mailin

So why is it we're paying more than $2.50/gallon?

Stop whining. Whole Europe pays somewhere between 6-8 USD.

What you should be doing is tell the morons which are still driving SUV's and Pickups to get a better car.

Sounds like you're the one whining, not me. I'm quite familiar with European fuel prices, having lived overseas since 1991.

I'm living in the US at the moment and believe me I'm very glad I just pay $2.90 here since I made close to 20k miles this year...

Just think how happy you would have been a few years ago before Prez Bush decided to make his friends even richer when gas was 1.60 a gallon!!!!!!:P:o:D:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

> when gas was 1.60 a gallon

I remember in 1996 I believe it was we took a four week vacation to see the Grand Canyons, Painted Desert, the California Coast Line. I remember pumping gas in houston for $1.34 and in San Deigo around 1.58. I thought at the time that was exspensive.

I remember in 1996 I believe it was we took a four week vacation to see the Grand Canyons, Painted Desert, the California Coast Line. I remember pumping gas in houston for $1.34 and in San Deigo around 1.58. I thought at the time that was exspensive.

The week of March 8, 1999 the average cost of gasoline in the Eastern USA was $.87/gallon.

No shit.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_history.html

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

So, I went to Texas with my now-Ex this Christmas Break. She had me park around the corner. "Why?" I asked. "Because Real men here don't drive Cars." she quipped as she glared at my Nissan Sentra.

So, I guess to be cool in the nicer part of Houston, I need to buy an SUV or a big ass truck to drive from home to school and to the Dropzone. Who cares if it burns Gas like the Irish drink Beer, if it's what "real men" do, what can you say?

I think Americans have a lot to learn, until then I don't feel too bad paying $3.10 for gas, because I know it's stinging the soccer moms and macho dudes way more. :)

=========Shaun ==========

Because the demand exceeds the supply.
Reduce demand enough and the price will come down.
The market will produce alternatives.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

So, I went to Texas with my now-Ex this Christmas Break. She had me park around the corner. "Why?" I asked. "Because Real men here don't drive Cars." she quipped as she glared at my Nissan Sentra.

Bet you don't miss her too much.

That's what I was thinking. First of all when she told me to park out back I would have told her to go F herself!

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Well to make you feel real bad I went and looked at some of our old records and in May of 1966 my garndpa bought 1376 gallons of gas for $381.57 or .277 a gallon:o

A little more recently I paid .865 for gas in 1998 and just .48 for diesel. the last delivery we got in the fall of 2007 I gave 3.22 for gas and 2.16 for diesel and paid 1.97 for LP a few weeks ago. So when everyone wonders why there groceries are getting more expensive there is one reason.

The week of March 8, 1999 the average cost of gasoline in the Eastern USA was $.87/gallon.

No shit.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_history.html

I was paying .99 in Fla. around that time
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Jeez I feel old. I remember the first time I put gas in a car right after I got my license.. 1978 at Stubby's Shell Station (becauce in 1978 it was still PC to call a guy who lost an arm in Vietnam "Stubby" ;)

It was .59 cents a gallon and Stubby checked the oil and cleaned the windows.

Owned by Remi #?

Jeez I feel old. I remember the first time I put gas in a car right after I got my license.. 1978 at Stubby's Shell Station (becauce in 1978 it was still PC to call a guy who lost an arm in Vietnam "Stubby" ;)

It was .59 cents a gallon and Stubby checked the oil and cleaned the windows.

I'm old. I got my D/L in 73. I think gas was like 13 cents a gallon in the PI.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.