dontbounce

Tom Delay is out

I guess when your whole staff pleads gulity to felonies and agrees to cooperate with the prosecutors, the whole "I'm innocent, I swear" argument falls apart...

My mom told me that it is rude to say "I told you so", so I won't. I do recall a long, heated argument with some republican "dead-enders" in this forum about Tom Delay and the rest of his crimminal buddies...

I knew it was going to be a good day when it heard the news, then I got 3 job offers for (80k, 80k, 65k) the same day.

Man, its been a good week.

Can you say "Republican Bloodbath"?

:D

Pass me a corona... ;)

He's resigned, and will possibly be convicted. Possibly not. Given the fact that the prosecutor had to shop for a grand jury, I find his impending conviction questionable at best. I think his departure a good thing for the Republican party overall. I don't recall ever seeing anything about his entire staff pleading guilty to anything - perhaps you have a link of sorts.

The House of Representatives hasn't made a good showing of itself as of late. Look at Cynthia McKinney, who is not going to resign. I don't find her conviction questionable if charges are indeed brought against her.

Could be a great month for weeding out House members. I wonder who is next? Abramoff's trial will most assuredly catch a few more people before its completion.

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Short trial, I didn't know he got convicted?

Dam, I forgot again, it is the charge that is important to the libs, not the facts:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

it is the charge that is important to the libs, not the facts

Au contrere, mon ami! It's not the charge that matters when it's Cynthia McKinney or any other Democrat!

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

it is the charge that is important to the libs, not the facts

Au contrere, mon ami! It's not the charge that matters when it's Cynthia McKinney or any other Democrat!

Isn't it the seriousness of the charge, not the nature of the evidence?

I get soooo......... confused sometimes. :ph34r::ph34r:

Ahhh well...I guess Ann Coulter had it right...the reason Democrats get so outraged when Republicans fail to live up to their own standards is that the Democrats themselves HAVE no standards. Therefore it's no big deal when one of them does something criminal.

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

>I don't recall ever seeing anything about his entire staff pleading guilty to anything . . .

Nope, not all. Tom Rudy pled guilty to conspiring with Abramoff, and Michael Scanlon pled guilty to conspiring to bribe public officials. Ed Buckham is next; he was named as "Lobbyist B" in the Abramoff court documents.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-03-31-delay_x.htm

>..the reason Democrats get so outraged when Republicans fail to live up
>to their own standards is that the Democrats themselves HAVE no standards.

That's actually not too far off, in my experience. Democrats, in general, tend to tolerate 'less moral' behavior both in themselves and in others. Hence their greater acceptance of things like gay marriage, and their lesser outrage at people who break the law. Republicans espouse high moral standards, both personally and in others. Hence their greater desire to regulate personal activity, and their support of the more restrictive religions.

However, both in actuality live up to the same (low) moral standards.