Icemann

How long does altimeter battery last?

Just bought STELLA electronic analog altimeter with a spare battery. Didn't do much research though. I suppose batteries are only for the nightjump lights? (It says the light could be left on for 2 continuous hours.) Or function of this analog alti itself based entirely on battery power? Also how long would it last before I have to change the battery? Thanks. :)

My Altitrack battery lasts me a whole season or more.

And guess what, that has no bearing on your completely different altimeter. :S

If you are going to try to get us to spoon feed you information like a baby bird at least give us a more specific title to your thread, and maybe try adding some structure to your actual question.

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I don't think the Stella keeps a log so it's not too critical and it has a low battery alert. If it does store any info then you might want to keep a spare battery and tools to change it in your kit. That way you can change the battery (hopefully, I haven't seen a Stella) before losing the stored info the way I do on my Neptune 2.

Bob_Church

I don't think the Stella keeps a log so it's not too critical and it has a low battery alert. If it does store any info then you might want to keep a spare battery and tools to change it in your kit. That way you can change the battery (hopefully, I haven't seen a Stella) before losing the stored info the way I do on my Neptune 2.

That's all I need. Thanks man!

Please be aware your alti requires batteries to function!
It is not a mechanical actuated needle.

It is a digital alti with an analogue face. Same as the AltiTrack. Don't ignore a low battery warning thinking it is only an issue for a night jump

From L&B website

STELLA™ gives every skydiver digital accuracy with an analog face (ft or M), using LB Altimeters’ world renowned research, development and engineering, a small, accurate and versatile altimeter for any discipline. STELLA™ is far more accurate than any traditional mechanical altimeter, STELLA™ is the “must have” altimeter.