Mentosfresh

Helmet chinstrap keeps coming undone

I've had my Bonehead Rev2 helmet for about 2 years now. Recently I've been noticing my chin strap loose mid-flight while wingsuiting. At first I thought I forgot to put it on before exit, but I noticed it this past weekend come undone when I turned my head one way. It's been happening more frequently lately Luckily it hasn't flown off. Anybody else experience this? What can I do about it?

I've had my Rev2 for 2.5 years and haven't experienced this problem. I removed the cutaway system from my helmet because I was concerned about the handle getting caught on something and disconnecting the strap unintentionally (also didn't have much confidence in the actual design). Could that be the culprit?

Mentosfresh

I noticed it this past weekend come undone when I turned my head one way... What can I do about it?

Don't turn your head that way :P

Mentosfresh

I've had my Bonehead Rev2 helmet for about 2 years now. Recently I've been noticing my chin strap loose mid-flight while wingsuiting. At first I thought I forgot to put it on before exit, but I noticed it this past weekend come undone when I turned my head one way. It's been happening more frequently lately Luckily it hasn't flown off. Anybody else experience this? What can I do about it?

Hi,

Give us a call and we'll repair it for you at no charge. We can either send you the parts or you can send us your helmet and we'll replace it for you and check your helmet for any other wear.

(951) 943-1166
[email protected]
5156 Western Way
Perris, CA 92571

Thanks!!
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

My strap comes off in freefall as well. I once had to stop midway through a 4-way jump to stop 2 audibles and a camera from disappearing into the forest below. Tracked away with one hand on my head and saved several hundred dollars worth of gear.

My solution now is to put a small stow band over the red clip. Just enough tension to stop it coming off.

What helmet do you have and when was it purchased? Our chin straps have a tension band over the red pull tab which we added to the full-face helmets two-three years ago (if I recall correctly). Let me know if you need another chin strap too.

Thanks!
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

Our chin straps have a tension band over the red pull tab which we added to the full-face helmets two-three years ago (if I recall correctly)

My Rev2 was ordered when it was first released. That's great news if the chin strap has been revised. I'll private message you about getting one.