Gravitymaster

US dispatches Warplanes

Fighters deploy
Coinciding with increased tensions with Iran over the resumption of illicit uranium enrichment, the U.S. Air Force has dispatched additional warplanes to the region in a not-so-subtle sign, military sources say.
An entire wing of F-16s, the Air National Guard's 122nd Fighter Wing based in Fort Wayne, Ind., left for a base in southwest Asia on Tuesday. A wing is usually about 72 aircraft and several hundred support personnel.
F-16s and support personnel from the 4th Fighter Squadron of the 388th Fighter Wing based at Hill Air Force Base, Utah, also deployed recently to Iraq. The squadron has 12 F-16s.
Both units' F-16s could be used in any military operation to take out Iranian nuclear facilities.
A spokesman for the U.S. Central Command Air Forces, which runs air operations in the region, said the F-16 deployment of about 80 jets is part of a rotation and is not related to Iran's uranium reprocessing.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060112-113400-5198r_page2.htm

80 jets?

Shite, that's more than the entire Danish air force.

I doubt the Iranians will blink though. Current regime is too fanatical.

If the US bombs Iran, I would suspect the Iraq insurgency would be boosted by "Iranian irregulars". That's their best card; proximity to the big arena.

80 jets?

Shite, that's more than the entire Danish air force.

I doubt the Iranians will blink though. Current regime is too fanatical.

If the US bombs Iran, I would suspect the Iraq insurgency would be boosted by "Iranian irregulars". That's their best card; proximity to the big arena.

Anyone running a country that tries to convince to the world openly that Israelis should evacuate to Alaska is probably hopped up on some very cool mind-altering drugs... probably from their neighbors up to the north (like Afghanistan maybe?) :)
Isreal took out a nuclear facility in Iraq in the 1980s. I think it's totally justified that we strike. Iran would probably then go after Iraq because that's the only place they would think of to inflict pain, but it would give the insurgents something to do besides take pot shots at US soldiers.

If Iran is taken out, then the only real anti-US country left in central Asia and the Middle East is Syria. The rest aren't worth worrying about.

Hmmmm.... Could we be seeing air strikes on their nuclear research facility? I don't see why not. Israel did it to Iraq, and Iraq has not had a nuke program since. Good deal there.

Sure, it'll stir up a helluva hornets nest, but thank god it's not up to me to decide what to do.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think cooler heads should prevail and let the Iranians put there own house in order. Most Iranians do not want nukes or the mullahs calling the shots........If not..... I feel confident the Israelis will do it for them.:(

The US does not need to be involved:|

Either way, it's a good bet it could draw other nations into the conflict... specifically the arab nations. I do believe we need to tread very carefully.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Either way, it's a good bet it could draw other nations into the conflict... specifically the arab nations. I do believe we need to tread very carefully.

It is a sad fact you piss them off, they call an all out war, you kill terrorists that bomb the streets any where in the world, they call another all out war. They kill each other effortlessly, it's all cool........
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

It is a sad fact you piss them off, they call an all out war, you kill terrorists that bomb the streets any where in the world, they call another all out war. They kill each other effortlessly, it's all cool........

And what happens when Iran nukes Tel Aviv?

Anyone running a country that tries to convince to the world openly that Israelis should evacuate to Alaska is probably hopped up on some very cool mind-altering drugs...

no problem, as long as the Iranian businessmen can test their employees for them

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Falafel. One of my favorite vegatarian meals. And I am NOT anything close to a vegetarian. When I was in Europe backpacking during my study abroad, I lived on falafel and kabab (the kind in the pita, not on a stick).

mmmmmm....
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Egypt, for the record... hates Iran. So does Turkey. I doubt they would do anything. Saudi Arabi definately doesn't want Iran having nukes and would definately not do anything, either.

Iranians are not arabs, and it's not an Arab country. The predominant language is Farci and they consider themselves to be Asian.

There you go getting your geography all arse-about-tit again.... What ever.

So why is the US so hung up about Iran potentially trying to get nukes (yet to be proven anyway) when other countries already have them? .

For once in a while, why dont they just mind their own fucking business. The sort of people that are impressed by this sort of thing are either too young to vote yet (or shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway)

'

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Slant drilling by the Kuwaits is certain to piss off the Iranians. Should the Iranians respond aggressively then certain countries will have achieved the pretext they are attempting to create. It’s like deja vu all over again …

Kuwait to explore part of the Dorra Gasfield
Nicosia | January 12, 2006 12:08:49 PM IST

Kuwaits Energy Ministry will proceed with the exploration of the undisputed part of the offshore Dorra gasfield in the Partitioned (Neutral) Zone.

The sovereignty of Dorrra gasfield, which is believed to have recoverable gas reserves amounting to approximately 7 trillion cu ft, is shared by Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Back in 2000 tension among the three states rose to dangerous levels, when Iran started drilling activity in an undelineated area. Two months later Saudi Arabia and Kuwait succeeded in reaching agreement in demarcating the maritime border between them. The agreement envisaged that the two countries will share oil and gas finds in the area.

Isa al-Aun, Undersecretary at the Kuwaiti Energy Ministry said that his Ministry has been given the go ahead for a joint exploration and development of the southern part of the Dorra gasfield. He added that in a few days they will invite tenders for 2D and 3D seismic surveys after which exploration will start. (ANI)

Source: http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=217220&n_date=20060112&cat=World

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

This Iran situation has some serious turd potential. The Chinese have a much better relationship with the Iranians than we do - perhaps they will exert some pressure upon them. The Iranian president is a true madman.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

There you go getting your geography all arse-about-tit again.... What ever.

So why is the US so hung up about Iran potentially trying to get nukes (yet to be proven anyway) when other countries already have them? .

For once in a while, why dont they just mind their own fucking business. The sort of people that are impressed by this sort of thing are either too young to vote yet (or shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway)
'

There you go with another inane post. :S

Egypt, for the record... hates Iran. So does Turkey. I doubt they would do anything. Saudi Arabi definately doesn't want Iran having nukes and would definately not do anything, either.

There's more to this story. Since around 600 AD when Islam came about, there've been oscillating periods of infighting and organized power in the ME. The last major power the world saw from the ME was the Ottoman Empire...which stopped being a major power around the time of the industrial revolution. So we are kinda overdue for another.

Shias have led such powers in the past...the Fatimids and Safavids come to mind.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?