blakeburwell

I-44 infinity, smallest, lightest reserve fit??

I have an infinity I-44 and i wish i had gone smaller when i ordered the container last year but i am wondering what the smallest, lightest weight reserve i can safely put in that reserve packing tray.....i say smallest and lightest but i mean lightest really.....just when i say lightest people start thinking about a large reserve that is light weight and so packs down to fit this tray, the most material for the least weight is not my goal, literally what reserve of the smallest and lightest size that would fit this reserve, so that the end weight is the lowest......hope I'm not confusing you and myself, ha

I've packed the PD Optimum 193 and the Aerodyne Smart LPV 190 into I-44's with good results. Both of those are low pack volume, lighter weight canopies.

I've also packed plenty of 170-ish F-111 reserves into that container. The smallest receive I have packed into an I-44 with good results is a PR 160.

jcbfly

I've packed the PD Optimum 193 and the Aerodyne Smart LPV 190 into I-44's with good results. Both of those are low pack volume, lighter weight canopies.

I've also packed plenty of 170-ish F-111 reserves into that container. The smallest receive I have packed into an I-44 with good results is a PR 160.

Which of these is the lightest in weight???

If you have a bad back I'd think you want the biggest safest reserve you can get. Invest in lighter weight clothing instead, a jeans and shoes weigh 3lbs - 5lbs each, your AAD is 2lbs+, whole rig is 23 - 25 lbs, canopy to canopy is going to be less than a pound.