Batchelor412

Mirage Rigs

Hey folks. I just bought a Mirage M5 with a 189 safire2 and 181 Super Raven. All used except the AAD but is super clean and looks great with less than 50 jumps. The container was manufactured February 1999 and the serial number is 01988. Is this a G2 or G3? It does not say.
Kyle Batchelor

Contacting Mirage is the most useful thing you can do, they will be able to tell you exactly because they know their serial numbers.
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

Mirage made some rigs with tuck tab riser covers, that look, feel and pack like G3s, before the product name "G3" came into use. There are probably some differences that are not super obvious, between those and the actual G3...

I don't think there is such thing as a Mirage G2. OP, I'd say that if yours doesn't specifically say G3 somewhere on it, you just have a plain old Mirage, without the fancy name, but with all the functionality...

Congrats on your new/used gear!