miked10270

Speakers Corner Changes a light Bulb!

How many SC members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
1 to move it to the Lighting section.
2to argue then move it to the Electricals section.
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
5 to flame the spell checkers.
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
9 to point out that European Light Bulbs are different.... Another 3 to point out that in this case different equals inferior.
4 to post that Europeans know $hit about lightbulbs anyway.
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again!:S

Names have been obscure the guilty.... But Y'All know who Y'All are!:)

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
9 to point out that European Light Bulbs are different.... Another 3 to point out that in this case different equals inferior.
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again!:S

Mike.

1 to quote the original post.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I blame Bush!

But it's ok because Clinton got a blow job

(we'd also accept Clinton did it first)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You left out

"1 to take the changing of the light bulb as an insult on his person, his nation and his way of life, and to reply with a post containing lots of capital letters."

Look, if you've got a grudge against the U.S.A . because IT'S THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE F*ING [I]WORLD[/I], why don't you just COME OUT AND F*ING [I]SAY[/I] THAT?!

:D

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

If more people used long life bulbs you simply wouldn't have so may light bulb threads, its a plain and simple fact, anyone can Google the stats..

You'd also need a couple of posts discussing the pros and cons of LED lighting, cold cathode technology, and other low energy forms of illumination.

Candle users would be scorned as being environmentally irresponsible, 'wax guzlers' if you will.....

Then there are the perennial issues surrounding the Bill Of Lights .
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

1 to extol the virtues of LED technology.

(That'd be me. I love LED!)

-

At least 2 to try & hijack the thread into a private chat!:P

And at least One to highlight his point by using too many colours including [brown]non-available[/brown] ones!

Mike.

(waiting for: 1 to point out that's already been covered in the original post & didn't need to be repeated!)

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

"At least 2 to try & hijack the thread into a private chat!"

Au contraire Mike, you can now get LED replacements for standard light bulbs, and if you choose to fit them, you wouldn't have to change those old ones out as often.

Had Jeffers and I spun off and dribbled on about using DMX contollers to change lighting then you may have had a point.:P;)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Mike.

1 more to say bump
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

"At least 2 to try & hijack the thread into a private chat!"

Au contraire Mike, you can now get LED replacements for standard light bulbs, and if you choose to fit them, you wouldn't have to change those old ones out as often.

Yes, but look how many people doing that would put out of work! :D

Had Jeffers and I spun off and dribbled on about using DMX contollers to change lighting then you may have had a point.:P;)

Rappers control lighting? :S

-
-Jeffrey

I really think light bulbs should be done away with.

Look at this headline from today's www.cnn.com.

• Watch: Lightbulbs scar girl, force a dim childhood

They are just to dangerous for today's society. What if the terrorists start using them? Then what?

You linked to their homepage but not to a specific article. In fact, there's an article on the homepage that says "Skydivers set world freefall record"!!! :)
Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen! This is the first I heard that it had taken place. (I hadn't stayed up to date on the effort.)

-
-Jeffrey