rhys

i'm NOT christian... and proud of it!!!

i noticed you turned off your pm's..... so what are you mad about?

A woman in a snit doesn't say what she's mad about. She just pouts. :S

i liked seeing your smiling face.

The "smiling face" was a one day deal. The :| is for everyday use.

:D

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

i noticed you turned off your pm's..... so what are you mad about?

A woman in a snit doesn't say what she's mad about. She just pouts. :S

i liked seeing your smiling face.

The "smiling face" was a one day deal. The :| is for everyday use.

:D

rl

pity. i'm not the evil pope any more in part b/c of that smile.

hope i see it again soon.

p.s. but doesn't a pouting woman crave the attn of someone who has taken notice and wants to lend a shoulder?

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Well Said the shit gets old real fast, they can keep the dam religion to them selves...PLESE.

Here is one for you.

http://jesuspenis.ericschwartz.com/media/video/JP_Full2.wmv

They're as bizarre as the crazy lady in the other thread. :S

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

p.s. but doesn't a pouting woman crave the attn of someone who has taken notice and wants to lend a shoulder?

Spoken like a true husband. ;)

rl

just trying to do my part babe!;)

have a good night...

*** Please excuse the little disorganization in this post, I was half asleep as I wrote it (also there are prob some spelling errors too) ******

I have actually been having a conversation about this with many people around me over the past couple of weeks. Let me start off by saying that I was brought up Roman Catholic, I went to catholic school, church every sunday when I was a kid, etc. etc. I consider myself a religious person, just not one that follows an organized religion.

Yes I believe the bible to be faulty and I really find it quite amusing that there are so many people that blindly follow a one sided story, which it in itself is incomplete thanks to some editing by Constantine back in the forth century. The best way to make a descision, is to make a well informed one. Just because you were brought up a baptist or a catholic from a baby, you must remember that members of other religions were brought up from children that their religion is the one and only true. And some of those have been around MUCH longer than christianity. They beleive just as strongly about their religion, if not stronger, than you do yours.

One word- hypocrisy- This runs very abundant in ANY religion that I have began to educate myself about. Some more guilty than others. Cristians (especially catholics) pay attention to this part. "Love thy neighbor as you would thyself"------ that is unless you are gay, had an abortion, or not part of the registered congregation. But wait, "He who has not sinned shall cast the first stone"----see previous exception. You really want me to continue on this one cause I can go on for a while.

-The purpose for an organized religion-
Keep their congregations stubborn and naive, collect money, which ends with the people being more comfortable with death. I am not going to argue this with anyone because there are 3 local churches near where I live that I personally checked out and while finding out info about registering at such places, I was turned away becuase I would not give them a copy of last years tax returns so that they could make sure that I was giving at least 10 % of my salary. How about Vatican City anyone? Need a bigger more expensive more elaborate church with more marble?? Again, I could go on.

Listen, I am not knockin the people who are part of organized religion, I am more or less just saying, because of what I have educated myself on, it is not right for me. I will say that I wish more of you "bible bangers" would at least educate yourself more about your so called flawless (yet very incomplete) book. Don't not believe in evolution just because your "guiding words" deem it impossible. Remember, that book was edited by someone who wanted to have control over his people (which is why religious factions were and still are in some cases, governing bodies)
I hate to use a line from a movie, but in the movie Stigmata, it is said that religion is not a building or a gather of people it is what is inside of YOU. It is what YOu make it to be. Split a piece of wood and you will find me, turn over a stone and I am there.

*********** For all of you who have read this and deduced that I myself am being hypocritical-------- READ ON PLEASE----- I say that I am religious because although I dont believe in organized religions I still believe in a god. However, I am damn sure that this earth was not created in 7 days, (dinos before humans, etc.) but, all the stuff that makes up everything we see had to have come from somewhere, you can make something from nothing and that is where the person I believe to be god comes into play, that stuff hd to be created by someone. I live a decent life, I help people, I donate a lot of my time, I stop for accidents and help out, etc. I dont need to give money to build a church or hang out with a group of people that share the same thoughts I do about religion to make me think what I am doing is right.
The way I look at it, especially for all you religion fanatics-why do you think that a god who created you would not want you to think for yourself and make your life and you thoughts and your dreams special to yourself? PLease at least look at the rest of the information that is out there for you to see that you may not have the full story, make the most out of what you can of yourself, think for yourself. Find what it all really means to you and why it means that too you, Not just because one book or a preacher tells you too
---------------
"Once you find a job that you like, you never have to work another day in your life"

great, someone who thinks for themselves, this is why i started this thread, i'm sure there are plenty of thinkers like ourselves out there, it is funny how those that oppose our sort of opinion can only do so by quoting the bible or try to hijack the conversation with stupid comments,

forums are about dicussion, it is only worth discussing things with people that have an open mind.

i can't believe churches ask to see tax information?!?! that is private shit man, how gullible are these people.

i guess christians are lazy, the answers are laid out for you, you just hand over your cash and they can keep thier bmw up to date.;)

of course everything had to come from somewhere. humans have only destroyed what has been created. in a fraction of the time that it has taken to come to be. christianity has no mention of life before humans. in fact wasn't adam supposed to have named certain shit when it was made? you would have to be pretty naive to belive that shit.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I'm calling your bullshit. I've read Vatican 1&2, I've listened to Ratzingers (Benedict 16) inaugural address. Both of then extol the x-tains to fight against the "world views of atheism and materialism" . Sounds like you need to do some homework.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

You have been making a lot of statements saying what you believe Christians are or what Christians believe. I don't recognize myself in any of them.

First, maybe you as an individual don't think we atheists are evil, but you are in the vast minority on that one.

Second, The statements I've made are based on what you x-tians have told me to my face, and my childhood memories from the lutheran church, not what I have fabricated on my own.

Third, if you don't recognize yourself in them, then you aren't looking hard enough.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

I'm calling your bullshit. I've read Vatican 1&2, I've listened to Ratzingers (Benedict 16) inaugural address. Both of then extol the x-tains to fight against the "world views of atheism and materialism" . Sounds like you need to do some homework.

... you must have been selectively listening and selectively reading... you've missed a few important points... I don't think you really want to debate this, do you? I've met both JPII and Bennie XVI... I know what they stand for (well, stood for, in JPII's case...)

JPII and B16 didn't have anything to do w/ V1. And while JPII and B16 were participants in VII, you'll be hard pressed to find a quote in there that says "nonChristians are evil..." but go ahead, find it... show us the quote...

... talking about standing against atheism and materialism dont' count... that is a far cry from calling an individual who espouses them "evil." They were addressing philosophical mindsets, not people.

You have been making a lot of statements saying what you believe Christians are or what Christians believe. I don't recognize myself in any of them.

First, maybe you as an individual don't think we atheists are evil, but you are in the vast minority on that one.

Second, The statements I've made are based on what you x-tians have told me to my face, and my childhood memories from the lutheran church, not what I have fabricated on my own.

Third, if you don't recognize yourself in them, then you aren't looking hard enough.

damn, dude, got some anger issues to work through? so some christians have said you were evil... so some christians have exposed themselves as hypocrites and not as perfect like their saviour. pity. does that mean you have to hate the whole lot of us then? shit. how quickly people's predjudices grow to encompass a whole group of people, based on their limited experience... don't get me wrong, I include myself in this...

...does that mean you have to hate the whole lot of us then?

I don't hate any of you. I just wish that you guys would take religion and keep it private. I object when you guys try, for example, to get the government to enforce your religion. I mean what's it to you that some woman somewhere has an abortion or uses some other form of birth control? What is it to you that gays hook up and want the social sanction of marriage? Why do you stand in the way of science that can potentially alleviate massive amounts of human suffering (stem cells, in case you were wondering)? Why do you guys try to force science classes and other curiccula (biology) to comply with your mythology (ID and creationism)? Why can't I, as a non-believer, buy a beer or a car on Sunday? Why do I have to defer to the religious sensibilities of X-tains and tolerate a de facto censorship in the media I choose to consume? What is it about others living differently from what your religion thinks is proper, but is not harmful to others, that causes you guys to try to dominate? I mean the bottom line is: Who asked you?

So if I sound like I have "anger issues", consider that nearly every day I have to, in some way, defer to your religion. I have to buy censored newspapers, watch censored network TV and news, have to work and schedule around your religions' sabbath, have to go WAY out of the way to get to a titty bar, have to listen to believers and politicians slander me as a group and then react with outrage when I object. Wouldn't you have anger if the situation was reversed?

Fairy tales in your oppinion!!!! I agree religion is like that but express it differently, but always remembering we all have different oppinions. Science can prove religion wrong - but science is continually being updated and theories being discarded ASWELL.

Yes it seems funny they all believe the same, and my view is that it is human weakness of the need to label the unknown to comfort us is why we do it - we dnt know what God is so we label it as creator.

Although- religion helped keeped order among the peasants in the mediaval times.!!!

Good things - give people stability and comfort in life etc etc, give happiness - in a world as brutal as this - any form of happiness is good.

Religion has caused wars, adn yes well how does it allow it all?

