ccowden

Do you regular SC posters get all worked up?

What I mean is, when I post in here, I get all worked up and my heartrate goes up and my blood pressure rises and I get all mad and in a bad mood. In fact, I am not sure why I ever post in SC becuase of how worked up I get.

Do you "regular" SC posters get that way, or can you just stay calm and it doesn't affect you?

It doesn't really affect me. No, my heart rate doesn't go appreciably up, nor does my blood pressure rise (at least, not so I would notice these things without being hooked up to monitors).

Sure, I get mentally agitated. But it's not like it sends me out of control yelling and cussing and stuff. That stuff may come out through my fingers, but the neighbors don't hear any of it.

And of course there will be those who will say I'm full of shit and that I have to get all steamed up and red-in-the-face. Sorry to disappoint anyone if they had expectations.

In fact, I wasn't even going to come into this thread until someone sent me a private message linking me to it.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Oh yes. I am quite belligerent.

:ph34r::ph34r:

People told me that something about the gay boogie must really bother me just because I pursued the thread I started about it.

I wonder what that logic, applied to your continuing to refer to my labeling you "belligerent," says about you. It really got under your skin, huh? :o

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Nope. I don't get worked up, and try to learn some things along the way. It's not always easy seperating the wheat from the chaff, but most times, when it's successful, I've found I've learned something, or considered something from a POV I hadn't in the past.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

i never normally post here, i just came to have a look and laugh at people getting too serious, though i did find myself getting a little worked up when people post their stubborn, idiotic, uninformed bigoted views and insulting people.

from now on i will ignore this area and stick to the happy place known as the bonfire, SC is like a nasty black hole that sucks you in!
www.ewancowie.com
www.facebook.com/ewancowiephotography

I think that is what bothers me most, when I write a reply, then there is a response, then I am like "No, I meant...", then a reply, then.....

It's hard to do on the computer and it gets me irritated.;)

It can be irritating unless you really like to write.

I have days when I write lengthy posts and realize that somehow I have managed to make a completely incomprehensible argument. Sometimes I delete and start over, but sometimes I just give it up and go make a cup of tea.

Other days, I don't notice I'm making an ass of myself, and I post crap.

I do actually try to learn something here, and sometimes I do, if only that there are certain people I never want to meet, no matter how long I live.

Other times, I find that people will make interesting points I've never thought of, and that makes it pretty worthwhile.

Trying to keep up makes me tired, though.

rl

The key is to make one or two sentence posts that provoke your antagonists into wasting THEIR time on long replies.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The key is to make one or two sentence posts that provoke your antagonists into wasting THEIR time on long replies.

Given the choice, I'd rather have real debate than fuck with my opponents.

Fucking with my opponents is reserved for when I have lost hope of any real debate.

I just enjoy the art of crafting an argument, but this forum makes me a little lazy because I'm dealing with so much that's just total bs. I can make some pretty good arguments against the issues I normally argue for, but I'm afraid that no one would see the point (although I may start doing that, just because what I'm doing now is kinda boring--at least it would give me some interesting opponents).

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Given the choice, I'd rather have real debate than fuck with my opponents.

rl

You're no fun any more:|

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Oh yes. I am quite belligerent.

:ph34r::ph34r:

People told me that something about the gay boogie must really bother me just because I pursued the thread I started about it.

I wonder what that logic, applied to your continuing to refer to my labeling you "belligerent," says about you. It really got under your skin, huh? :o

-

When I find something remarkably inaccurate and funny, I continue to poke at it.

Like if someone went and call me a communist. I might just be inclined to put that in my sig line, so I can see it and laugh all day long.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

... Like if someone went and call me a communist. I might just be inclined to put that in my sig line, so I can see it and laugh all day long.

Ha! A typical Crypto-Commie denial & evasion!:D

Y'All're foolin' no-one! We KNOW that it's more than just your Neck that's red!>:(

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

When I find something remarkably inaccurate and funny, I continue to poke at it.

You forgot to mention that you're not the only one who's poking at your being called "belligerent."

I can think of several people who deserve that label, but you're not even in the Top 100.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Yeah, I avoid abortion debates like the plague, but I've been wanting to jump into the South Dakota thread just to say "Look out, here comes an S!"

I just took care of that for you

Right. The next time I need help with an English issue I wont even try to find a professor or a teacher.;)

Sadly, you will find that the more articulate posters on here could teach you more than many teachers and professors.

Some of the most egregious abusers of the language on here are products of the American education system. I always giggle when I hear non-native English speakers apologizing for their skill with the language. More often than not, save for a few syntax errors here and there, their use of the language is far better than some people who have been using it since birth.

But then again, we've been accepting mediocrity in the name of self-esteem for at least a generation now. It's to be expected.

Not unless someone gets personal with me...

My thoughts exactly. I truly enjoy the view points of other people. Some slam you in the face and some "slowly impale you from behind".

Another reason I enjoy the site are the view points from around the world. Back in the day I traveled the world. I miss the views of those outside our country. It causes me to think...that is always a good thing.

I don't really get worked up; it used to bother me when people got upset at me personally for having a different opinion than theirs:S; but now I just laugh, pray, or go about my business.

It seems SC is a place where people enjoy fighting with each other and some even go the route of getting way too personal and using childish tactics and name calling if you dare speak out. :D

I don't really care if people hate me because of my beliefs/opinions and think I am the dumbest thing on the earth...I will still love and respect everyone here, and I don't hold anything against them.
Actually, I have learned a lot from many people and different discussions on here.

OTOH, I am choosing to simply ignore negativity and personal attacks from now on--life is too short to dwell on others hating me:)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

No I do not. It really is a great opportunity to express opinions on hot button topics and hopefully engage in some exciting debate. It is a great eye openner for me as due to the fact that I am being subjected to multiple perspectives I have not considered, and therefore I often find that some of the opinions that I hold very strongly are flawed. My ego is not attached to my argument and therefore I never see it as losing a debate so much as a learning experience.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I often find that some of the opinions that I hold very strongly are flawed. My ego is not attached to my argument and therefore I never see it as losing a debate so much as a learning experience.

You clearly don't belong here, then.;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke