rhys

i'm NOT christian... and proud of it!!!

Our planet and fellow beings are suffering at an alarming and increasing rate and it seems to be no concern to christians because they have the light at the end of the tunnel.

Christianity is a fairytale, open your eyes fools!

So, what really have you done for your fellow humans in suffering. As an agnostic or atheist?

We all have the same things to look at. The same things to worry about. Want to help your fellow humans? Maybe the little ones? Try throwing some duckets thier way....contribute to the 48 million this group uses to assist others.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/search.summary/orgid/4759.htm

or maybe these people

http://partners.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport=1&partner=networkforgood&ein=95-1922279

http://www.worldvision.org

and do not foget these ruthless, non caring Christians....greed greed greed

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_usn.nsf/vw-dynamic-index/85256DDC007274DF85256B76006FA193?openDocument

and if you would have enlightened yourself a bit about what is really happening, you might have come across a organization like this....

http://www.christian-ecology.org.uk/

so...what was your point again?

Carpe Diem

>have you gotten to know everyone out there who is a REAL
>Christian? I for one know you haven't, because I've never met you.

That's the problem, isn't it? You have decided that you are a 'real' christian, and other christians aren't real. I have no doubt that you are a very devout and pious person, but you're not as dedicated to the church as some brothers, nuns and priests I have known. So are they more 'real' than you? They're certainly more dedicated.

Then there are the people on here who disagree with you and claim that their version is correct. One guy on here claims that if you can't read the clear biblical message that the world is about to end, you're blind to the message of the bible. Does that make you less of a christian than he? If the world really doesn't end by 2011, do you regain the title of holier than thou?

The only sane answer is that being a 'real' christian has about as much meaning as being a 'real' hero. If you think you're a hero, and people you know agree with you, great. If you think you're a real christian, and other people agree with you, again, whatever makes you happy. But realize that there are people more and less holy than you are, more and less dedicated to the church, more and less educated about the church than you are - and none of that means that you're better or worse (or more or less right) than they are. Faith is a personal matter, and the only real measure of how well someone's faith works for them is the comfort it gives them. If your faith comforts you and gives your life direction then it is as real as it needs to be.

I'm not a Christian, but I'm not proud of it. Pride in one's belief or or disbelief in God seems silly.

Most of the conflict on this planet is due to religon.

I disagree. Most of the conflict on this planet is due to greed, power, etc.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I'm not a Christian, but I'm not proud of it. Pride in one's belief or or disbelief in God seems silly.

Yeah, not very humble before God is it? [:/]

man, here we go again.:o:o

4.536786883454*e^45

btw, can I say, after getting a better look at your avatar on mySpace, that is a sweet fucking costume. You make Duff man look pretty damn attractive. :)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I think it is silly to attribute what we don't understand to an invisible being, rather then accepting the fact that we don't understand everything. It is better to study those things we don't understand, even though we will never reach the end, then to just give up and attribute it all to "God". I personally am happy not knowing all the answers. I don't need to know what happens after death. I just try to live life the best way I know how.

(probably christan) could make money out of it.

evidence supporting this comment?

I find christianity to be totally disrespectful to the existence that we owe our lives to.

uh, evidence?

this is to easy- trying to stay on topic with these
http://www.grinningplanet.com/2004/07-13-2x/christian-stewardship-environmental-article.htm

http://www.christianecology.org/

http://www.arcworld.org/faiths.asp?pageID=39

and on and on and on

Carpe Diem

The challenge to all Christians is to discover anew the truth that God’s love and liberation is for all creation, not just humanity, and to seek new ways of living that restore balance and hope of life to the endangered planet.

shouldn't this be concrete in the minds of ALL christians from the teaching that they base thier beliefs on?

why should it be a challenge for christians to DISCOVER ANEW THE TRUTH?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

The challenge to all Christians is to discover anew the truth that God’s love and liberation is for all creation, not just humanity, and to seek new ways of living that restore balance and hope of life to the endangered planet.

shouldn't this be concrete in the minds of ALL christians from the teaching that they base thier beliefs on?

why should it be a challenge for christians to DISCOVER ANEW THE TRUTH?

regardless - these are examples of "Christians" that are eco-minded.....

What evidence can you present that supports your claims in the start of this thread?

Carpe Diem

Gets my vote.

All I want is a world in which I don't have to deal with proselytizing or an attempt to force me into one or another person's idea of how I ought to live.

Short of that, anyone can believe whatever they want. But anyone who preaches to me or tries to control me can expect a punch in the nose.

Edited to add: In my eyes, this thread is no different from the other one.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

okay, do you know all the different definitions of pride?
Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association: parental pride.
What is wrong with taking satisfaction in my beliefs, instead of being ashamed?

An excessively high opinion of oneself; conceit
I believe this is different than the kind of pride that comes from associating while NOT looking down on others.
If someone is proud to be an American, would you tell them that's silly? Most likely not. By saying they are part to be an American does not mean they are putting down other nationalities, just that they have respect for their country. It's the same to me---

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

What is wrong with taking satisfaction in my beliefs, instead of being ashamed?

There is nothing "wrong" with being proud of your religion. There is nothing "wrong" with being proud of being from some certain location. Much like there is nothing "wrong" with being proud of your hair color. I think it is silly to be proud of something that isn't an accomplishment. If you go and help build a house with a religious group, sure, you can be proud of helping to build a house for someone less fortunate. However, it still isn't a religion that is building a house. It is a group of people with similar beliefs who have a desire to do something nice. There are lots of things that people are proud of that is silly to be proud of. People are proud of getting laid, starting wars, doing shots, and pretending to look really cool.

And I agree with Rhonda....atheists judging those for believing in a god by calling them dumb is just as bad as religious people who tell you you're going to Hell.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Split a piece of wood and you will find me, turn over a stone and I am there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, Stigmata got this from the Gospel of St. Thomas.

Not my point
---------------
"Once you find a job that you like, you never have to work another day in your life"

What evidence can you present that supports your claims in the start of this thread?

all the lavish buildings, cars, houses and lifestyles of the head of churches. most preists etc. drive big mercedes benz etc.

what is the point of building huge, extravigant cathedrals etc?
A.= to look important, to show off power.

if god were to be, he wouldn't be impressed with the blatant overuse of recources.

if ten percent or more is expected out of followers wages then where is all that money going? cars, buildings, investment (guns, etc.)

i never said all christians are environmental terrorists, or non of them care about the envirionment.

there is such a strong opinion that this world is here for the use of humans in christianity, that i strongly believe that this mindset is partially responsible for the attitudes that have let the planet get to the state it is in now.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

All of the conflict on this planet is due to man's inhumanity to man.

No, it is because we are human.

Fighting and the struggle for power is such a basic fundamental trait of our species that calling them 'inhuman' is to completely and utterly miss the point.

War and 'evil' are not things caused by our immoral culture, they are part of our basic instincts.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?