simplyputsi

McDonald's strip search

Bill, please tell me you are kidding.

I was just posting in reply to the person that couldn't understand why the gal did what she was told to do. She's young, scared, and trying to help her mother out. I would guess that she thought that if she just did one more thing they asked, then it would be over. But it wasn't, and she got scared. I don't think her continuing to do what she was told makes her stupid. It just makes her scared.

I agree. Young,uneducated,scared,poor and vulnerable probably describe this poor girl. Sounds like she has been abused.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I agree. Young,uneducated,scared,poor and vulnerable probably describe this poor girl. Sounds like she has been abused.

We know for a fact that she was abused in that office. We don't know if she was before that. We also don't know if she is uneducated or poor.

IMO, the way she was described in the article she seemed like a nice young lady. Willing to work extra shifts to help her mom out.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

We know for a fact that she was abused in that office. We don't know if she was before that. We also don't know if she is uneducated or poor.

IMO, the way she was described in the article she seemed like a nice young lady. Willing to work extra shifts to help her mom out.

You are correct. I was using feelings or thinking rather than the plain facts; one of my failings.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

There is a saying: Against stupidity the Gods themselves contend in vain!

Many years ago i thought I had seen everthing, since then I learned that I aint seen nothing yet. All I can do in a case like this is shake my head
*Disclaimer*
The views expressed in the above post may or may not be the result of drunkeness or temporary insanity and should only rarely be construed as the views of the poster himself

Bill, please tell me you are kidding.

Actually, I don't have any idea what type of kid she is (and I do tend to give the benefit of the doubt, so that posting was just a scenario)

In no cent
or
In on it

either way, she just won the lottery
either way, the manager and her boyfriend are complete asses

If not in on it, that poor girl was clearly abused in a terrible calculated way.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I still insist, though I can't prove it - that careful planning by a group of idiots took place. They picked out the victim, place/time (offered overtime to the desperate), and viola - success...'cept the dumbasses forgot there was video.

How does that account for the prison guard half way across the country?

either way, she just won the lottery

How can you say that? Obviously you do not have a daughter. It would kill me to know if my kid went through that! Her face has been all over the news. Everyone knows what has happened to her and some will shame her for not fighting and complying with that jerk that RAPED her.

Damn...no way this can be compared to winning the lottery.

is

If not in on it, that poor girl was clearly abused in a terrible calculated way.

I think the last part of your sentence is correct. I don't see how she could be in on it though. They traced the call back to some guy in flordia or something. Now he actually made this call. Now it's just my opinion but if the girl was in on it then I would think the other 3 would have turned on her by now. See if they say she was in on it all the charges against them go out the window, cept maybe a few here and there. Of course any money to come from the situation would be gone. However the 3 are not really looking at any money now are they, only the girl. She gets any money and they go to jail, how are they gonna use any money they have agreed to split from jail. They would be in for enough time for the girl to basically dissapear and they would never be able to find her.
So yes one can think for a second that she might be in on it, but then start to dissect it and it just doesn't make sense. That is just my opinion though.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Damn...no way this can be compared to winning the lottery.

take your emotion out of it and separate the terrible thing done to her, the terrible things that will follow, and the followup lawsuits against McD's that will follow - it's just a scenario - cool your jets

Frankly, I think it's sad that you equate "winning the lottery" (getting a lot of money, no more no less) with overall happiness that you'd confuse her potential state of mind with simple dollars and cents. Money doesn't equal happiness.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

That is just my opinion though.

It's a good opinion and one I agree with. But HYPOTHETICALLY (for the hothead outrage knee jerk types out there) the manager and her asshole (er boyfriend) might have thought they could get away with it by blaming the outside call. And if they turn her in now, no one wins anything - they could always blackmail her later for her part of her civil suit winnings once they get out.

That is just my opinion though.

....they could always blackmail her later for her part of her civil suit winnings once they get out.

Sure, but you are looking at like 5-20 years for these people. Hopefully more on the 20 side. By then I just don't see how they track her down, and even if they do you've got covicted felons word against abused victim.
You can say the two in the restaurant had a plan, but then why do you need the person on the phone, just fake it. I guess giving the phone to the janitor helps your case, because he then exposes what is going on which I guess is what you want. It's possible the fuckers forgot about the video, but I doubt it since the monitors were in the room. I think it happened as the story says, phone call, 2 fucking morons, helpless girl, smart janitor.
Skymama's #2 stalker -