tlipiec

CRW & WS friendly canopy

Afternoon all,

I'm thinking of rebuilding my back-up rig to make it suitable for WS and occasional CRW. I was considering Triathlon Hybrid with 4 point PC retraction system for CRW and also standard kill-line bridle for WS and other terminal jumps. Any comments / criticism (only constructive please;)) / advice on such setup?
# 2092
Stay away from the rivers

If you are going to go with the Hybrid Triathlon, make sure it is made with all dacron lines. The standard hybrid setup only has dacron center lines and microline everywhere else. The standard setup is more comfortable on the ankles if everything goes to plan, but is completely useless in a wrap where it matters.

tlipiec

Afternoon all,

I'm thinking of rebuilding my back-up rig to make it suitable for WS and occasional CRW. I was considering Triathlon Hybrid with 4 point PC retraction system for CRW and also standard kill-line bridle for WS and other terminal jumps. Any comments / criticism (only constructive please;)) / advice on such setup?

I'm not a wingsuiter but given the recent video of the opened main being sucked back down into the burble of a wing suit (slider already down and I'm sure if collapsible PC already collapsed that a standard PC might be advisable.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I had almost exactly that.

My wingsuit peers had concerns about my use of elipticals for wingsuiting So I got a good condition standard Triathalon. I proceeded to install a new Dacron lineset with the 4.O mod for better brakes and a rigger installed retractable bridle for occasional CRW .

I was blessed that my elipticals actually opened better than the Tri, and it was a good Tri, and frankly the elipticals were more capable and more fun to fly once open.

As far as CRW, it is mostly done with lightnings in various loadings here in the states. We had several CRW Triathalons available but rarely used them for CRW. We stuck with lightnings of which we have many.

Ended up trading that Tri for a , you guessed it, another used eliptical.

You can put Dacron lines on Sabre 1, Spectre Tri's, and storm for wingsuit and freefall but if you want to do CRW you will end up with a lighting or three.

I agree with everything above. CRW is usually (and most effectively) done with everyone on the same type of canopy and wingloading. Check with the dawgs around you and see what they're jumping and match that... it's very likely that everyone jumps lightnings which you don't want to use for terminal openings.

And of course dacron all the way around, to save your friends' skin when you wrap.