2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

30 minutes ago, kallend said:

Warmest January on record:

https://www.noaa.gov/news/january-2020-was-earth-s-hottest-january-on-record

February 13, 2020

In the span of 141 years of climate records, there has never been a warmer January than last month, according to scientists at NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information

According to NOAA it took FOUR YEARS FOR THE PLANET TO HEAT 0.02 DEGREES?!?!?!?!

Obviously climate sensitivity to CO2 is not as much as the alarmist claimed.  

Oh, look at what I found...…SCIENCE

https://www.scirp.org/pdf/acs_2020011611163731.pdf

4 minutes ago, DJL said:

1000 years ago?  It's warmer now than it was 1000 years ago.  1024px-2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

Average global temperature in modern times is measured through special thermometers aboard ships, buoys and a number of weather stations functioning all over the world. However, determining how hot or cold it was more than a few centuries ago is not nearly as easy, given that there are limited resources available to us that can conclusively ascertain past weather conditions with any degree of certainty. In fact, the data obtained from modern instrumental temperature records also accounts for only the past 150 years.

4 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Average global temperature in modern times is measured through special thermometers aboard ships, buoys and a number of weather stations functioning all over the world. However, determining how hot or cold it was more than a few centuries ago is not nearly as easy, given that there are limited resources available to us that can conclusively ascertain past weather conditions with any degree of certainty. In fact, the data obtained from modern instrumental temperature records also accounts for only the past 150 years.

So to recap the conversation:

Kallend: Hottest January on Record.

Brenthutch: It was hotter 1000 years ago!

DJL: Here's a record of world temperatures for the last 2000 years and no it wasn't.

airdvr: Hold your horses, we don't have accurate records past 150 years ago, there's no way you can make a claim like that!

Did I get that right?

Brenthutch, you're up.

13 minutes ago, DJL said:

So to recap the conversation:

Kallend: Hottest January on Record.

Brenthutch: It was hotter 1000 years ago!

DJL: Here's a record of world temperatures for the last 2000 years and no it wasn't.

airdvr: Hold your horses, we don't have accurate records past 150 years ago, there's no way you can make a claim like that!

Did I get that right?

Brenthutch, you're up.

Well you could be up if you'd like :halo:

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

image.jpeg.d3f6323ae1b7fbcb67d593fd982f4237.jpeg

I'm no expert on colors and lines and whatnot and so forth but I believe your graph is missing a bit of information.

But don't fret because one google image search later I've found your graph it's from: "Oxygen isotope curve from the GISP2 Greenland ice core. (Red ¼ warm, blue ¼ cool.) Plotted from data by Grootes, P.M., Stuiver, M., 1997. Oxygen 18/16 variability in Greenland snow and ice with 103 to 105 eyear time resolution. Journal of Geophysical Research 102, 26455e26470 data."

http://myweb.wwu.edu/dbunny/pdfs/Evid_Based_Climate_Sci/2016_Ev_Based_Climate_Sci_Chap21_Using_climate_cycle_patterns_to_predict_dje.pdf

So thank you for showing us that temperatures for Greenland dating to about 250 years ago.

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

image.png.b484003d6ec12a719044929395f95590.png

I'm not sure what what a graph of Ice Age Temperature Changes over the last 450,000 years is supposed to indicate.  Also, out of curiosity, are you getting your information from scientists?  I thought you said only like 3% of scientists are right about anything.

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

Your link even says that the claims that the Medieval Warm Period was warmer are contentious and the example data is primarily greenland and the arctic.  It is certainly a fact that the Northern Hemisphere had a period of unusual warmth.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16892-natural-mechanism-for-medieval-warming-discovered/

9 minutes ago, DJL said:

Your link even says that the claims that the Medieval Warm Period was warmer are contentious and the example data is primarily greenland and the arctic.  It is certainly a fact that the Northern Hemisphere had a period of unusual warmth.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16892-natural-mechanism-for-medieval-warming-discovered/

DJL,

Those Roman and Medieval warm periods were, ostensibly, caused by other than elevated levels of CO2, right? So, and without crediting his example as valid, another one of those and elevated CO2 levels might cause a bit of a feedback loop problem, yes?

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

According to NOAA it took FOUR YEARS FOR THE PLANET TO HEAT 0.02 DEGREES?!?!?!?!

Obviously climate sensitivity to CO2 is not as much as the alarmist claimed.  

Oh, look at what I found...…SCIENCE

https://www.scirp.org/pdf/acs_2020011611163731.pdf

Probably worthwhile to note the author is an Electrical Engineer.

45 minutes ago, DJL said:

I'm no expert on colors and lines and whatnot and so forth but I believe your graph is missing a bit of information.

Of course.  Once you have too much information, you are at risk for science comprehension, followed by ejection from the Trump party.  It's a risky thing, information.

3 hours ago, DJL said:

You really have no idea how much energy that is, do you.

With a warming rate of 0.02 degrees in four years, it will take three centuries before we reach the "dangerous" threshold of 1.5 degrees.  Again not a big deal in my book.

Edited by brenthutch