mattyblast

Should I Start Smoking?

You've seen all the "the truth" commercials. You've seen the warnings from the American Lung Association. You've seen the pictures of the old people using oxygen masks. You've read all the Surgeon General's warnings. And you've seen the statistics.

But none of this changes that fact that yes, people who smoke really are deemed more friendly, fun, adventurous, and socially-skilled than non-smokers. And they're beautiful people, too. Ever seen a hot woman in a bar (or at your DZ) with a cigarette in her hand? Of course! Sometimes a woman in a bar will hold her cigarette high in the air like she's some kind of queen, and it's her scepter.

And at a party, smokers all flock together. It's like there's this sign smokers all wear around their necks that says "I'm one of your people--let's get together!" And they all make it a point to go outside at the same time and smoke together. Just them. The VIP section. The smokers' private time. Leave the goody-goody church-going dorks inside, and go outside together so you can light up and see how much cooler all of you are than the rest of 'em.

I'm genuinely tempted to start. Last time I was at my favorite karaoke bar I bummed, and then puffed on a few cigarettes while I was there. I felt like I had made a huge transformation and crossed over into the land of the fun people.

Anyone want to recommend a good brand to start with?
"DOOR!!!"

I see your in the US. Over here in the Jersey UK I smoke Silk Cut Red which you dont seem to be able to get anywhere else. I'd sugest trying to import them, they'd make you look international, cool with a certain cachet.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Go ahead, just die early so my tax dollars don't support your stupid ass when you're a fucking non-productive medicare sponge, slowly dying of lung cancer.

Fucktard.

WHOOOSSHHH?!

If they die early, less medicare spent on other ailments, and no social security checks.

You ever take a look around the world in which we live and think - hey, it's not that big a deal?

And for the record, here in England for sure, the amount of tax we smokers pay on cigarettes MORE than covers the medical bills that might come with being a smoker. So you can roll up your tax dollars and smoke em. ;)

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

I'm voting "yes." There are legitimate health reasons to starting smoking. Chief among them is the truth that secondhand smoke is worse for you than first-hand smoke. Secondhand smoke i far more harmful.

So, rather than absorb unhealthy secondhand smoke, lower your risk and focus on firsthand smoke. COmpared to the alternative, it's a healthier choice.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

But none of this changes that fact that yes, people who smoke really are deemed more friendly, fun, adventurous, and socially-skilled than non-smokers.

:o Uh, whuh? Says who?!

And they're beautiful people, too. Ever seen a hot woman in a bar (or at your DZ) with a cigarette in her hand? Of course! Sometimes a woman in a bar will hold her cigarette high in the air like she's some kind of queen, and it's her scepter.

More like a badge of her dumbness.

Every try to kiss such a woman? The taste of her mouth makes ya wanna vomit. :S

I'm genuinely tempted to start. Last time I was at my favorite karaoke bar I bummed, and then puffed on a few cigarettes while I was there. I felt like I had made a huge transformation and crossed over into the land of the fun people.

Please, by all means, go for the highest tar, unfiltered cigarettes you can find. :|

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

You ever take a look around the world in which we live and think - hey, it's not that big a deal?

And for the record, here in England for sure, the amount of tax we smokers pay on cigarettes MORE than covers the medical bills that might come with being a smoker. So you can roll up your tax dollars and smoke em. ;)

Thanks for another reason for thinking that smokers are friggin' morons. They line up to be fleeced for the price of cigarettes -- a product that gives them nothing, but makes them stink, and causes health deterioration.

Does anyone believe that a smoker does things better because he smokes? Take a skydiver, or any other athlete, and have him smoke for a year. Do you think he is likely to be any better at his chosen activity after smoking for a year, or is it more likely that he'll actually be not as good?

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

You've seen all the "the truth" commercials. You've seen the warnings from the American Lung Association. You've seen the pictures of the old people using oxygen masks. You've read all the Surgeon General's warnings. And you've seen the statistics.

But none of this changes that fact that yes, people who smoke really are deemed more friendly, fun, adventurous, and socially-skilled than non-smokers. And they're beautiful people, too. Ever seen a hot woman in a bar (or at your DZ) with a cigarette in her hand? Of course! Sometimes a woman in a bar will hold her cigarette high in the air like she's some kind of queen, and it's her scepter.

And at a party, smokers all flock together. It's like there's this sign smokers all wear around their necks that says "I'm one of your people--let's get together!" And they all make it a point to go outside at the same time and smoke together. Just them. The VIP section. The smokers' private time. Leave the goody-goody church-going dorks inside, and go outside together so you can light up and see how much cooler all of you are than the rest of 'em.

If you wanna smoke to be one of the "cool kids" you need to get a life.

try black death cigarettes...I mean why not make a statement?[:/]

Ever seen a hot woman in a bar (or at your DZ) with a cigarette in her hand?

Sometimes they seem beautiful, then they pull out that cigarette and they immediately lose every bit of attractiveness. Who wants an addict?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants