greensha

Can anyone use my old rig?

My wife and I were cleaning out closets this morning and I found my old skydiving rig. The last time it was jumped was in the Summer of 1996. It's a Vector V5 with a Sabre 135 and PD reserve (I think). It still looks good although it smells a bit funny! It doesn't smell moldy; maybe it smells like skydiving and I've just forgotten what that smells like.

Anyway... I was going to throw it out, but I thought I would check to see if it is still of any use. I've not unpacked it so I have no idea what shape the canopies are in.

Thoughts?

Sabre 135s are still in some demand because wingsuiters like them. It's value depends on condition. PD reserves from '96 are still the same as the ones they sell now and it's worth a minimum of $300.

Vector V5 is not worth much now.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

JerryBaumchen

Hi greensha,

It's a Vector V5 with a Sabre 135

I know that is has been some time, but did it pack loose with that 135 in it? A V-5 should take up to a 170 canopy.

Jerry Baumchen

I maybe be mistaken about it being a V-5. It's been a while and I think the V-5 may have been the rig I jumped before I bought this one. I don't recall the main packing loose.

greensha

My wife and I were cleaning out closets this morning and I found my old skydiving rig. The last time it was jumped was in the Summer of 1996. It's a Vector V5 with a Sabre 135 and PD reserve (I think). It still looks good although it smells a bit funny! It doesn't smell moldy; maybe it smells like skydiving and I've just forgotten what that smells like.

Anyway... I was going to throw it out, but I thought I would check to see if it is still of any use. I've not unpacked it so I have no idea what shape the canopies are in.

Thoughts?

I'll give ya $500 for everything
I am on of those wing suites that likes that canopy and I assume the reserve is still good
BASE 1519