carsona64

10 Year old Altitrack

I'm finally getting back into jumping after a 10 year hiatius and as your have already guessed it, my altitracks batteries died. I'm doing my recurrency on Monday and wonder if I shouldn't just use one of the school altimieters and send this thing back to Larsen to have a check up done, just to be on the safe side. Any thoughts on this would be useful, thanks.

I would definitely not think it needs a check up. Easy enough to do on a jump. Take another with you and compare.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

carsona64

This is a good idea, I'll have to see if ones available in the immediate area.

An airplane accomplishes the desired task. Even if you are not on it, someone else might be willing to confirm it works well.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Replace the batteries, and use the school altimeter until you are current.

You shouldn't need any service, you just have to verify it later when you are back up to speed, or have someone else test it out for you.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P