larskjargaard

War in the Iraq, At what point do people think it should end?

our enemy is the radical muslim, I call them like I see them Im not saying all muslims are bad but the radical ones are the problem, do you really think all the people are fighting are fighting for iraq? alot of them are fighting because they follow their religous leaders and were told to fight the infidel, they fight us because we are not muslim, we are American, British or whatever country the soldiers come from.
Do you think all the foriegn fighters care about iraq?
no they only want to kill christians and Americans and see us fail.
The fact that we are not carpet bombing shows that we are trying to kill only those we see attacking but in the long run it will cost us more people and time
As far as school go I understand it would be a huge task to remove their religon, but if schooling was offered that was based soley on real world knowledge rather than the majority of people having no schooling and believing that only things the imans teach (based soley on their belief, not real knowlege) are correct and acceptable. It would be nice to see a radical muslim tell his iman to shove it there is no way it makes sense to strap a bomb to my ass and go blow up my own people, I learned in school that this action makes no real sense!!
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

> but the radical ones are the problem . . .

I agree with you there!

>do you really think all the people are fighting are fighting for iraq?

A great many are. They are fighting to revenge the killings at their local temple, not because they want religious reward; this is the cycle of violence that we've fallen into now.

>Do you think all the foriegn fighters care about iraq?

I doubt they care about much at all. Most of the people fighting now are Iraqis though.

>The fact that we are not carpet bombing shows that we are trying
>to kill only those we see attacking but in the long run it will cost us
> more people and time . . .

Yes, agreed. It's what we agreed to when we decided to invade. The time to decide you don't want losses is BEFORE you invade. We are committed now. We have seen 2500 or so US soldiers killed; we will see thousands more before this is over. No way out other than to simply leave. Is that a good idea? There's a lot of arguing over that right now.

>s far as school go I understand it would be a huge task to remove
>their religon, but if schooling was offered that was based soley on
>real world knowledge . . .

Again, we can barely do that here. Look at how often US people want religion instead of evolution taught in schools. I can't imagine it will be easier over there.

Perhaps, as you mention, we could construct schools throughout Iraq (maintained by US dollars and teaching a secular curriculum) to help accomplish this. It would be hideously expensive, but honestly, it's one of the better ideas I have heard. If someone offered that as an alternative to this endless war I'd support it.

>It would be nice to see a radical muslim tell his iman to shove it
> there is no way it makes sense to strap a bomb to my ass and go
> blow up my own people . . .

I think the great majority DO say this. Like you said, though, it would be nice if all did.