rhys

i'm NOT christian... and proud of it!!!

It is interesting how christians and other religons seem to judge others before themselves.

I see christians trying to be holier than thou but then being violent and greedy at the same time.

Most of the conflict on this planet is due to religon.

Our planet and fellow beings are suffering at an alarming and increasing rate and it seems to be no concern to christians because they have the light at the end of the tunnel. We have lost things we didn't even know existed!?!

Our world was not produced for humans as christians will beleive.

I jump above Fiordland national/world heritage park here in beautiful New Zealand. Evidence for Darwins theory is abundant.

It is a shame that we have lost most of the worlds ecology to the so called progress of mankind. we are actually accelerating our enevitable demise. The ecology of this planet has taken millions of years to develop and only a couple of thousand to destroy. Most of this has taken place in the last few hundred years.

If as much focus had been made on conserving our fragile surroundings and haveing and understanding of how it came to be, rather than having plain old faith in the fact that GOD produced all this that we do not understand, just so we can thrash it for entertainment and self gain. Imagine how beautiful clean and happy your surroundings would be just now?

I feel privilaeged to be surrounded by such untouched beauty, but i also know if this untouched beauty wasn't enormous mountains with shear valleys of rock then it would all have been destroyed long ago so some human (probably christan) could make money out of it.

I find christianity to be totally disrespectful to the existence that we owe our lives to.

christianity is a fairytale, open your eyes fools!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Im Atheist, and agree with your points, but saying religions is a fairy tale is a bit strong.

If people wanna believe it it is their choice, they probably think we are mad for NOT believeing.

A lot of wars are fought over religion, but religion also gives our lives many benefits outside a religious context.

...but saying religions is a fairy tale is a bit strong.

How's that? ALL religions are fairy tales. They all claim the same thing, namely, monopoly on the truth, and are all subsequently proven wrong. At one time Zeus was considered to be the one true god, yet no one seems to take that seriously today. (The Zoroastrians in eastern Turkey and western Iran, notwithstanding.)

...if people wanna believe it it is their choice, they probably think we are mad for NOT believeing.

They don't think we're mad, they think we're evil. Big difference. Christians in particular think that atheists are actually believers of the character satan from their mythology. No matter what you try to say in defense, like: "I don't believe in him either", or words to that effect, nothing seems to convince them. They till persist in the delusion that we atheists "worship" their satan.

...but religion also gives our lives many benefits outside a religious context.

Name one thing that religion supplies that can't be derived from a secular source. In fact, religions of every stripe, but christians in particular, are the chief enemies of moral, social and scientific progress. Religion is the largest single evil in the world today. I don't say that to be provocative, but, rather, factual. Religion gave us the crusades, the inquisition, the Holocaust, Al Qeda, Northern Ireland, thousands of sex scandals, thousands of child abuse scandals, thousands of fleecing scandals (and other forms of fraud) , anti semitism and is the root cause of things like over population and slavery. No person ever does evil things so effectively as when he thinks he's got god on his side. So exactly what good is it?

Let the shitblizzard begin.:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I really don't understand how people can deny the existence of God, there has to be a higher being for the universe to exist...

the fact that you live in such beautiful surroundings helps to prove that there is a God, something that amazing cannot be made by chance...

I see christians trying to be holier than thou but then being violent and greedy at the same time.

that is completely stereotypical, there are over 2 billion Christians in the world and yeh some may be like that but if they follow the teachings of the bible then it won't be the case...

It is interesting how christians and other religons seem to judge others before themselves.

again thats pretty stereotypical, the bible teaches that you should love your neighbour before yourself and the whole basis of Christianity is that we're all sinners but if you turn to Jesus then you have a way out... so yeh Christians are going to 'judge others' to the extent that they'll want them to find the same freedom that they have... there are endless references in the bible to how you shouldn't judge others and be hypocritical, so again if people are following the Christian teachings then that shouldn't be the case...

human (probably christan) could make money out of it.

what a stupid thing to say, unless you have any basis for that comment then what's the point of saying it...

christianity is a fairytale, open your eyes fools!

that's where you're wrong, and you'll find out eventually... I think it's fairly obvious by your incoherent rambling that you're searching for something, maybe you should open your your eyes and see what you're missing out on... You seem to be the one that is juding others...

you may have had some bad experiences with Christians, but we're not all the same...

They don't think we're mad, they think we're evil. Big difference.

who told you that?! There is no Christian teaching that says that people who aren't Christian are evil!

Christians in particular think that atheists are actually believers of the character satan from their mythology

that doesn't even make any sense... for satan to exist, there has to be a God. By definition an athiest doesn't believe in a God, so how could Christians think that athiests believe in satan?!

I'm aware that you're probably just stirring, but at least try and make sense!

who told you that?! There is no Christian teaching that says that people who aren't Christian are evil!

Let's see there's: Fawell, Robertson, Dobson, Roberts, John Paul 2, Benedict 16, Swaggert (both of them, father and son), Haggee (sp?), the list goes on and on. I've also had random individual x-tains tell me that to my face.

that doesn't even make any sense... for satan to exist, there has to be a God. By definition an athiest doesn't believe in a God, so how could Christians think that athiests believe in satan?!

Oh if I only had been paid a buck or two for how many times x-tains have told that very thing, I could pay off my house AND car. I've hed them tell me that atheists are simply under satan's spell, and are deceived by him in order to gain our souls. (I'm NOT making this up, they really did say it, more than once and more that one person).

I'm aware that you're probably just stirring, but at least try and make sense!

