2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

He would be irrelevant if only people would stop replying.

I think even then he would still be irrelevant. He's like a flat earther. He will still be shouting "EVs have no future!" as the last gasoline cars are sent to the scrapyard.

1 minute ago, olofscience said:

I think even then he would still be irrelevant. He's like a flat earther. He will still be shouting "EVs have no future!" as the last gasoline cars are sent to the scrapyard.

Just wait until you get to phase II of Brent, when he actually has to admit he's wrong and says something like, "Well, I prefer an open field to glaciers anyway."

11 minutes ago, DJL said:

Just wait until you get to phase II of Brent, when he actually has to admit he's wrong and says something like, "Well, I prefer an open field to glaciers anyway."

He knows that both US coasts are predominantly inhabited by liberals. Coastal flooding is his way of punishing them for always being right.

2 hours ago, DJL said:

If hell froze over, he'd say it was proof that global warming isn't happening.

Wendy P.

31 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I've waved the white flag when it comes to the new Green order.  Or should that be a green one?

Out of curiosity, do you believe that AGW is really happening? You may have said one way or the other in the past, I can't remember. 

That the earth is getting warmer, that human activity is the cause, and that it's going to get worse?

Not trying to play 'gotcha', just wondering.

You can believe that AGW is real and still be against the "New Green Deal". 

Just now, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

How do you know that?

Jerry Baumchen

He's too good at finding all the lies that pretend AGW doesn't exist to be 'stupid'. 
He's very good at arguing his points. Even the blatantly false ones. 

Also, his posts have excellent grammar & spelling. 

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

If hell froze over, he'd say it was proof that global warming isn't happening.

Wendy P.

According to the Apostle Belinda Carlisle, Heaven is a place on Earth.

39 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Out of curiosity, do you believe that AGW is really happening? You may have said one way or the other in the past, I can't remember. 

That the earth is getting warmer, that human activity is the cause, and that it's going to get worse?

Not trying to play 'gotcha', just wondering.

You can believe that AGW is real and still be against the "New Green Deal". 

It’s the A in AGW that I am not buying.  And the notion that we can control the weather if we just had the right mix of solar panels and windmills is just folly.  

Just now, brenthutch said:

It’s the A in AGW that I am not buying.  And the notion that we can control the weather if we just had the right mix of solar panels and windmills is just folly.  

So you don't think the activity of humans, the dumping of billions of tons of CO2 into the atmsophere is what's causing it?

I agree that reversing it is going to be virtually impossible, but I don't disagree that we are causing it.

Similar to acid rain (shut down and most of the damage has repaired itself), the hole in the Ozone Layer (again, CFCs reduced to the point that the Ozone Layer is coming back mostly), lead in the air (unleaded gas fixed that almost overnight) and smog in the major cities (not gone, but seriously improved).

I think that the scientists are correct, that we are causing it, but that overall, we're going to ignore it until it's too late.
Then we (humanity as a whole, I'll be long gone) will be screwed.

33 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It’s the A in AGW that I am not buying.

The A is the easiest thing to prove.  Fossil fuel CO2/CH4 has a different isotope profile than natural CO2/CH4.  We can prove that the new gases come from us.

And the notion that we can control the weather if we just had the right mix of solar panels and windmills is just folly.  

We can't control the weather.  No one claims we can.  We can make it warmer by burning as much coal and oil as we can - and we have been doing just that.

If we switched to all solar?  That would slow down and then stop the warming.  Same thing if we switched to all windmills, or all nuclear reactors.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

So you don't think the activity of humans, the dumping of billions of tons of CO2 into the atmsophere is what's causing it?

I agree that reversing it is going to be virtually impossible, but I don't disagree that we are causing it.

Similar to acid rain (shut down and most of the damage has repaired itself), the hole in the Ozone Layer (again, CFCs reduced to the point that the Ozone Layer is coming back mostly), lead in the air (unleaded gas fixed that almost overnight) and smog in the major cities (not gone, but seriously improved).

I think that the scientists are correct, that we are causing it, but that overall, we're going to ignore it until it's too late.
Then we (humanity as a whole, I'll be long gone) will be screwed.

6 hours ago, billvon said:

The A is the easiest thing to prove.  Fossil fuel CO2/CH4 has a different isotope profile than natural CO2/CH4.  We can prove that the new gases come from us.

We can't control the weather.  No one claims we can.  We can make it warmer by burning as much coal and oil as we can - and we have been doing just that.

If we switched to all solar?  That would slow down and then stop the warming.  Same thing if we switched to all windmills, or all nuclear reactors.

Why is warming bad?