funks

Child Molesting Priest Murdered in Prison

I am sorry he got killed yes. I do whenever a person gets killed, regardless of what they have done.

Bleeding hearts of this kind are a large part of the reason why the good people of society are forced to live with sick, violent criminals in their midst: "some people" actually object to things like victims killing their attackers in self defense. :S

I also think that the killer should be sought, tried and sentenced.

Yeah, let's give him "life in prison" a second time.

How fuckin' stupid is that?! :S

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

It is such a pleasure to see justice actually being served.

They should give the killer early parole for having done a community service.

That makes a fuck of a lot of sense. :S

Reward him for killing the guy you didn't like by letting a two-time murderer out of prison.

So he can kill your girlfriend, maybe? :S

Why don't you people THINK about this stuff? It is really becoming clear that you're NOT.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Why don't you people THINK about this stuff? It is really becoming clear that you're NOT

We are thinking about it. We happen to believe that anybody that harms a child deserves to die. No matter how it happens, when it happens, or under what circumstances, anyone that hurts, molests, takes advantage of, kills, maims, etc. a defenseless trusting child deserves to lose their life. They no longer have any right to be a part of any society. Be it our free society or the society that prisoners have created for themselves.

There is a reason child molesters and rapists dont survive in prison. They have commited crimes that even murderers believe to be unjust and deserving of suffering above and beyond what the courts system inflicts upon them.

You say you are sickened by what a lot of us support and believe in. Perhaps we should be the ones sickened by your belief that a child molester does not deserve to die.

There is a reason child molesters and rapists dont survive in prison. They have commited crimes that even murderers believe to be unjust...

Murderers lose their moral authority by virtue of being murderers. The idea that a murderer deserves to pass judgment on a molester is just plain laughable.

You say you are sickened by what a lot of us support and believe in. Perhaps we should be the ones sickened by your belief that a child molester does not deserve to die.

Hmm. So does that mean I deserve to die? :S

For what it's worth, I never said that child molesters didn't deserve to die. I have maintained that it is wrong for them to be murdered in prison by other prisoners. If they should die (and very possibly they should), they should be executed with the moral and legal authority of the People represented by the State.

There is no basis for separating the idea of a lifer in prison murdering this priest and someone on the outside murdering him after his release. Do you recognize that? Or are you just happy that some depraved killer in some prison will oblige and do your hypocritical bidding? It most certainly IS hypocritical -- that is not a personal attack. To be happy that someone else will do the murder you want done so that you don't have to do it yourself (be it because you don't have the balls to, or don't want to risk going to jail yourself) is pure hypocrisy.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Hmm. So does that mean I deserve to die?

That's a stretch there, Jeffrey.

There is no basis for separating the idea of a lifer in prison murdering this priest and someone on the outside murdering him after his release. Do you recognize that? Or are you just happy that some depraved killer in some prison will oblige and do your hypocritical bidding? It most certainly IS hypocritical -- that is not a personal attack. To be happy that someone else will do the murder you want done so that you don't have to do it yourself (be it because you don't have the balls to, or don't want to risk going to jail yourself) is pure hypocrisy.

If I saw a person molesting a child, I'd be the one behind bars as I would kill the person with no second thought. Do not assume that people are being hypocritical...you may be surprised.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

There is no basis for separating the idea of a lifer in prison murdering this priest and someone on the outside murdering him after his release. Do you recognize that?

Who ever separated this? I dont care how a child molester dies, as long as he dies. Plain and simple.

Or are you just happy that some depraved killer in some prison will oblige and do your hypocritical bidding?

I dont care who does it. Once again, all I care about is the child molester gets what he deserves.

To be happy that someone else will do the murder you want done so that you don't have to do it yourself (be it because you don't have the balls to, or don't want to risk going to jail yourself) is pure hypocrisy.

Once again, I dont care who does it. If a child molester's life ends by whatever means this world is a better place. You dont know me, how do you know I dont have the balls to do it?

In the old days of the mob--child abusers/molesters never lasted long in jail.

Right or wrong--I felt better:)

You're saying that extralegal prison killings of child molesters please you because you don't think the current legal sentences are harsh enough.

Well, where is the line drawn?

I am displeased by the weak sentences they give violent armed robbers. But I'm not in prison. Do I, too, get to kill anyone I feel was let off with too light a sentence, once he's out of jail (in my opinion, too soon)?

Or is extralegal execution a privilege we reserve only for murderers who are already in prison for life?

You are saying that vigilantism pleases you because the courts do not. There is no other way to call it. So where is the line drawn? Who gets to enact their own version of justice, and why (if you believe it to be the case) should killing child molesters be the exclusive purview of those who are in prison?

-Jeffrey

If you are convicted of child molestation, you are pretty-much going to face a big problem in prison--any prison.

We currently don't have special child molester prisons to protect them from the general prison population, and we probably won't bother.

Catch-22. You can't really do anything to say the government is murdering the child-killers by putting them in situations where it is well-known that their life is in immediate danger.

My biggest problem with Catholicism (and yes I'm a recouperating C) is unmarried priests. The Church was wrong to put this in place with the Celibacy Law (of 1139, jeez that is outdated) and it is still wrong today. Oh yeah, and several popes still had kids AFTER the law was passed.

Modern times have put a stress fracture on the Catholic Church. Many young men wanting to become priests are sexually confused. They believe the Church is their salvation (which is wrong) and will protect them from temptation (again, wrong). Of course, this fight between celibacy and temptation is constant with these guys, I wouldn't imagine some psychosis is involved with that.

The SOLE reason why this law is part of the Canon is that priests were willing away Church property to their descendants (wow, the Church gravely worried about money again... hmm a recurring theme?). To prevent this, married priests were frowned on and the pratice of allowing priests to marry was banished.

This is less scandalous than when the Church was selling indulgences, but with all the money the Church is losing because of these lawsuits... they could keep their priests up in mansions and not have to close down parishes. Shit... Peter was married!

-Recouperating Pragmatic Semi-Sorta Catholic :P

Holy hell, there is so many things wrong w/ your post I don't even know where to begin... ugh.

Sometimes, it's just not worth the effort. :(

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

If I saw a person molesting a child, I'd be the one behind bars as I would kill the person with no second thought.

I hope you don't have kids. Would it be a fair tradeoff to leave your kids to be raised without you, just to save a kid from an act of molestation? (Think about the fact that much molestation is repeat molestation, and realize that you might be leaving your kids for good just to stop an act that had been perpetrated on the kid dozens of times before.) Just because you felt such outrage that you couldn't control?

Do not assume that people are being hypocritical...you may be surprised.

Let's not confuse the issue any more than it has been already.
We are not talking about anyone interrupting a child rape. Rape, by the way, in most places meets the standard for applying deadly physical force to stop its commission.

We are talking about a prison inmate who murdered a man whose crime he did not witness.

How many people who have spoken here of the idea that the priest should be murdered would do his murder themselves -- NOT when happening on the molestation in flagrante delicto, but months or years after the fact, once the molester is released from prison? That's what we're talking about. You ought to compare apples to apples.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

There is no basis for separating the idea of a lifer in prison murdering this priest and someone on the outside murdering him after his release. Do you recognize that?

Who ever separated this? I dont care how a child molester dies, as long as he dies. Plain and simple.

My my my, what passion!

Why not do it yourself, then? Or are you just "all talk" about this issue?
Why, if you're so passionate about the need to kill child molesters, don't you travel the country seeking out registered sex-offender child molesters and murder them? They are easy to find, and getting easier. Just look them up online in the registries they are forced to sign up for. Easy as blintzes.

Really. Why not?
My suggestion is that you are hypocritical about it, and want it done only if someone else is gonna do it. Maybe you don't believe your own words. Maybe you just don't want to go to jail yourself. Maybe you think murder is a good thing, but people are damned for it, and you want to safeguard your own entry into heaven by making sure you don't murder anyone, even those who "deserve" it. (But, um, didn't God say that judgment like that is His purview alone?)

Once again, I dont care who does it. If a child molester's life ends by whatever means this world is a better place. You dont know me, how do you know I dont have the balls to do it?

Once again, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

I don't know you, and I don't know that you don't have the balls to do these murders. I might as well ask you, have you murdered any child molesters? Do you plan to? If not, what's stopping you? You said you don't care who does it. That would mean you are a candidate for the job.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

>in flagrante delicto

I love latin expressions. that one is great.

I love it in movies about demonic possession when the demon and the priest talk back and forth in latin. It's soooo cool!

Although, there must have been demons before latin came along. What did the demons and angels speak then?

(Everyone knows that they now speak English in heaven. I think hell has laid claim to Ebonics... :D )

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

I might as well ask you, have you murdered any child molesters? Do you plan to? If not, what's stopping you? You said you don't care who does it. That would mean you are a candidate for the job.

I have a child. That is whats stopping me. There is no hypocrisy taking place here. I am not saying one child molester deserves to die but some other one does not. Where is the hypocrisy? I think you need to look up the definition of a hypocrite prior to accusing one of acting in that manner.

edited to add: someone molests my child, it WILL take an act of god to stop me from killing them.

there is so many things wrong w/ your post

The undisputable historical fact is the Church added the celibacy law to protect their property. It had nothing to do with Christiantiy, and Jesus never told anybody that you couldn't spread His word if you also had the task of raising a family. Dude, it's just wrong. What's so ungodly about wanting a wife and kids? Nothing, that's what.

There are more priests over 70 than there are under 35. This wouldn't be the case if priests could marry. There are plenty of protestant ministers under the age of 40.

I don't think there's a sign on the front doors of the church that says "Pedophiles, Cum On In!" There's a ton of bad apples in there for a reason, and this seemes the most plausible cause.

The hypocrisy enters the situation with the admission that you think somebody must kill the molesters but you won't do it yourself.

It's a good job to do, but you're too good for the job.

If it's right and moral, why should it matter that you have a kid? Do it in a way that doesn't get you caught, then, if you don't want to be taken from your kid.

Me, I just think that you've lobbed yourself onto the bandwagon that feels it is "vogue" to be righteously indignant at anyone who harms a child.

I am just as pissed off when a 24-year-old woman is raped and strangled, or a 32-year-old man is robbed and shot, as I am when a kid is molested. Evil, harmful acts are more or less equivalent to me, when age difference is concerned. I don't devalue the life of a person just because he's over 18.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

there is so many things wrong w/ your post

The undisputable historical fact is the Church added the celibacy law to protect their property. It had nothing to do with Christiantiy, and Jesus never told anybody that you couldn't spread His word if you also had the task of raising a family. Dude, it's just wrong. What's so ungodly about wanting a wife and kids? Nothing, that's what.

There are more priests over 70 than there are under 35. This wouldn't be the case if priests could marry. There are plenty of protestant ministers under the age of 40.

I don't think there's a sign on the front doors of the church that says "Pedophiles, Cum On In!" There's a ton of bad apples in there for a reason, and this seemes the most plausible cause.

you're digging your hole ever deeper. keep on going, you'll end up in china.

according to your argument, you'd think marriage was mandatory and if one were to chose otherwise, they would be viewed w/ suspicion or worse.

go here and read...

http://www.catholic.com/library/celibacy_and_the_priesthood.asp

http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2001/0104sbs.asp

http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2001/0102fea5.asp

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Bzzt. Wrong.

I'm not digging any hole whatsoever. Period. I didn't apply mandatory marriage, either.

I'm saying the Church should get rid of a stupid law that prevents good people in the church from wanting to become priests. The Church of England allows priests or any level of clergy to marry, and you can get a pass from Rome to become a Catholic priest if you are already married and you are a priest from a split sect. Of course, when the wife kick the bucket, you can't remarry if you still want to be a priest.

Orthodox priests can be married, provided they were married before they were ordained.

Go read this:
http://www.catholic-ew.org.uk/faith/living/celibacy.htm

>Of course, when the wife kick the bucket, you can't remarry if you still want to be a priest.

and there is a REASON for that... when you can accurately explain the "why" behind that, then you'll come closer to understanding the celibacy of the catholic priesthood.

celibacy doesn't cause pedophilia, as you intimate. have a wife to "relieve the urge" or to have a "healthy sexual life" will not prevent pedophilia.

you demonstrate a fundamental ignorance of the very nature of pedophilia and you're using it as a stick to fustigate the Catholic church with.

fo'shame Mista James, fo'shame.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I hate getting into arguments in what Jesus said, but from your own text and from bible.org,

In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus states, "Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it" (19:12 NAB). This is an invitation from Christ to live as he did, and there can be nothing unacceptable in that.

Ok, translation from Aramaic not-withstanding and the narrarator's interpretation as support, this is NOT a mandatory edict from Jesus to not have a wife.

Further:

The fact that marriage is not the solution to pedophilia can be demonstrated by looking at the statistics. Per capita, Catholic priests do not have a higher incidence of pedophilia than do married clergymen. The reason why you don't hear as much about the other cases is because of the anti-Catholic bias that permeates the media.

Yeah, we all know Ted Turner is the Anti-christ and hates the Pope. Ok, let's move along that nasty little comment to...

The Vatican recently released a statement that said that the vocations crisis is ending. In a statement released on March 30, 2000, Catholic World News service reported from the Vatican: "The worldwide crisis of clerical vocations has ended, according to the prefect of the Vatican's Congregation for the Clergy."

Only because a lot of expensive parishes have shut and dioscese that were despereately in need of boundary changes have finally been reorged. The Church is still in a big money crisis thanks to all the lawsuits and reduced membership in the last 10 years.

I have the feeling that the Church is unwilling to get rid of the silly law because it would have to admit to err for the last one thousand years.

In support of your argument though... when priests could be married in the times of the bubonic plague, the Church did have trouble with priests willing Church property to their children. But during those times, both the Church and its priests were highly corrupt.

On a final note (and then I'm not arguing about this anymore)... thank goodness for the Catholic Church in the times before Martin Luther that it wasn't stupid enough to adopt celibacy everywhere... like these people.

Who knows if Protestantism would even exist had they did that.

The hypocrisy enters the situation with the admission that you think somebody must kill the molesters but you won't do it yourself.

It's a good job to do, but you're too good for the job.

If it's right and moral, why should it matter that you have a kid? Do it in a way that doesn't get you caught, then, if you don't want to be taken from your kid.

Illogical to assume that just because I want something done, but don't want to do it myself, that it should not be done. Poor arguement structure.

I think cars should be built, but have no desire to be the builder of cars; so does that mean cars should not be built?

If there is a need for something to be done (and I understand this as the matter of opinion here - as to whether or not there is a need for someone to carry out capital punishment), the task should be carried out by those professionals designated to do so. Just because I, or any other person who believes it should be carried out, don't want to performn the task personally, doesn't mean it should not be carried out.

I agree with you about treating all predators equally. Crimes against children do especially sicken me, but I'd be OK with executing all predators, regardless of the age of the person they preyed upon.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I am just as pissed off when a 24-year-old woman is raped and strangled, or a 32-year-old man is robbed and shot, as I am when a kid is molested.

I am no where near as pissed off in cases such as these. The victims in those cases can rationalize and perhaps understand what has happened and even if it makes no sense, they can possibly understand why it may have happened. Children do not have that luxury that us adults have.

Even though the long term effects may be similar for a woman that has been raped and a child that has been molested I still have more sympathy for the child.

Breaking it down, a woman that is being raped understands the act of sex and what is taking place. A child has no comprehension whatsoever.

It does not get any worse than taking advantage of a childs innocence.

Bleeding hearts of this kind are a large part of the reason why the good people of society are forced to live with sick, violent criminals in their midst

Really? Cause this "bleeding heart" doesn't want to kill them, but put them away for life? Quite the stretch....I think we might be back to the pausing and thinking before posting part.....

Yeah, let's give him "life in prison" a second time.

How fuckin' stupid is that?!

First of all, I don't know who the murderer is and what his current sentence is and wether he is eligable for parole at this point....do you?

Second, there is the option of moving him to solitary confinement as further punishment.

Like I said...back to the thinking before posting part.

---------------------

As a side note, I am getting the strong impression that your bloodlust is so strong that killing is your only answer to everything. It is kind of tireseome, but I guess also somewhat revealing.