No, I'm really not stirring. If I don't make sense, it's probably due to you being a believer of some kind (right?).
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

that is completely stereotypical, there are over 2 billion Christians in the world and yeh some may be like that but if they follow the teachings of the bible then it won't be the case...

i agree it is streotypical of christains to go to church then act contradicatry to what the are preaching.

out of those suppoesed 2 billlion christians (which i find hard to believe) considering more than half of the world is in china and india (christanity is a minority there) how many practice what they preach?

christianity comes various forms that conflict with each other and are heirachys based on human existance only, this proves christanity to be selfish and naive.

what a stupid thing to say, unless you have any basis for that comment then what's the point of saying it...

modern society was built on christan values,

god defend new zealand, in god we trust, blah blah blah

christanity is forced upon most of us in various ways and is responsable for alot of the warped ways of thinking that goes on due to centuries of brainwashing.

the fact that you live in such beautiful surroundings helps to prove that there is a God, something that amazing cannot be made by chance...

i do believe in a creator of some description so i am not an athiest. but the bible and christianity has proved itself to be a crock of shit.

i believe we are created from an impact with the sun and the sun was created by an explosion of something. yes there there is plenty of chance involved, and that must be respected. no person on this planet knows what exactly created everything. christianity claims to know everything but proves itself incorrect over and over again.

keep it real, do you believe everything anyone tells you or do you base your beliefs on your obsevations?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Let's see there's: Fawell, Robertson, Dobson, Roberts, John Paul 2, Benedict 16, Swaggert (both of them, father and son), Haggee (sp?), the list goes on and on. I've also had random individual x-tains tell me that to my face.

Sorry charlie, callin bullshit on this one... you've probably not read a thing JP II or Benedict XVI has ever written... I have. Neither has ever said that non-christians are evil.

NEXT!

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Sorry charlie, callin bullshit on this one... you've probably not read a thing JP II or Benedict XVI has ever written... I have. Neither has ever said that non-christians are evil.

This coming from the same guy who professes Christianity to be truer than other religions, without studying those other religions to the same extent as you have studied Christianity.:S

:P;)

I really do like the other thread better. There is more homo(u)r.

This coming from the same guy who professes Christianity to be truer than other religions, without studying those other religions to the same extent as you have studied Christianity.:S

First, it's somewhat of an unwarranted assumption to say I haven't studied other religions to the extent I have my own. You don't know that catagorically.

Second, just b/c I maintain that the Catholic Church contains w/i in the fullness of truth does not ipso facto mean that I believe, or the leaders of my faith believe/teach that non-Catholics/non-Christians are evil. To say otherwise is faulty logic.

What I HAVE said in numerous places, echoing the teaching of my faith, is that in many other religions there are some truths, some similarities, some unifying principles that lend credence to them in and of themselves. That is HARDLY the tact one would take if I thought non-Christians were evil.

And again, JPII and Benedict XVI have never stated/taught/written that non-Christians are evil. That is irrefutable.

NEXT!

You are so easily trolled. :D

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

NEXT!

rl

I care not.

NEXT!

rl

I care not.

Eventually, all those scars in your cheek are going to spoil that pretty face.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

First, it's somewhat of an unwarranted assumption to say I haven't studied other religions to the extent I have my own. You don't know that catagorically.

Second, just b/c I maintain that the Catholic Church contains w/i in the fullness of truth does not ipso facto mean that I believe, or the leaders of my faith believe/teach that non-Catholics/non-Christians are evil. To say otherwise is faulty logic.

What I HAVE said in numerous places, echoing the teaching of my faith, is that in many other religions there are some truths, some similarities, some unifying principles that lend credence to them in and of themselves. That is HARDLY the tact one would take if I thought non-Christians were evil.

And again, JPII and Benedict XVI have never stated/taught/written that non-Christians are evil. That is irrefutable.

You took the wrong part of my post seriously... the important parts were:

I couldn't make the damn smileys bold. Sorry.

For Great Deals on Gear

NEXT!

rl

I care not.

Eventually, all those scars in your cheek are going to spoil that pretty face.

rl

yeah, you're right... teach my thy ways, sweetest lady, and I shall forever sing your praises!

btw, where oh where did that smiling avatar go? it was very pleasant to behold!

You took the wrong part of my post seriously... the important parts were:

I couldn't make the damn smileys bold. Sorry.

sorry for my momentary lapse of seriousness. [:/] i've been digging caulk out of my bath tub... that is not conducive to good humo(u)r...B|

I'm mad at everyone. So I deleted my profile and my avatar, and I shut off my PMs. For some stupid reason, however, I'm still posting. :S

I figure I'll be over it in a couple of days, and everything will be back to normal. If not, I'll probably run away from home or something equally ludicrous.

In the meantime, it's my snit, and I'll pout if I want to.

rl

I'm mad at everyone. So I deleted my profile and my avatar, and I shut off my PMs. For some stupid reason, however, I'm still posting. :S

I figure I'll be over it in a couple of days, and everything will be back to normal. If not, I'll probably run away from home or something equally ludicrous.

In the meantime, it's my snit, and I'll pout if I want to.

rl

i noticed you turned off your pm's..... so what are you mad about?

i liked seeing your smiling face.

They don't think we're mad, they think we're evil. Big difference. Christians in particular think that atheists are actually believers of the character satan from their mythology.

um , no we don't.

You have been making a lot of statements saying what you believe Christians are or what Christians believe. I don't recognize myself in any of them.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

They don't think we're mad, they think we're evil. Big difference. Christians in particular think that atheists are actually believers of the character satan from their mythology.

um , no we don't.

You have been making a lot of statements saying what you believe Christians are or what Christians believe. I don't recognize myself in any of them.

Maybe your belief that you're a Christian is just a delusion.

Maybe you're a solipsist instead, and you've created this weird world of dz.com where you're being persecuted by a bunch of agnostic....

...never mind.

rl