfall in a region, in the world, over a year, over a season etc?

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

What?  No.  That proof is in the extra solar asteroid that missed the solar system.

That reminds me of an interview I saw Bill Nie do.  It was about solar flares, as in the things that happen on the sun, an object 93.7 million miles away from Earth.  The person asked him if it's because of global warming and he had to very politely answer without calling her an idiot.

2 minutes ago, DJL said:

That reminds me of an interview I saw Bill Nie do.  It was about solar flares, as in the things that happen on the sun, an object 93.7 million miles away from Earth.  The person asked him if it's because of global warming and he had to very politely answer without calling her an idiot.

JHEEESUS - Really?

That really is spectacular.

Especially since everyone KNOWS that they are all Trump's fault.

<Sorry - I just couldn't let that one go by unattended to. . . >

4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That is hilarious considering the cadre of people you hang out with here.

good one.

It's hilarious considering your habit of demeaning anyone else who would bring Trump into a thread out of nowhere, yet here you are doing it again. 

• Like 3

(edited)
17 minutes ago, jakee said:

It's hilarious considering your habit of demeaning anyone else who would bring Trump into a thread out of nowhere, yet here you are doing it again. 

The difference you are avoiding is the obvious sarcasm vs lockstep belief.

Edited by turtlespeed
added the word "obvious"

On 5/2/2020 at 1:58 PM, turtlespeed said:

The difference you are avoiding is the obvious sarcasm vs lockstep belief.

That makes no sense. The similarity you keep avoiding is that you keep bringing Trump into threads for no reason. According to you, you're obsessed.

45 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Glacier National Park has reportedly removed and replaced signs that say, "the glaciers will all be gone by the year 2020."

But wait....the glaciers are still here today!  Some one should go tell those stubborn glaciers that they should not be here.  BTW those are the same computer models that tell us that we are facing catastrophic climate change.  Not to mention they were not here 7000 years ago, long before SUVs. 

I'm glad you brought this one up so quickly, thought I'd have to keep a mental pin on it for months until you found the famous "glaciers not melting" plaque.  So...as you agreed above, "glacial ice volume" is a measure of the rate/existence of global warming, not "A" glacier of your choosing.  You can find glaciers that are increasing in volume because there are many that grow with yearly polar vortexes and since the Antarctic region is at a fair equilibrium some shrink there and some grow.

So my question to you, do you get that?  Do you understand and agree that the global volume of these things is what matters?

1 hour ago, DJL said:

So my question to you, do you get that?  Do you understand and agree that the global volume of these things is what matters?

I'm sure he does, but that wouldn't further the trolling agenda.

22 minutes ago, kallend said:

I'm sure he does, but that wouldn't further the trolling agenda.

And of course he found one "GOTCHA" after your list of 7 regions that disprove his point.  Let's continue to the specifics of Glacier National Park where this sign is from and has since been removed.  Of their glaciers 11 are no longer considered glaciers because their volume has decrease so much they no longer move.

Here is the loss in GNP:

https://www.usgs.gov/data-tools/area-named-glaciers-glacier-national-park-gnp-and-flathead-national-forest-fnf-including

Here is the global loss in volume.  According to Brent's own words, it's climate change.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-glacier-mass-balance

(edited)
2 hours ago, DJL said:

I'm glad you brought this one up so quickly, thought I'd have to keep a mental pin on it for months until you found the famous "glaciers not melting" plaque.  So...as you agreed above, "glacial ice volume" is a measure of the rate/existence of global warming, not "A" glacier of your choosing.  You can find glaciers that are increasing in volume because there are many that grow with yearly polar vortexes and since the Antarctic region is at a fair equilibrium some shrink there and some grow.

Yes I get that, but I also get that the glaciers have been shrinking for the last several hundred years, long before this AGW nonsense.  My contention is that it is part of a natural cycle. If the climate were responding to the input of CO2, the glaciers would have been gone by 2020, just like the models predicted, they didn't and the models were/are WRONG.  

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Yes I get that, but I also get that the glaciers have been shrinking for the last several hundred years, long before this AGW nonsense.  My contention is that it is part of a natural cycle. If the climate were responding to the input of CO2, the glaciers would have been gone by 2020, just like the models predicted, they didn't and the models were/are WRONG.

Are you really here just to troll?

22 minutes ago, DJL said:

Are you really here just to troll?

What are you talking about???

I am just restating what the park service said on its placard.

The glaciers in question, did not come into existence until 7000 years ago.  Fact

The glaciers have been melting for the past several hundred years.  Fact

Climate models predicted the glaciers would be gone by 2020.  Fact

The glaciers are still here.  Fact

The climate models were wrong. Fact

How is that trolling?