prahphecy

Voodoo Curv rig size and Pilot ZPX pack volume

Hi all,

Im looking into buying a new Voodoo Curv and would like to buy a Pilot ZPX 188 as my first main.

Due to the low pack volume of the Pilot ZPX, does anyone know if the ZPX will fit into a Vc3 container?

I have already reviewed the Curv volume chart and it compares the ZPX to bigger volume canopies w/o zpx fabric that, in reality, would compare to the Pilot ZP model.

I'm guessing that the chart shows a standard fit for the container specified, meaning that youd be able to up one size and down one size.

Any info would help guys!

I've noticed this as a trend, it seems several container manufacturers treat the Pilot line as having a larger pack volume than similar square foot canopies from other lines/makers.

For example, Infinity recommends a larger container for a Pilot 188 than for a Sabre 2 190...

What was your wing loading on the 168zpx? and how many jumps did you have when you started flying it?

FYI I have 40 jumps; I'm currently on a 190 Silhouette in a student rig.. @1.21WL when i started flying it. I have dropped 10 pounds since and fly @1.15WL now. I plan on staying <195lbs/ 1.25 WL so that i can fly a 168zpx once my rig comes in.. in about 5 months??? Really thinking of getting the Vc3...