keithbar

Tan vectran line 750 lb ?

I have a crossfire 2 with the stock vectran line set. i'm sure it doesn't need a complete new line set yet .but I definitely need to replace the control lines I see some wear around the cats eyes for the break settings that is concerning me .my rigger doesn't have any . Who wants to sell me a few dozen yards .:)
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I build probably 10 sets a month. Betzilla has already mentioned the right material to use. They're easy to build if you know what you're doing but I've developed cut sheets for the job.

You do need to compensate properly for the finger trapping of each part. Depending on the skills and equipment of your rigger you may want to go with the pre-fab ones from icarus.

-Michael

Thanks for the replies guys I think what I need is a full set of control lines both the upper and lower control lines .most of the wear I see is on the tiny loop at the bottom of the upper control lines that come down from the Cascades The cat's-eye loop is made through the smaller loop I assume ? the cat's-eye has some wear. But the loop at the bottom of the upper control lines has the most where that is concerning me doesn't vectran have a rep for breaking without showing a lot of wear ?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

If you want to send a pic to me at [email protected], I'd be happy to take a look at the wear that's making you nervous, and tell you whether I share your worry...

So... you need the single, 'fat' steering line, all the way from where it joins the uppers? Or just the part that runs from the brake setting loop to the toggle? Or everything from the canopy down? Or just the uppers? I'm confused, haha

IMO, if it's just brake-to-toggle, almost any rigger can manage that as long as she has a zig-zag machine and a tape measure. More than that, and it's a little more time-consuming than it's worth to try to build them yourself, UNLESS you have a love of process (because it is really fun to reverse-engineer something and have it turn out perfect!).

When I worked for the service center, prices were $70 for a complete set of steering lines (canopy to toggle) and $40 for Lower Control lines. Almost nobody ordered just brake-to-toggle lines, so I can't recall what we charged - probably $10. This was all several years ago, so prices may have risen a bit since then.