funks

Child Molesting Priest Murdered in Prison

But it violates our founding principles of justice to be a bit too happy about it. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

He was found guilty.

In regards to the founding principles of Justice? As far as I am concerned the ultimate justice was served here.

But it violates our founding principles of justice to be a bit too happy about it. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

He was found guilty.

Yeah, and he was sentenced.

How would you feel if a kid was found with an eigth of weed on him, and given 90 days, and they just decided after the 90 days were up to just hold him for another 6 years? You'd say, "Hey! He was sentenced to only 3 months!"

I don't sympathize with pedophile priests. They disgust me. But some of you people have such huge gaps in your ethics you disgust me just as much.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

He was found guilty.

In regards to the founding principles of Justice? As far as I am concerned the ultimate justice was served here.

Guilty of a single count. Suspected of 150 others. If the latter is the justification to turn 10 years into death, there is my point.

Main problem is that other prisoners are hardly qualified to act as a judge for other people's crimes. The priest was surving a 10 year sentence, not a death row one. And we know very well there have been false accusations before, as retribution against teachers.

Good point. I think it's funny that people will say that it's okay for some scumbag already-murderer to beat and strangle to death a priest who was duly sentenced by a court of law to something other than death... I wonder how many of those people oppose the death penalty because it can never be retracted in the case where someone was convicted mistakenly.

Given the circumstances, the death penalty seems appropriate for the killer. There's no doubt of guilt on his side. Just a weak pysch defense, and a prior history of trying to use that angle. Nevermind proof that keeping him behind bars isn't preventing him from killing more people.

You're trying to get death penalty opponents to see this rationally and with real-world practicality? :D

Good luck!

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

[reply
How would you feel if a kid was found with an eigth of weed on him-Jeffrey

Not to hi-jack this thread, but you cannot equate the two as one is highly open to debate as to its merits and the other is not.
My belief is that harming a child in this manner is worthy of life with no parole in a rock yard. What happens, happens in a prison and they should be reserved for these types of people. Not a kid with a bag of buds.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

There you go again, expressing explicit support for the notion of CRIMINALS in prison taking it upon themselves to conduct extralegal executions of those other inmates you don't like.

Does it not bother you that you are aligning yourself with those who commit murder? Just so that you can get the satisfaction you desire regarding harsh punishment for child molesters?

Your beliefs in this matter truly disgust me.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Not saying it's right, but just as a white-collar embezzeler knows he's being sent to Federal pound-me-in-the-butt prison, so a child molester (and juries and judges and wardens and guards) knows that any jail time may be a death sentence.

Wow. Is that how you want the prison system to be? You say, "Not saying it's right..." but it's pretty clear you cheer the idea of it.

If juries and judges and wardens and guards send ANYONE to prison knowing/believing that the person is headed for an extra-legal execution at some unspecified time into his prison term, then they all should be convicted of malfeasance and imprisoned as well (possibly to be executed by other inmates, themselves, I guess).

What you're saying is that you wish our penal system were run like they are in third world countries.

-Jeffrey

Dude, for one second just read what I wrote and take it at face-value.

What I'm saying is that it simply is reality that even among the worst criminals, molesters are at the bottom and often not tolerated. The fact that he was a priest makes it worse within that 'system'.

I'm saying that this is common enough knowledge - a possibility of which the priest himself and all involved in his sentencing would have been aware. I'm not saying they sentenced him to death, just that it shouldn't come as a shock that he was eliminated.

I don't want it to work that way - it just does.
But am I sorry a pedophile priest won't be paroled to see the sun or another child's face? Nope.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Nothing like the feeling of revenge and some bloodlust to keep some people happy around here....

OK, now that you've judged us, how do you feel about a convicted child molester being taken out by a convicted killer in prison? Are you sorry it happened? Do you think we should kill the killer too?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Most likely to sing kumbaya, hold hands, and cry for the lost soul!.

I have no empathy for the life lost, except for the children.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

OK, now that you've judged us

Guess you felt compelled to label yourself under the "some people" category.

Are you sorry it happened? Do you think we should kill the killer too?

I am sorry he got killed yes. I do whenever a person gets killed, regardless of what they have done.

I also think that the killer should be sought, tried and sentenced.

Lastly, I think that for a pedophile priest living in prison is much bigger punishment then being dead. But that is because I believe there is nothing after death, so I won't be expecting any further punishment for him in the "afterlife".

OK, now that you've judged us

Guess you felt compelled to label yourself under the "some people" category.

Are you sorry it happened? Do you think we should kill the killer too?

I am sorry he got killed yes. I do whenever a person gets killed, regardless of what they have done.

I also think that the killer should be sought, tried and sentenced.

Lastly, I think that for a pedophile priest living in prison is much bigger punishment then being dead. But that is because I believe there is nothing after death, so I won't be expecting any further punishment for him in the "afterlife".

I was referring to the people posting in this thread as "us." Just because I don't include myself among the vengeful or bloodlustful doesn't mean I wasn't judged too. :P

So you are sorry he's dead, and seem to regret all deaths at the hands of mankind. However, considering you think there's nothing after death and that prison was a much worse punishment, don't you think he got off easy?

Wouldn't serving the full term of his sentence have been greater atonement? Do you think it would have rehabilitated him or do you think he would just go forth on parole to be true to his nature? Should the killer (who does not need to be sought) be killed for his crime?

I'm not sorry at all that this person is no longer of the earth. And I think his punishment now is much worse than prison.

I'd like to shake the guys hand, but don't know if I want to get that close. Sure is handy when one scum gets rid of another - saves decent citizens from the task.

If I were to have posted seriously to the Worst Crimes thread, crimes against people would be #1. Subcategory A - crimes against children. Basically, what bothers me most is the level of defenselessness (?) of the victim.

Maybe what I am feeling is a hate for predators. People who prey on other people should just be fucking exterminated. They are human in physical form only and do not deserve the rights afforded to the decent, peaceful, responsible portion of our population.

I truly believe that anyone who thinks the BTK killer shouldn't be summarily executed hasn't got their head on quite right. When a person makes the decision to prey on fellow humans, they give up ALL rights. Their membership in society is cancelled; and since there is no good reason to waste any more resources on them than at all possible - they need to be put down like the rabid animal they are. Period.

Any attempt to justify keeping such a person alive is a sign of weakness - both of the individual and of the society.

My - I feel so much better now!

don b - dispensing wisdom wherever the truth, and capital punishment, are not suppressed.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

So you are sorry he's dead, and seem to regret all deaths at the hands of mankind. However, considering you think there's nothing after death and that prison was a much worse punishment, don't you think he got off easy?

death is easy, better, compared to 10 years in prison?

I have no idea how to ask you how this makes sense to you- WTF?!

However, considering you think there's nothing after death and that prison was a much worse punishment, don't you think he got off easy?

Yes I do.

Wouldn't serving the full term of his sentence have been greater atonement?

Yes

Do you think it would have rehabilitated him or do you think he would just go forth on parole to be true to his nature?

Don't know. It would seem that many pedophiles are recidivists. In that case, life in prison or chemical castration might be an option.

Should the killer (who does not need to be sought) be killed for his crime?

Nope, but when convicted a more severe punishment than currently serving would be in order.

It is such a pleasure to see justice actually being served.

They should give the killer early parole for having done a community service.

My only regret is that strangulation sounds a little too easy. It would have been nice if the killer had had the opportunity to take his time and make that subhuman filth scream in agony.

Oh well, score one for the goodguys. Hope that preist gets special attention in hell.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

dude, i've agreed w/ your posts. they make a lot of sense here.

chemical castration is definitely just, in my opinion. a derivitive of depo provera has been used w/ success in europe I think.

as for the others here who are revelling in the death of this depraved, sick crimal, you're not much better than the murderer himself.

granted, if someone molested my children, i'd really struggle w/ not wanting to kill them myself, but I'd fight against it, knowing that such a desire is not just, not right.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

If its true, I understand why he did it.
Does life mean life over there? If it does then what has he got to lose, hes already serving a life sentance.

Life only means life if it's life w/o the possibility of parole. If it's just life, then you can guestimate about when someone could get out based on the practice of reducing years for good behavior, etc.

Some judges put an extra tweak on the sentencing (like serving 99 years) in order to make sure parole is a far, far possibility.

He was found guilty.

Yeah, and he was sentenced.

How would you feel if a kid was found with an eigth of weed on him, and given 90 days, and they just decided after the 90 days were up to just hold him for another 6 years? You'd say, "Hey! He was sentenced to only 3 months!"

I don't sympathize with pedophile priests. They disgust me. But some of you people have such huge gaps in your ethics you disgust me just as much.

-Jeffrey

My friend Gary was caught with a tiny fraction of an 8-ball 3 weeks before Turkey Day, 2004. He has yet to know when his court date is. He is still in jail now. He can continue to sit in jail for another 2 years before a trail.

Better not get caught with dope in Guadalupe County, fo sho. They throw the book at ya.

I didn't know he was using, but his roomate did and told him to stop. He didn't. He's getting punished royally for it. But, hey that's life isn't it?

My biggest problem with Catholicism (and yes I'm a recouperating C) is unmarried priests. The Church was wrong to put this in place with the Celibacy Law (of 1139, jeez that is outdated) and it is still wrong today. Oh yeah, and several popes still had kids AFTER the law was passed.

Modern times have put a stress fracture on the Catholic Church. Many young men wanting to become priests are sexually confused. They believe the Church is their salvation (which is wrong) and will protect them from temptation (again, wrong). Of course, this fight between celibacy and temptation is constant with these guys, I wouldn't imagine some psychosis is involved with that.

The SOLE reason why this law is part of the Canon is that priests were willing away Church property to their descendants (wow, the Church gravely worried about money again... hmm a recurring theme?). To prevent this, married priests were frowned on and the pratice of allowing priests to marry was banished.

This is less scandalous than when the Church was selling indulgences, but with all the money the Church is losing because of these lawsuits... they could keep their priests up in mansions and not have to close down parishes. Shit... Peter was married!

-Recouperating Pragmatic Semi-Sorta Catholic :P

In the old days of the mob--child abusers/molesters never lasted long in jail.

Right or wrong--I felt better:)

You're saying that extralegal prison killings of child molesters please you because you don't think the current legal sentences are harsh enough.

Well, where is the line drawn?

I am displeased by the weak sentences they give violent armed robbers. But I'm not in prison. Do I, too, get to kill anyone I feel was let off with too light a sentence, once he's out of jail (in my opinion, too soon)?

Or is extralegal execution a privilege we reserve only for murderers who are already in prison for life?

You are saying that vigilantism pleases you because the courts do not. There is no other way to call it. So where is the line drawn? Who gets to enact their own version of justice, and why (if you believe it to be the case) should killing child molesters be the exclusive purview of those who are in prison?

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey