2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

richravizza

and somehow you equate AGW with nuclear war?

No, he hypothesized that global warming might lead to nuclear war. And it was very clear that he said that, not what you pretended he said.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

richravizza

THIS TYPE OF TRIPE Is the shit I can't stand
Do you have any conception of what ONE nuclear device has on human life?
One nuke at altitude will likely kill 10's of millions!!
No trucks tractors phones or electricity, all electrical systems will be completely destroyed in ONE nuclear EMP .
You obviously have no Idea of the deviation such actions would imply.
Then imply AGW would come close to the death and destruction of Nuclear weapons.

Did you even read what I wrote? Where did I equate AGW with a nuclear exchange?

I know what nukes can do.

I know who has them (at least who has been credibly accused of having them).

And I know full well that desperate people do desperate things.

Like launching nuke when their entire population is in danger of extermination.

The rest of your post shows a similar lack of reading comprehension.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

THIS TYPE OF TRIPE Is the shit I can't stand
Do you have any conception of what ONE nuclear device has on human life?
One nuke at altitude will likely kill 10's of millions!!
No trucks tractors phones or electricity, all electrical systems will be completely destroyed in ONE nuclear EMP .
You obviously have no Idea of the deviation such actions would imply.
Then imply AGW would come close to the death and destruction of Nuclear weapons.

Did you even read what I wrote? Where did I equate AGW with a nuclear exchange?
. . . .

The rest of your post shows a similar lack of reading comprehension.

Trump loves the poorly educated.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>As far as the coral reefs. do you realize that the the amount of co2 needed to decimate is
>nearly lethal to the mammals that evolved as that result?

Doubling pre-industrial CO2 levels (from 280 to 560ppm) will put coral reefs at risk for dissolving due to the lower pH.
https://phys.org/news/2009-03-coral-reefs-dissolving-atmospheric-co2.html

At 560ppm, a building is considered to have "good air exchange." At 1000ppm some people start to notice increased drowsiness. At 5000ppm humans begin to suffer health effects. At 40,000ppm CO2 can become deadly.
https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/chemical/carbondioxide.htm

So you're off by about two orders of magnitude.

I am a believer in AWG, but Damn it is not, the end all.

Agreed. There's a lot more than climate change.

I love nature, love the mountains and hike regularly
But for one moment imagine the beauty in the glacial national park.
The once barren ice covered lifeless prison that is now..
Full of alpine lakes, birds, trees and a vast ecosystem of Co2 capturing species ? The grasses and flowers are amazing along with all that comes with such beauty.

If you think that Glacier National Park was once a "barren ice covered lifeless prison" - you have never been there.

There's nothing wrong with CO2. Like oxygen and nitrogen, it makes up our atmosphere and we've evolved to live with it. We're just making too much of it, and that's increasing CO2 - which brings with it risks (dissolving coral reefs, increasing temperatures and the subsequent rising sea levels.)

By Angela Fritz January 11 at 5:25 PM
The oceans are warming faster than climate reports have suggested, according to a new synthesis of temperature observations published this week. The most recent report from the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change made what turned out to be a very conservative estimate of rise in ocean temperature, and scientists are advising us to adjust our expectations.

“The numbers are coming in 40 to 50 percent [warmer] than the last IPCC report,” said Kevin Trenberth, a climate scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research and an author on the report, published in Science Magazine on Thursday.

Furthermore, Trenberth said, “2018 will be the warmest year on record in the oceans" as 2017 was and 2016 before that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But it was 15 degrees (Fahrenheit, no less :S) here today. Surely some of that heat could move here!

:P

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

kallend

Just more crazy alarmism from you and Chris Mooney.

Here is some factual context.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/01/15/taking-down-the-latest-washington-post-antarctic-scare-story-on-6x-increased-ice-melt/
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Just more crazy alarmism from you and Chris Mooney.

Here is some factual context.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/01/15/taking-down-the-latest-washington-post-antarctic-scare-story-on-6x-increased-ice-melt/

I agree that anything from Chris Mooney should be met with a skeptical eye. That said I haven't looked at his source material for this article. Having briefly scanned the wutsap page it looks like their fact checkers note that the sea level rise described in the article is consistent with what we know but not more. There are other (better) sources who have published recently that ocean temps are higher which means that rate of melt will be higher.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

(edited)

For all the people who continue to post trash about how CO2 will result in a mass extinction life ending event in maybe only 12 short years from now, I only have two words to say.

"Siberian Traps"

You know the event that occurred some 250 or so million years ago when massive volcanic eruptions in Siberian began spewing never seen before nor seen since levels of toxic sulfur dioxide and carbon dioxide into the atmosphere which resulted in 96% of all sea species and 70% of all land species alive at the time to go extinct. So how long did these volcanoes erupt for to create such a devastating mass extinction event? 12 years? Nope, try again. 100 years? LOL not even close. 1000 years? Please. It is estimated that the time duration of the Siberian Traps volcanic mass extinction event at the end of the Permian Period was 300,000 years. But don't take my word for it, read about it here:

https://news.mit.edu/2015/siberian-traps-end-permian-extinction-0916

or here

https://www.le.ac.uk/gl/ads/SiberianTraps/PDF Files/The Siberian Traps and the End-Permian mass.pdf

or look it up yourself.

Oh and a lot of us may be dead 12 years from now. For some it will be old age. For others it could be illness, cancer, accident, drugs, alcohol, war, poverty, etc, etc, etc. But if it took 300,000 years of massive volcanic eruptions way beyond the scale of anything going on today to kill off most of the species alive at that time, calling for a similar mass extinction event to occur in only 12 years is either a case of intellectual dishonesty, or just more evidence that modern liberalism is a mental illness if you are dumb enough to believe in such propaganda. The climate on the planet has always changed and it will continue to change because this planet is always changing. Heck Krakatoa just erupted last month, again.

I believe in math, physics, chemistry, biology, geology, cosmology and a host of other sciences. I do not believe in the marxist, progressive/regressive, unscientific, toxic, anti-human ideology far too many Dork Zone fools peddle. Oh and I am much more worried about the possible negative health effects of the coming 5G networks that have not been thoroughly vetted but are still being rushed full steam ahead than I am about all your Climate Change religious beliefs.  

Enjoy your day consuming fake MSM news. :p

Edited by CanuckInUSA

1 hour ago, CanuckInUSA said:

Oh and a lot of us may be dead 12 years from now. For some it will be old age. For others it could be illness, cancer, accident, drugs, alcohol, war, poverty, etc, etc, etc. But if it took 300,000 years of massive volcanic eruptions way beyond the scale of anything going on today to kill off most of the species alive at that time, calling for a similar mass extinction event to occur in only 12 years  . . .

Agreed.  No one is saying that the Holocene extinction started 12 years ago, nor is anyone saying that it will be over in 12 years.  It's been going on for at least 100,000 years.  Climate change is merely accelerating it.

For all the people who continue to post trash about how CO2 will result in a mass extinction life ending event in maybe only 12 short years from now

Good thing no one is claiming that life will end in 12 years due to CO2 then!

The climate on the planet has always changed and it will continue to change because this planet is always changing

Also agreed - just like we are all aging and will someday die.  But still, if someone kills a friend of yours, or harms them through their carelessness, I have a feeling the argument "well, he was going to get sick and die anyway!" won't carry a lot of weight with you.

We do not like it when someone does things that that harm us, even if those changes would have happened eventually anyway.

I believe in math, physics, chemistry, biology, geology, cosmology and a host of other sciences.

You have to be VERY selective to believe in physics and chemistry and not understand AGW - like the people who claim to believe in physics but also think the Earth is flat.  But to each their own.

Oh and I am much more worried about the possible negative health effects of the coming 5G networks that have not been thoroughly vetted but are still being rushed full steam ahead than I am about all your Climate Change religious beliefs.  

I hear special hats made of a thin aluminum alloy formed into a hemisphere will protect your brain from the deadly 5G radiation.

(edited)

You just made an accusation that I would not care that much if someone close to me died? Huh? Where did that come from? Nice to talk to you again Bill. You've reached a new low. Ultimate power here at the Dork Zone must be a strong narcissistic trait of yours. You once asked me here if I beat my wife, which is a typical toxic attack tactic that your bigoted progressive/regressive ideology often uses against people they plan on bullying. But now you are bringing death into it? Wow. Interesting to say the least. But unlike today's brainwashed progressive/regressive snowflakes, I know that only sticks and stones will hurt me. haha

Yeah we could debate what affect greenhouse gases have at various levels and yes I know when a threshold of the greenhouse gases get too high that it will be a major strain on life on this planet. Why do you think I brought up the Siberian Traps? That wasn't enough? Then you felt the need to inject "flat earth" into the conversation even though I mention I believe in cosmology? More dishonesty. Nice, but you're better and smarter than that Bill. I believe in evolutionary sciences. It's fascinating how we got here. I am not the enemy in that regard. Hey want to know a fun fact (you might already know this but others may not). Our solar system is 18 galactical years old. We've been around the Milkway 18 times. Then in some incomprehensible long long long period of time from now (say something like 100 trillion years from now) the last of the stars in the last galaxies than have not even formed yet will burn the last of their Hydrogen and the entire known universe will go black with all this lifeless mineral matter floating in space forever. Talk about a mind muck.

So tell me Bill. Just how intellectually corrupt are you? I know you're not stupid, so you don't fall into the "Modern Liberalism is a Mental Illness" category. That just leaves the intellectually corrupt. You know your ideology is nothing but lies and deception, but you have to defend it under all circumstances don't you. AOC is the one pushing this 12 year "End of Times" narrative, not me. Just none of you are willing to bring it up here. Why? Because AOC is your next messiah? She's too young for 2020 (plus you know you can't win LOL). However in 2024 she will come of age. So you are willing to sacrifice all your knowledge of the physical sciences and instead embrace the lies of the almighty progressive/regressive Orwellian totalitarian ideology. Let me guess Russia will still be in the nightly news cycle until then. You still have not found anything have you. I told you two years ago there was nothing. You didn't believe me then, you don't believe me now and in two years the lies, insults and bigotry will still be front and center. But there still won't be any evidence because guess what. The collusion is in your heads. Perhaps you do have a Mental Illness ... ROFLMAO.

Enjoy you fake MSM news. :P

And don't forget about the Siberian Traps the cause of the largest most devastating life extinction event this planet has ever known. But fear not, an even bigger complete total life extinction event has still yet to happen and it is guaranteed to happen. But none of us will be around to witness it. Dang the lifetime of the human race is only a blip in cosmic time. I have to say one thing though, it sure would be cool if we could be around when Andromeda collides with the Milkway some 3.75 billion years from now.  

Edited by CanuckInUSA

5 hours ago, CanuckInUSA said:

You just made an accusation that I would not care that much if someone close to me died? Huh? Where did that come from? Nice to talk to you again Bill. You've reached a new low. Ultimate power here at the Dork Zone must be a strong narcissistic trait of yours. You once asked me here if I beat my wife, which is a typical toxic attack tactic that your bigoted progressive/regressive ideology often uses against people they plan on bullying. But now you are bringing death into it? Wow. Interesting to say the least. But unlike today's brainwashed progressive/regressive snowflakes, I know that only sticks and stones will hurt me. haha

Yeah we could debate what affect greenhouse gases have at various levels and yes I know when a threshold of the greenhouse gases get too high that it will be a major strain on life on this planet. Why do you think I brought up the Siberian Traps? That wasn't enough? Then you felt the need to inject "flat earth" into the conversation even though I mention I believe in cosmology? More dishonesty. Nice, but you're better and smarter than that Bill. I believe in evolutionary sciences. It's fascinating how we got here. I am not the enemy in that regard. Hey want to know a fun fact (you might already know this but others may not). Our solar system is 18 galactical years old. We've been around the Milkway 18 times. Then in some incomprehensible long long long period of time from now (say something like 100 trillion years from now) the last of the stars in the last galaxies than have not even formed yet will burn the last of their Hydrogen and the entire known universe will go black with all this lifeless mineral matter floating in space forever. Talk about a mind muck.

So tell me Bill. Just how intellectually corrupt are you? I know you're not stupid, so you don't fall into the "Modern Liberalism is a Mental Illness" category. That just leaves the intellectually corrupt. You know your ideology is nothing but lies and deception, but you have to defend it under all circumstances don't you. AOC is the one pushing this 12 year "End of Times" narrative, not me. Just none of you are willing to bring it up here. Why? Because AOC is your next messiah? She's too young for 2020 (plus you know you can't win LOL). However in 2024 she will come of age. So you are willing to sacrifice all your knowledge of the physical sciences and instead embrace the lies of the almighty progressive/regressive Orwellian totalitarian ideology. Let me guess Russia will still be in the nightly news cycle until then. You still have not found anything have you. I told you two years ago there was nothing. You didn't believe me then, you don't believe me now and in two years the lies, insults and bigotry will still be front and center. But there still won't be any evidence because guess what. The collusion is in your heads. Perhaps you do have a Mental Illness ... ROFLMAO.

Enjoy you fake MSM news. :P

And don't forget about the Siberian Traps the cause of the largest most devastating life extinction event this planet has ever known. But fear not, an even bigger complete total life extinction event has still yet to happen and it is guaranteed to happen. But none of us will be around to witness it. Dang the lifetime of the human race is only a blip in cosmic time. I have to say one thing though, it sure would be cool if we could be around when Andromeda collides with the Milkway some 3.75 billion years from now.  

Yikes!

9 hours ago, CanuckInUSA said:

For all the people who continue to post trash about how CO2 will result in a mass extinction life ending event in maybe only 12 short years from now, I only have two words to say. 

"Siberian Traps"

Enjoy your day consuming fake MSM news. :p

Since there are no people and no MSM that are saying that, your post begins with a false premise. And then it continues into false comparisons of the past with the present. It's nice that you have found some time to read and learn a little about natural history. Keep learning and perhaps work on some social skills while you are at it. Perhaps it is a good thing for you that you can keyboard out some of you anger and aggression here.

9 hours ago, CanuckInUSA said:

False Premise Fallacy is 3 words.

7 hours ago, kallend said:

False Premise Fallacy is 3 words.

This is the first time that I've ever heard someone say there's an imminent thread of deathly elevated CO2 levels.  Where's this coming from?

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Can't have an argument without first drawing the straw man. ;)

I found the "12 Years" thing but I think he woke up and didn't know whether the rest was a dream or reality and just started typing.  Think that the was the premise of a Friend's episode where Phoebe was mad at Ross.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/08/global-warming-must-not-exceed-15c-warns-landmark-un-report