2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

>Trump's EPA announces dirty power plan.

And even his own EPA estimates that the death toll from this new plan will be between 470 and 1400 people a year.

At least that level of "early retirement" will open up more jobs for coal miners.

In the meantime even Fox (Well, Fox2 St. Louis) is broadcasting accurate information on man made global warming. I wonder if we'll get this in time or we'll leave future civilizations with a very well documented description of how we drove the car off the cliff.

https://fox2now.com/2018/02/26/nasa-releases-time-lapse-of-the-disappearing-arctic-polar-ice-cap/
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

The north shore of Greenland is now ice free - for the first time in recorded history.

========================
Thick Arctic sea ice off Greenland breaks up for first time on record
Usually frozen waters open up twice this year in phenomenon scientists described as scary

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 21 August, 2018, 5:55pm
South China Post

16 Aug 2018

The oldest and thickest sea ice in the Arctic has started to break up, opening waters north of Greenland that are normally frozen, even in summer.

This phenomenon – which has never been recorded before – has occurred twice this year due to warm winds and a climate-change driven heatwave in the northern hemisphere.

One meteorologist described the loss of ice as “scary”.

Others said it could force scientists to revise their theories about which part of the Arctic will withstand warming the longest.

The sea off the north coast of Greenland is normally so frozen that it was referred to, until recently, as “the last ice area” because it was assumed that this would be the final northern holdout against the melting effects of a hotter planet.

But abnormal temperature spikes in February and earlier this month have left it vulnerable to winds, which have pushed the ice further away from the coast than at any time since satellite records began in the 1970s.
==================================

Shrodinger would be proud of the Trump administration.

Climate change is both real and a hoax at the same time.

www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-administration-sees-a-7-degree-rise-in-global-temperatures-by-2100/2018/09/27/b9c6fada-bb45-11e8-bdc0-90f81cc58c5d_story.html?utm_term=.f0cd1eb7ad20&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Since we're missing our favorite denier I'll fill his shoes.

NASA SCIENTIST PROVES GLOBAL COOLING TREND:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/09/28/nasa-the-chill-of-solar-minimum-is-being-felt-in-our-atmosphere-cooling-trend-seen/

And:

https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2018/09/27/the-chill-of-solar-minimum/comment-page-1/#comment-725

DJL

Since we're missing our favorite denier I'll fill his shoes.

Did he get a timeout? Or just done playing with us?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

lummy

***Since we're missing our favorite denier I'll fill his shoes.

Dammit Man, I just disproved global warming and all you care about is Rush?

Dammit Man, I just disproved global warming and all you care about is Rush?

No one comes here to listen. We come here to speak.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

lummy

***Since we're missing our favorite denier I'll fill his shoes.

He earned himself a timeout a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know if it's still in effect, or if it expired and he decided not to play here anymore.

In either case, the 'noise' level has declined both noticeably and very pleasantly.

I don't mind disagreeing and debating with people.

But they have to actually engage, and have points that they defend.

Simply contradicting what's posted, posting links that don't actually address the points being discussed, and refusing to address questions raised in the debate does nothing.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>I needed that

God knows you need something you can "claim victory on" after today.

Meanwhile more details from PopSci:
================
Greenland is melting much faster than we thought
It’s not surprising, but that doesn’t mean it's not devastating.

By Neel V. Patel Yesterday at 3:06pm

Greenland is losing its cool. That’s not much of a surprise—its mile-thick sheet of ice was not made for this epoch of climate change. But that cool is getting shredded faster than we think.

According to new findings published Wednesday in Nature, climate change has accelerated the melting of Greenland’s ice sheet to unparalleled levels, unseen in at least 350 years and likely in the past 7,800. The rate of melt and the resulting runoff falling into the ocean (and adding to a rising sea level) is speeding up over time, thanks to a motley of factors acting as a feedback loop.

It’s a startling discovery. In 2012, Greenland experienced one of its hottest summers on record, with about 97 percent of its ice sheet turning into slush and generating enough melted water runoff that global sea levels rose by over a millimeter. That was extreme, but the new study suggests it may have just been a glimpse of what’s to come.
===============

billvon

>I needed that

God knows you need something you can "claim victory on" after today.

Meanwhile more details from PopSci:
================
Greenland is melting much faster than we thought
It’s not surprising, but that doesn’t mean it's not devastating.

By Neel V. Patel Yesterday at 3:06pm

Greenland is losing its cool. That’s not much of a surprise—its mile-thick sheet of ice was not made for this epoch of climate change. But that cool is getting shredded faster than we think.

According to new findings published Wednesday in Nature, climate change has accelerated the melting of Greenland’s ice sheet to unparalleled levels, unseen in at least 350 years and likely in the past 7,800. The rate of melt and the resulting runoff falling into the ocean (and adding to a rising sea level) is speeding up over time, thanks to a motley of factors acting as a feedback loop.

It’s a startling discovery. In 2012, Greenland experienced one of its hottest summers on record, with about 97 percent of its ice sheet turning into slush and generating enough melted water runoff that global sea levels rose by over a millimeter. That was extreme, but the new study suggests it may have just been a glimpse of what’s to come.
===============

which means absolutely nothing in the context under which you post it. Is it melting? Of course. That can be seen. Is man causing it? there's no evidence to say that it is. There's only the models around which you guys wrap all your hopes to try and control what other people have to do
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Is man causing it? there's no evidence to say that it is.

There's lots of evidence that man is contributing. You just choose to listen to sources that don't accept that evidence. Saying something doesn't exist doesn't make it so, no matter who you are.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Is it melting? Of course.

Cool. But I am sure you will go back to denying it in a few days. Probably find an error in the total ice mass calculations, and say "SEE? It's all a hoax!"

>Is man causing it? there's no evidence to say that it is.

======================
Emissions of carbon dioxide into Earth's atmosphere reach record high

Doyle Rice, USA TODAY Published 1:11 p.m. ET Dec. 5, 2018

Emissions of carbon dioxide – the greenhouse gas most responsible for global warming – reached an all-time high in 2018, scientists announced Wednesday.

Global carbon dioxide levels in our atmosphere "are now higher than they’ve been for millions of years," said Rob Jackson of the Global Carbon Project and Stanford University, one of the study's co-authors.

The emissions rose for a second year after little to no growth from 2014 to 2016.
======================

billvon

>Is it melting? Of course.

Cool. But I am sure you will go back to denying it in a few days. Probably find an error in the total ice mass calculations, and say "SEE? It's all a hoax!"

>Is man causing it? there's no evidence to say that it is.

======================
Emissions of carbon dioxide into Earth's atmosphere reach record high

Doyle Rice, USA TODAY Published 1:11 p.m. ET Dec. 5, 2018

Emissions of carbon dioxide – the greenhouse gas most responsible for global warming – reached an all-time high in 2018, scientists announced Wednesday.

Global carbon dioxide levels in our atmosphere "are now higher than they’ve been for millions of years," said Rob Jackson of the Global Carbon Project and Stanford University, one of the study's co-authors.

The emissions rose for a second year after little to no growth from 2014 to 2016.
======================

Regardless of your best attempts at the Mister twister rewrite of what I've said. I do agree that the climate changes. By definition that is what climate does. But to look at it in a 350 year window is like one one-thousandth of one second in the life of this planet and claim man is changing the climate? That's batshit-crazy!

So what I do deny is the alarmist crazy batshit nutty people who seem to think that man has the power to change the climate on the level you suggest claims.

I've been clear on this point before but I know you don't give a damn. You proven that over and over.

But then climate alarmists have to use the tactic you use. Because they know they have no empirical evidence to support their claim. They only have The nutty computer models.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln