SpeedRacer

Komrad Mike Tyson

Mike is a walking freakshow. People only pay him attention still for the same reason they still pay attention to Michael Jackson. Not because either contributes to their respective profession anymore. People just want to see what fucked up stunt/comment these guys are going to pull next.

Please Mike don't eat my children.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Mike is a walking freakshow. People only pay him attention still for the same reason they still pay attention to Michael Jackson. Not because either contributes to their respective profession anymore. People just want to see what fucked up stunt/comment these guys are going to pull next.

Sounds like George W. Bush! :|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Mike Tyson would get killed in the UFC.

I agree that Mike is a pathetic charicature of the man he once was. I must say though, that I do not agree with the prevailing opinion that boxers cannot handle UFC. I realize that most boxers who have participated in UFC have been pulverized, but nobody ever heard of any of these boxers untill they did UFC. That indicates that these guys sucked as boxers and are in no way a representative sample. There is more money in boxing than UFC even for the ones who are not at the top so there is little likelyhood that anyone good at boxing would take a pay cut and do UFC. Conversely the boxers who do UFC already know they do not have a future in boxing. I am not saying that boxing is neccessarily better, I am just saying that the performance of the boxers who tried these UFC guys should not be seen as the average capabilities of a boxer.

While boxers would be susceptible to takedowns in close (which is why even good boxers who happen to be infighters would be in trouble), the more dynamic defensive movers would not be so easily taken down by many of these grapplers. In many cases I have seen UFC guys throwing wide roundhouse punches at eachother while lunging forward with their head wide open like a big target!! I am sorry but I can't help but feel that if one of those guys lunged forward like that without being covered up towards someone like a young Roy Jones they would quite likely be taking a nap. Again it is not an issue of better or worse, all styles have their limitations and strengths but boxing (if the person is a good boxer) is something that is sorely underestimated. Obviously an Ali style would go a lot further in there than a Tyson style.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

"Speaker's Corner is kind of like Chinese fortune cookies only you put "George Bush" at the end of whatever the post says."

Hmm, true and valid point, but if its facts and good advice you seek, the fortune cookies beat Speaker's Corner any day.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson