BillyVance

Richard Scrushy is a fucking moron

Being in Alabama, I am almost constantly reading news stories on Richard Scrushy. Remember him as the CEO of HealthSouth and the huge scandal that came out a few years ago? Remember the trial in court and the continued circus?

Well, now, he faces bribery charges in federal court over an unrelated issue, and he has the gall to claim in a court filing that there are not enough black people on federal juries in Montgomery! According to the story in the newspaper, the middle district of Alabama is 30% black, but juries ranged from 10 to 20% black. Richard is white. Ever since the HealthSouth scandal, he has joined a black church, made huge contributions to black charities, etc... and it's all a ruse to gain the sympathy card despite becoming one of Alabama's richest men.

Good God man... what a fucking moron. Look, I'm not racist, but this guy is incredulous at what he is trying to do. Who the hell is he trying to fool? :|:|:|

Seriously, I don't know which one is worse - Richard Scrushy, or ousted state supreme court judge Roy Moore, who incidentally is running for Alabama Governor. :S

They're both stupid fuckers...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Out of curiosity, how do you rate Moore's chances of winning?

Good question... There are plenty of bible thumpers down here, but hopefully, the masses will realize what kind of person he was for thumbing his nose at the government and sneaking a monument into a state building under cover of darkness without consultation, and vote for the more responsible candidate. :S

edited to add: Even then, the slate of candidates doesn't look all that great. There's Riley, the current governor, who seems to have done a fair job, depending on how you look at it. There's Siegelman the former governor defeated by Riley, who's had his own legal troubles. Then there's Lucy Baxley, whose ex-husband ran for governor back in the 1980's in what was known as one of the worst mud-slinging campaigns in history against Charles Graddick in the Democratic primary. It was because of that bullshit that Alabama voted in a Republican governor for the first time in 100 years, Guy Hunt, who incidentally became the worst governor we ever had, and was forced out early in his 2nd term.

We've got retards running the government here... which is no great surprise. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...Good question... There are plenty of bible thumpers down here, but hopefully, the masses will realize what kind of person he was for thumbing his nose at the government and sneaking a monument into a state building under cover of darkness..
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
My, such hostility. Of course the monument was brought in after regular business hours. That's when such projects are carried out, so as not to interfere with the daily court building activities.

Moore had a valid point: The Ten represent the basis of law for all of western civilization, as well as the foundation of this country. The issue is not that he wanted to display this text, but that a significant number of people have been brainwashed into believing that such a display is "unconstitutional" when it clearly is not. (Read the Constitution before you attempt to argue...)

I can't help noticing the deafening silence emitted by the civil liberties lobby, which is usually so passionate about fighting censorship.

Cheers,
Jon S.

...Good question... There are plenty of bible thumpers down here, but hopefully, the masses will realize what kind of person he was for thumbing his nose at the government and sneaking a monument into a state building under cover of darkness..
My, such hostility. Of course the monument was brought in after regular business hours. That's when such projects are carried out, so as not to interfere with the daily court building activities.

But he broke the rules by not telling anyone what he was going to do because he knew he would not get approval. He felt like he was above the law. That's what started the whole shitstorm.

"Out of curiosity, how do you rate Moore's chances of winning? "

He has a better chance of winning than Kinky Freeman has of winning in Texas and Kinky has better quotes me thinks ... such as...

"They ain't makin' Jews like Jesus no more"

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james

As a former Birmingham resident who's wife is a rehab doctor (that's the main Healthsouth field) one of whose main career goals was to never work for Healthsouth;

I totally agree.

Well, ok, maybe not a moron in the strictest sense of the word (since he's obviously playing his cards in a pretty cagey manner) but definitely a lousy no-good sleazebag.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I can't help noticing the deafening silence emitted by the civil liberties lobby, which is usually so passionate about fighting censorship.

I concur. But, the ACLU actually values other interests more than free speech. But I also understadn that there is a constant tension between rights, and you gotta pick a winner in your book. (BTW - the ACLU in California actually won a Cal. Supreme Court case that allowed court ordered censorship in the workplace).

On the other hand, Roy Moore committed a cardinal judicial sin. He failed to obey an order of a court. In fact, he deliberately disobeyed one. This is not the way anybody should ever do things, much less how a judge should operate. For that, his ass deserved to be kicked off the bench.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

...But he broke the rules by not telling anyone what he was going to do because he knew he would not get approval...

This may be true, but it's not what's bothering you. Your casual dismissal of Christians as "Bible thumpers" indicates a deep hostility to the non-atheist community that goes far beyond any passion for following proper procedures.

If a higher court ruled that the sun rises in the west, and a lower court judge refused to take this decree seriously (for the same reason as did Moore: the ruling has no basis in fact) would you be chastising the judge for refusing to obey orders, or would you acknowledge the fact that he has a valid point?

Cheers,
Jon S.

...the ACLU actually values other interests more than free speech...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This is SO true. In fact, it appears these people have little interest in protecting civil liberties.

The police are searching our cars. Employers are searching our urine. It is a federal crime to offer an opinion on a public sidewalk if there happens to be an abortion clinic nearby. Add to this the exhaustive list of restrictions continually being imposed by legislators who seem to believe that their job is to crank out laws, any laws, simply because we're in a new calendar year. Smoking restrictions, seat belt laws, bicycle helmet laws, HOV lanes, restrictions on political campaign spending, restrictions on gun rights, etc. etc.... Where is the ACLU? They offer little criticism and nearly NO actual opposition to such attempts to micromanage "free" Americans and criminalize things which used to be okay.

But God help any school district that fails to censor the Ten Commandments...

Cheers,
Jon S.

BTW - the ACLU in California actually won a Cal. Supreme Court case that allowed court ordered censorship in the workplace.

When I was a student at the University of California, we had the extremely bizarre case of the ACLU v. the ACLU. I don't recall the real case name (maybe I'll look for it), but the California branch of the ACLU was filing things for the University (what are those called, amicus briefs?), and the counsel for the student complaining of censorship was the ACLU from another state (his home state--he was an out of state student and his father was an attorney who was an ACLU member).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

...But he broke the rules by not telling anyone what he was going to do because he knew he would not get approval...

This may be true, but it's not what's bothering you. Your casual dismissal of Christians as "Bible thumpers" indicates a deep hostility to the non-atheist community that goes far beyond any passion for following proper procedures.

If a higher court ruled that the sun rises in the west, and a lower court judge refused to take this decree seriously (for the same reason as did Moore: the ruling has no basis in fact) would you be chastising the judge for refusing to obey orders, or would you acknowledge the fact that he has a valid point?

Cheers,
Jon S.

Richard Scrushy and Roy Moore are not real christians. Trust me on this. And I'm not an atheist. Yeah, I know the whole "judge not lest ye be judged" thing, but those two are the biggest fakes I know in this state. :|