BillyVance

Traveler sues after her joke goes awry

I think we shall agree to disagree, but working from a security point of view, its better to be over the top than let people slip the net who shouldnt

complete and utter bullshit..

obviously you misunderstand what it means to be an American..

why not just admit you prefer a facist state?

I think we shall agree to disagree, but working from a security point of view, its better to be over the top than let people slip the net who shouldnt

It's better to go ahead and kill all the Jews right now. You just don't ever know what they're going to be up to next. Jews also make good lawn fertilizer, too.

Your assertion is that plastic wrap is used to seal the smell. That's false. It does not do anything about the smell.

I know more than you might imagine about drug-smuggling counter-intelligence. Some years back, although not so much now, drugs were brought into this country with shipments of reptiles. Two of my close friends at that time were a US Fish and Wildlife agent and a Customs agent (not an inspector, but an agent) who dealt with drug smuggling issues all the time. And I was a collector of reptiles who occasionally did rehab for abandoned shipments, as well as other things.

Are you a drug smuggler or a law enforcement officer?

rl

LOL, it is funny how you ignore "coffee beans and plastic wrap", and then go off tangent with "most smuggling is done with the use of reptiles.".

I have been a military police for a while, including in between the border of Venezuela and Colombia.

What you know or relay as trend, simple does not fit reality. Sure, a lot of things have been used, anything you can think of, but in trends the majority of it is a combination of plastic wrap and something to help dissipate the smell, such as coffee beans, lime peel, orange peel, gasoline, kerosene, etc.

However I think you will miss the point, and make this a pissing contest.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Probably because I'm not American. I dont think Id want to be if you expect to do as you please without a question ever be asked. I dont mind a little bit of invasion of privacy (A LITTLE BIT!) if it means a safer place. Im all for ID cards etc

So is this like..."it would be better to put an innocent man to death than to have ten guilty men go free"?

rl

Is that what I said? Hmm, not really. Putting someone to death is slightly different than detaining someone to ask a few questions or run a few tests.

I could come up with an extreme example for any argument proving that what someones saying is incorrect, but it wouldnt give any credibility to it.

Someone else said... kill all the Jews.. *sigh*
What the fuck has this got to do with genocide?

LOL, it is funny how you ignore "coffee beans and plastic wrap", and then go off tangent with "most smuggling is done with the use of reptiles.".

I didn't say anything that remotely resembles "most smuggling is done with the use of reptiles."

Your first link didn't mention coffee grounds, and I cannot fathom that you expected me to read all the articles from the google search page you provided. :S

Alex mentioned gasoline and coffee grounds, but you didn't connect a single dot.

But let's go with that theory: Some people use plastic wrap plus something malodorous to help mask the smell of the drugs.

I guess I missed the part where our hapless traveler was carrying lime peel, orange peel, gasoline, kerosene or coffee grounds in her luggage with her flour and condoms.

You're right. I don't get it.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

So is this like..."it would be better to put an innocent man to death than to have ten guilty men go free"?

rl

Is that what I said? Hmm, not really. Putting someone to death is slightly different than detaining someone to ask a few questions or run a few tests.

You're right, my example was extreme. But the girl wasn't just detained for a few questions or a few tests. She was jailed for three weeks because she had flour in some condoms.

That's extreme too.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

rl

I could come up with an extreme example for any argument proving that what someones saying is incorrect, but it wouldnt give any credibility to it.

Someone else said... kill all the Jews.. *sigh*
What the fuck has this got to do with genocide?

Go read the history of Nazi Germany and how they came about in power.

A little bit of privacy now. Tomorrow it's just a little more.

You yourself have directly compared a girl with flour in condom, as a homemmade anti-stress device, to flashing lights at a cop, laying down in front of a cop car, and taking an actual (albeit deactivated) gun into a plane, so don't go talking about good comparisons. Detaining someone for three weeks to run some tests isn't trivial.
This ad space for sale.

Your first link didn't mention coffee grounds, and I cannot fathom that you expected me to read all the articles from the google search page you provided. :S

But of course, someone with a slanted opinion will use not reading a whole post before jumping the guns.

From my own post (269 on this thread):
"I would advice you to do a little bit of a search, and you will be surprised on how often coffee beans, and tight wrapped plastic is used by mules..."

Maybe you want to be more careful when responding a thread, by reading it first.

Alex mentioned gasoline and coffee grounds, but you didn't connect a single dot.

Again this is your opinion, as you did not read the post.

I guess I missed the part where our hapless traveler was carrying lime peel, orange peel, gasoline, kerosene or coffee grounds in her luggage with her flour and condoms.

Bits and pieces will suffice, Kerosene will only need to be applied with a rag on the plastic, it is not hard to use a little bit of imagination.:|

You're right. I don't get it.

Reading the post in its entirety will help.:S
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Bits and pieces will suffice, Kerosene will only need to be applied with a rag on the plastic, it is not hard to use a little bit of imagination.

I think we can be pretty sure that the condom had not been rubbed with kerosene, coffe grounds, womens cum or anything else...it is utterly pointless tot his conversation.

Further, she wasn't stopped on the columbian border (which certainly will see a far larger share of attempted smuggling) but in luggage in a Philly airport.....

How you can even draw a comparison completely boggles my mind.

From my own post (269 on this thread):
"I would advice you to do a little bit of a search, and you will be surprised on how often coffee beans, and tight wrapped plastic is used by mules..."

You're right. I missed this the second time around when I reread it to respond to your last post. I was looking at the links instead.

That does not change the fact that our hapless traveler was NOT carrying lime peel, orange peel, gasoline, kerosene or coffee grounds in her luggage with her flour and condoms.

Bits and pieces will suffice, Kerosene will only need to be applied with a rag on the plastic, it is not hard to use a little bit of imagination.:|

There were no bits and pieces. There was no kerosene. She had flour in condoms. No drugs.

Imagining these things will not make them appear.

rl

It boogles your mind? Well, I don't know much about Columbia,Colombia in the other hand is very heavy on drug smuggling.

However, based on the facts at the traveler subject of this thread, she was:

A) Traveling in an airport (a premise where you will find is very well known for searching your belongings)
B) Had a very suspicious package. (If she had the flour on the original packaged will also have arise suspicion).
C) Those packages were within the guidelines that will have required further investigation by law enforcement/security etc.

The problem when you go off a tangent and say "that is unacceptable, because no one smuggles drugs wrapped in plastic" is that you will not be able to understand that wrapping flour in condoms, and put them in your luggage, before taking a flight, is generally a bad idea.

RL, the links were just FYI.

As plastic wrapping is commonplace with drug smuggling.

Condoms aren't plastic. There were no coffee grounds.

rl

Maybe you need to see the definition of what plastic means. Is it just me that thinks you jump the gun in whatever I say and come up with surreal explanations?:S

See, most condoms are made of polyurethane or latex. In the very early days they were made of actual cloth. (yikes).

Seriously, you should drop the coffee beans, as it was only intended for your information. Bottom line the packages were suspicious.:S

I'm done with this thread.

RL, the links were just FYI.

As plastic wrapping is commonplace with drug smuggling.

Condoms aren't plastic. There were no coffee grounds.

rl

Maybe you need to see the definition of what plastic means. .

Steel, brass and aluminum are all capable of being plastic according to the strict scientific definition of "plastic".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Thankfully I live in a country where I am free to transport flour in any way thta I want, without having to worry that I will spend three weeks in jail.

Can't imagine living in a police state like that.

But can you transport condoms any way that you want? In some US states condoms were illegal until 1965!

Ok professor, answer me this question then. Are condoms plastic?

"Plastic" has several definitions, pretty open ended question

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Ok professor, answer me this question then. Are condoms plastic?

yes and no.

Wow. Apparently Kallend has attended law school. Who’d a thunk it?

No, just been an expert witness a bunch of times. I always wash after contact with lawyers, though.:P

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!