warpedskydiver

Cindy Sheehan needs a bullet

Good thing none of the "rightie" protests ever do that. That would almost make it seem like..human nature. But no, it's just the Left. Carry on.

*sigh* Even though you've done what amounts to "But Clinton got a blowjob!" here... I guess we have to play this game. Show me where some recent (flexible) "right wing protests" have gotten out of control or have been as ridiculous as those on the left. Then, if you find any, show me how there's been equal or more of them on the right. THEN realize that what you might consider the extreme right wing is not actually embraced by the the conservatives and throw out all the Nazi and Klan rallies. Then take a look at the left and see how they actually DO seem to embrace their most extreme members.

Or, stick your head in the sand and ignore it. It'll probably just go away.
Oh, hello again!

no, no, no, when he says that he doesn't mean the right doesn't do it...he just means the left does it more...or likes it more...or something along those lines...

Close. You're ALMOST reaching comprehension here. Replace "more" with "a lot" in your post and you might have it.

But, hey... SOMETHING SHINY! Nice one!
Oh, hello again!

She doesn't seem to want to get anything done really... except get attention.

And the anarchy kiddies can shout rant and rave all they want, when they start breaking shit and attacking people who don't agree with them... they should have their asses beat.

Is she "breaking shit and attacking people" or is she just trying to get attention? I agree that she shouldn't be allowed to break things that aren't hers or physically attack people. But if her goal is to get attention, maybe she's accomplishing that. If she's not breaking shit and attacking people, then it's okay, imho.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

And the anarchy kiddies can shout rant and rave all they want, when they start breaking shit and attacking people who don't agree with them... they should have their asses beat.

Is she "breaking shit and attacking people" or is she just trying to get attention? I agree that she shouldn't be allowed to break things that aren't hers or physically attack people. But if her goal is to get attention, maybe she's accomplishing that. If she's not breaking shit and attacking people, then it's okay, imho.

linz

what about using dead servicemens names without the express written consent of their next of kin?

That was actually done!...sad huh?...and possibly illegal

what about using dead servicemens names without the express written consent of their next of kin?

In bad taste, imho, and if it's illegal, then she should be held legally accountable for that. Just because I support her right to protest, doesn't mean I like her message.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

linz

What nonsense. People write about the likes of Billy Fiske, Alvin York, Guy Gibson, George Patton, Jimmy Doolittle... without the consent of their relatives, with great regularity.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What nonsense. People write about the likes of Billy Fiske, Alvin York, Guy Gibson, George Patton, Jimmy Doolittle... without the consent of their relatives, with great regularity.

and then there's the Wall in DC. 50,000 names.

>I would simply engage in all out warfare against those who actually
>killed my child, or even a friend.

And that, my friend, is why so many Iraqis want us dead.

Great Point! Don't you mean "insurgents" or "terrorists" though? It makes it a lot easier to hate them if we don't call them "Iraqis" or "Iraqi Citizens". It doesn't look good for the administration when we have "Iraqi Citizens" blowing up our Soldiers, but "insurgents" kinda puts them in their own category...

I wonder if the King of England called us "insurgents" back in 1776... It all depends on your perspective I guess....

and then there's the Wall in DC. 50,000 names.

I agree. Show me the precedent that says you can't use the names of dead soldiers. I would post a picture of a dead American Soldier that has been blown to bits by an IED (I have them) but you vomiting on your keyboard would probably get me banned. War isnt pretty, hiding it from the public doesnt make it any prettier (see attached photos), just easier to "sell" to a bunch of gullible-ass Americans.

The real ploy here by the GOP is to minimize the coverage of the "war dead". Bush banned journalists from photographing the war dead at Dover AFB as they arrived home from Iraq, even though this was a common practice since the Vietnam war.

Most americans are so involved in their own lives that if you don't put it on the front page or on their cell phone bill, they don't care.

So it becomes a talking point about "how dare we use the names of the soldiers". I am sure they are glad thay they are on our minds. The soldiers would like for us to think about them, and debatethe best course of action we should take as a nation. Trust me, I know.

Cindy Sheehan irritates the republicans because she is a constant reminder that we have friends, brothers and sons being blown to bits over there every day by IEDs, and it just goes on and on "for as long as they are needed"

It is bad enough that whole whole basis of the war turned out to be an intelligence "error", but now we have close to 2,500 dead, and we will probably be there at least 2 more years.

Its a pointless war based on lies and bad intel. Admit it, Republicans. You fucked up.

People are getting killed for nothing. Why attack Saddam now? He has been in power 30+ years, doing the same thing... Lets admit the real reasoning for the war, and move on to some real dialog, so that we can get our buddies home safe.

Enough partisan "Cindy needs a bullet" speeches. "Mindless bravado" got us into this mess. Lets try to "think" our way out of it (for a change).

It is certainly not unlawful in a criminal sense, at least in the US. On the civil law side, most US jurisdictions do not allow a cause of action (i.e., a civil lawsuit) for the alleged slander of a dead person.

Whether or not it's in bad taste obviously depends on the situation and is open to debate among rational people. But I will point out that a great deal of Constitutionally-protected political speech, as well as civil disobedience, is done "in bad taste". That's often the very point: to affect public opinion, and thereby cause change in policy. Political speech is generally presumed to be protected, in any democratic country. And as for civil disobedience, well, I think we all know that long-term history is probably the better judge of each example of it than the heat of the moment at the time it occurs.

Hear about the Baptist churches burned in Alabama a couple weeks ago (not years ago)? Who do you think burned them? I'll bet on some anti-religious lefties. :|

You mean these guys?

Lemme just quote for you:

"We don't think that there is any type of conspiracy against organized religion or against the Baptists or against religious beliefs in particular," Riley said. "I think that, today, Alabama and all of the faith-based community in this state can rest a little easier."

Doesn't look like a left wing conspiracy to me... oh wait. That's what they want me to think. Now, where did I put that tin-foil hat...;)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

>I would simply engage in all out warfare against those who actually
>killed my child, or even a friend.

And that, my friend, is why so many Iraqis want us dead.

Great Point! Don't you mean "insurgents" or "terrorists" though? It makes it a lot easier to hate them if we don't call them "Iraqis" or "Iraqi Citizens". It doesn't look good for the administration when we have "Iraqi Citizens" blowing up our Soldiers, but "insurgents" kinda puts them in their own category...

I wonder if the King of England called us "insurgents" back in 1776... It all depends on your perspective I guess....

I meant whomever did them harm...I do not differentiate between killers of friends and family.

Yes I do know a a little bit about terrorists and insurgents.

> Hear about the Baptist churches burned in Alabama a couple weeks ago (not years ago)? Who do you think burned them? I'll bet on some anti-religious lefties. :|

You lose!

"Moseley and DeBusk are both sophomores at Birmingham-Southern College, which is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. "

> Hear about the Baptist churches burned in Alabama a couple weeks ago (not years ago)? Who do you think burned them? I'll bet on some anti-religious lefties. :|

You lose!

"Moseley and DeBusk are both sophomores at Birmingham-Southern College, which is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. "

Hey John, did you realize that that animal abuser, and murderer from arkansas theclass B dealer in dogs for research was a united methodist pastor of a church?

You lose!

Hey John, did you realize that that animal abuser, and murderer from arkansas theclass B dealer in dogs for research was a united methodist pastor of a church?

So you're saying that HE wasn't an anti-religious lefty either.

linz
--

I have contempt for any asshole who deserves to receive the same fate as those he has harmed without cause....

What did you think I am a right wing religous nut or something?...if so check out the political compass

John Kallend and I are not that far apart...only I am a bit more moderate...not that it means much to you or anyone else

John Kallend and I are not that far apart...only I am a bit more moderate...not that it means much to you or anyone else

You mean you both jump in Chicago? ;)

You mean you both jump in Chicago? ;)

Ummmm no there isn't a DZ in Chicago:P

Oh... You... You! :P

Your honour I am legally excused. I am a European making the totally unnatural assumption that Skydive Chicago or Chicagoland Skydiving were somehow located in Chicago itself. I surrender myself to the mercy of the court of public opinion. :D

Guest 1010
>where the three had been deer hunting the first weekend of February

while some on the left will argue that Dick Cheney must have masterminded these incidents to get the war in Iraq off the front page ...

>DeBusk is a theater major at Birmingham-Southern

I doubt he is a Bushie .... :|

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

>where the three had been deer hunting the first weekend of February

while some on the left will argue that Dick Cheney must have masterminded these incidents to get the war in Iraq off the front page ...

>DeBusk is a theater major at Birmingham-Southern

I doubt he is a Bushie .... :|

What you doubt is NOT a source of fact. Fact is, they went to a Christian college not known for harboring anti-religious lefties.

I have contempt for any asshole who deserves to receive the same fate as those he has harmed without cause....

What did you think I am a right wing religous nut or something?...if so check out the political compass

lol...I wasn't saying anything about your political leanings. I was just making a comment about your comment. That's all. That guy obviously wasn't anti-religious lefty either. Yes? :)

linz
--