leonanderson

Cypres Maintenance Question

I have an Expert Cypres 2 that was purchased in April 2009. It has only been turned on and used a few times over the past seven years and has never been sent in for maintenance. I am just now getting back to jumping after a long time off. Is it now too old to use safely?
Thanks to anyone who can advise me on this. (I'll also check with a rigger and SSK).

leonanderson

I have an Expert Cypres 2 that was purchased in April 2009. It has only been turned on and used a few times over the past seven years and has never been sent in for maintenance. I am just now getting back to jumping after a long time off. Is it now too old to use safely?
Thanks to anyone who can advise me on this. (I'll also check with a rigger and SSK).

The safety of this is not relevant or even judgeable here. What I can say is that the manufacturer requires that they be serviced every four years plus or minus 6 months. If this service is not carried out no rigger is allowed or would be willing to repack your reserve with the CYPRES installed.

The worst part of your situation is that it is overdue for the 4 year service, but not yet due for the eight year. That means if you want to use it you must have it serviced now and then again a year later when the eight year service is due. All service times are from the DOM. It does not matter how much it has been used. After 12 years plus six months it will be out of date completely and no longer serviceable.

This is the Airtec system.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

It is not mandatory anymore.
CYPRES Maintenance turns from mandatory to highly recommended
After 25 years of experience and continuous product improvement Airtec uses its possibility
to change the maintenance for new CYPRES from “mandatory“ to “highly recommended“.
For background, circumstances and concrete decision please read the following text.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

BKR

It is not mandatory anymore.
CYPRES Maintenance turns from mandatory to highly recommended
After 25 years of experience and continuous product improvement Airtec uses its possibility
to change the maintenance for new CYPRES from “mandatory“ to “highly recommended“.
For background, circumstances and concrete decision please read the following text.

This is only true for units made after Jan.1 2016. It will be of no help to the OP. Please read the bulletin from Airtec linked here for clarification.

http://www.sskinc.com/images/Res/images/2016-04_maintenance_information.pdf
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Crispy.

He's in the window for the 8 year service now. Purchased (although not necessarily manufactured) in April 2009, means he is 7 years 9 months past his purchase date.

Your are correct. I did the math wrong because my brain is still stuck in 2016!