mattyblast

Should I Start Smoking?

18 or something to skydive; i.e. past the point of such naivete)

"past the point of naivete"? 18? :D:D:D:D:D

Heck, any 18 or 19 year old will agree with you anyway

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Macky-Ds may be shite, but no one has ever shown a link between health issues and passive eating......unlike smoking

Jungle lands are bulldozed in South America to produce more grazing lands for cattle to meet the needs of customers like McDs.

And nothing is natural about eating a McNugget, even if I do once a year or so.

and it boggles the mind how this guy could be so immature as to believe that smoking is for "beautiful people" who are more socially secure.

Smoking begins with people who are socially insecure & usually less educated than non-smokers.

Dude. It boggles my mind, too. But I'm telling you the god-honest truth. If you go to bars around here (especially on Water St., if anyone else from the Brew City is on here), you see beautiful people smoking. Beautiful people who are enjoying themselves. Beautiful people who are among other beautiful people enjoying themselves and each other...and they're all lighting up. Are they insecure? Heck no--if they were insecure they wouldn't be dressing in outfits that bring out their brea--I mean--best. Are they less educated? I don't know.

I guess I'm the insecure one, if I'm even agonizing over this in the first place. Fire away--if that ain't leaving myself wide open, I don't know what is!
"DOOR!!!"

Dude. It boggles my mind, too. But I'm telling you the god-honest truth. If you go to bars around here (especially on Water St., if anyone else from the Brew City is on here), you see beautiful people smoking. Beautiful people who are enjoying themselves. Beautiful people who are among other beautiful people enjoying themselves and each other...and they're all lighting up. Are they insecure? Heck no--if they were insecure they wouldn't be dressing in outfits that bring out their brea--I mean--best. Are they less educated? I don't know.

I guess I'm the insecure one, if I'm even agonizing over this in the first place. Fire away--if that ain't leaving myself wide open, I don't know what is!

You are a fucking retard. Do the world a favor-kill yourself.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

you mean we do the same thing with smokes that we do with beer?

beer speed fermented, watered down to homeopathic levels with
added berry flavor.

cigarettes with chemically treated tobacco, scientifically designed
ultra filters and menthol flavor

coffee shock frozen, at dishwater strength, diluted with tons of
diary products, and with added hazelnut or cinnamon flavor.

... need I say more?

It seems in this country a lot of people don't like the taste of
either beer, tobacco, or coffee but feel compelled to drink or smoke
in order to look cool (or, in the case of beer, because they enjoy
peeing a lot).

As a result beer/smokes/coffee get perverted and contorted into
some sort of candy or baby food to make it bearable for them.

I must admit though that things have become a lot better in
recent years. I am able to get a well roasted bean in special shops
as well as a few good brews if I stick to ales and stouts. It is still
hard to get a good Pilsner (I guess still too bitter even for the
more enlightened US tastes) and have never seen packs of Gitanes
or Gauloises on the shelves anywhere.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

Wow, do you honestly think that women who dress provocatively aren't at all insecure? :S:S:S
I don't believe all women who do that are insecure, but I bet a high porportion of women who think they have to "show it all off" just to get a date really are insecure with themselves.:|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Dude. It boggles my mind, too. But I'm telling you the god-honest truth. If you go to bars around here (especially on Water St., if anyone else from the Brew City is on here), you see beautiful people smoking. Beautiful people who are enjoying themselves. Beautiful people who are among other beautiful people enjoying themselves and each other

From what you're saying, it sounds to me as though you are very young & haven't yet experienced very much of the world yet.

The World Health Organization & plenty of other studies have shown that as socio-economic level goes down, the likelihood of smoking goes up. (so much for your "beautiful people" BS)

Smokers are more likely to suffer from depression than non smokers. They also age more quickly.

I know when you're a teenager you feel as though you've got the whole world all figured out. But you really need to get out & experience the world more.

Try this: Look in a nice bar in a nice neighborhood full of well-off people with college degrees etc. A few people might be smoking, most are not.

Now go into a sleazy dive in a poor neighborhood full of rednecks with three teeth. EVERYBODY'S smoking!

Smoking is more common among weak, depressed, socially insecure, and uneducated people. When you get a little older & experience the world more, you will be able to see that.

The hype surrounding cigarettes is bullshit.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------