Simple - it doesn;t exist. but that is just my oppinion.

btw, where oh where did that smiling avatar go? it was very pleasant to behold!

i've seen the picture ;) its still on the thread about the location map of posters.... much better when you smile :P

and i think religeon is bullshit

religeon was/is a way for people to control others, its what the leaders of centuarys ago used to rule the population

Its also used by people who are scared that death is the end, the really want to believe that there is something after death, comforts them to think when they die, they will somehow carry on.... dream on folks

Religion and Abortion (politics) are two things that you never discuss in a bar...

It is very interesting to watch the discussion boards on this type of topic...People make a grand effort to state their views as impartial, all the while accusing others (finger pointing) of being wrong.

There is no right/wrong in religion with ONE exception:
Impressing your views on other people is very wrong.

Killing people, in my opinion, is wrong, as is sleeping with your neighbors wife (little boys). I am not religious and I don't believe in God, but I do believe in a god. Those things are wrong because thats how I was raised, not because I learned it in church (temple). Are they wrong because my parents' parents were deeply religious and taught the family tree those values, perhaps. As mentioned above, though, that doesn't mean that religion should be governing or denouncing who I am sleeping with or what my sister or girlfriend does with her unborn fetus.

I haven't studied religion; none of them and I don't plan to anytime soon. It would interest me to know how other religions viewed some of Christianity's "hot button issues": abortion, homosexuality. It might shed some light.

It is important for me to note ( having stood behind many a bar ) the religious and political debates get ugliest when one person tells another their "views" are wrong and/or tries to convince/sell that one is better than another ( in my experience, these would be the Christians, not always, but most of the time ).

I spent my life in football lockers, all were filled with prayers on game day, its what we did ( read today's New York Times ). It was nondenominational and voluntary -- everyone stayed in the room; some prayed with the chaplain, others just bowed their heads and asked for the safety of their brothers. I would join this group again if given the choice, but in that huddle we weren't talking to God, we were talking to each other wishing each other the best of luck.

I am surprised that, with all of the quoting going on, no one mentioned :::

Karl Marx: "Religion is the opiate for the masses."
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

First off, I find it interesting that you seem to want to lump all Christians together as being the same in your thread; have you gotten to know everyone out there who is a REAL Christian? I for one know you haven't, because I've never met you.;)

Also, like I've stated in my thread, Christians aren't perfect, and just like ANY religion, there will be "true followers" and fakes, those who claim to follow their religion's god but in reality don't.

I think it is sad too how our world is...our planet and fellow beings suffering; God has instructed Christians in His word to take care of the earth God provided, and yes,we Christians, and EVERY human on this planet, have done more than our fair share of ruining and polluting that which we live on.
(but if you're trying to rile up any Christians, it won't work) You find Christianity to be "totally disrespectful to the existence that we owe our lives to"....are you talking about nature I'm assuming? Try reading the Bible and see what God's commandments are considering caring for His creation; it's pretty ironic He admonishes His believers, CHRISTIANS, to take care of the earth, yet you believe for some reason that Christians especially have ruined this planet? :S
Jesus says: "Love"....a commandment I try my hardest to followB|, even when people judge meB|

peace,
Sarah

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

First off, I find it interesting that you seem to want to lump all Christians together as being the same in your thread; have you gotten to know everyone out there who is a REAL Christian?

Every time this subject comes up anywhere, no matter what brand of Christian thought is being discussed, this question gets asked.

That's the problem, Sarah.

Every Christian says that their kind of Christianity is the "Real Christianity."

How are pagans supposed to know who has God's seal of approval?

rl

Real Christians worship the Real God because theirs is the only Real Religion, because theyre Real Insecure.

As the other Proud thread shows quite clearly: there are Christians of many stripes and sects. It's amusing that they choose to not see it, since belief in one thing obviously means that they're all linked and have all the same beliefs. It's one of the fun things about trying to discuss scripture with a group of them. One will defend it from one angle, when you point out why you disagree you have another sectarian coming in and defending it from another point. Check out the other thread, there are many times that the original discussion starts on one subject (biblical inerrancy) and changes over the course of the discussion as other Christians take over and alter the entire course (biblical interpretation over literalism).

It certainly makes things more fun when trying to upset, offend and rile up ALL Christians equally....

except Sinker

he likes oven mitts and bukakke.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

Maybe you should call Red Green.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they might as well find you handy"

(The hypocrisy is stellar in these types of thread - the amazing self righteous indigination over the "other" self-righteous people.... I like the quietly confident religious and non-religious, I really doubt the loudmouths of the two groups are different from each other in any fundamental way - they both are look looking for a way to validate their self delusional superiority complexes.

mmmm smugness feels good doesn't it? yes I understand the irony in this post, but since I have the only True understanding of life, the universe and everything, I can recognize the subtle errors of others :):S:P)

7.389483,adir33kdi3932.1234'(*&#^$&k 929487501 4 ...43218567kd8v8*#(&kd087

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants