Gary73

Tempo Age?

PISA got absorbed into Zodiac. Hard to get an answer out of a big operation like that. (Their submit-a-question web page has about a dozen mandatory information fields.) Figured someone here would know off the top of their head. No, it doesn't matter that much; I just want to document it correctly.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Propaganda!
When I worked at Square One, sales people bad-mouthed Tempos and Dolphins because they sold for such low prices that their commission was insignificant.
I have never noticed any defects of workmanship on any canopy sewn by Parachute Industries of South Africa. I have only seen frayed cross-ports on one small Tempo ... but was owned by a guy who loaded it at least 2 pounds per square foot and had deployed it a half-dozen times!

As for built-in turns .... I have only heard that from one student. Mind you he complained of an unusual turn on a Manta 280 main canopy a few seconds earlier. After he landed, we noticed his unusual harness adjustment method: one long MLW and he other MLW adjusted to the correct length for his torso.
Hah!
Hah!

please contact the manufacturer PISA or whatever it was eaten by nowadays and ask them directly.
This is what the german rigging association did, receiving a 20 year lifetime confirmation.
Consequently, all Tempos older than 20 years get grounded in Germany and most parts of Europe, that care enough to ask.

There are no rules in Germany that impose ANY lifetime limit on skydiving equipment in general so if not for the manufacturers guidelines there would be no reason to ground anything just because it's old.

Not really sure about it but I might recall a discussion on here regarding retroactively applied lifetime limits by manufacturers and how that does or does not affect rigging practise in the US/CA. So what a producer has to say about his products after a couple of years might not even be of interest to you over there or if this even was a retroactively anounced lifetime limit in the first place.

The last manual I've seen didn't contain any information regarding a lifetime limit, that's why I asked the vp of the german rigging association and he confirmed the 20y ltl. But I understand, nothing is official without something official and so I just sent an Email to them with the request to clarify why hundreds of Tempos got and will get grounded here in Germany after 20 years.

They might be visiting the PIA right now so I don't expect their answer tomorrow morning but when I have it I'll make sure to post it on here and we'll see from there.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

aha ...no...

We don't, period.

the greatest achivements of Austria are, that the world regards Hitler as a german and Mozart als austrian.
Austria 20 year lifetime limit on everything, Germany nothing.
Please don't mix us up, no good has ever come from that.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Pobrause

aha ...no...

We don't, period.

the greatest achivements of Austria are, that the world regards Hitler as a german and Mozart als austrian.
Austria 20 year lifetime limit on everything, Germany nothing.
Please don't mix us up, no good has ever come from that.

Let's see some documents. So far you've made a lot of statements - back them up please.