Shadowplay

Do I skip reserves to go jumping?

I love this thread... lets' see how long it takes to get to SC :)
As for the military having a thing about lying...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/22/AR2005052200865.html

Wasn't there a big deal over that young lady that was in a truck that got lost and the military embellishing the story... I must be wrong, the military wouldn't lie!

As for the CINC and his record...

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2004_08/004454.php

I didn't look hard but it looks like there are lots more about this too.

Now if the the problem is that the gov't can't keep good records (great excuse!) I for one think that they should be able to.

Now do I think he should live up to his commitments, YES I DO !!! Personal integrity is important !!!
I just don't think that GWB is a good example of it and I think that the military's record as institution is poor as well. The thing that makes the military look good is the high integrity of the great majority of people that serve.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Oh and Zenister. My records show that I actually attended through the L.E.S. That is how my proof is good.

and you've never seen an incorrect LES? you havent been in long enough then...

but the point is you trust Govt records for what they are or you do not....not checking your personal records for accuracy is YOUR issue, (or in this case GWB's issue..) unless disputed they are accepted as valid...

simply saying 'the records are not accurate' without evidence to back such a claim is a cheap cop out..

I know you've probably got Toby Keith blaring in the background but you do not know me or what I do.

NO, I do not listen to country.

I do not have to know you. The fact that you miss assembly for personal pleasure is enough proof of the kind of person you are.

but you outright quit

I had served more than my 8yr commitment. Therefore I did not quit. NOt to mention I transfered into the Guard which is state run.

He was one of many reasons for getting off active. There were several others. He screwed up some stuff which The Current C in C resolved.

You defend the office, not the man.

You still have to listen to his orders. You would have to be in long enough to understand. His ROE was retarded!

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

You do not HAVE to know who I am? So I should be shot by firing squad from wanting to make up my time? Jesus, I'd love to see what you would do to someone who ACTUALLY went UA. I'm sure the President didn't really do that, it's all a vast left wing conspiracy.

You must be referring to Clinton's ROE regarding Somalia. Truly pathetic, but let's not forget who sent troops there in the first place. That's right, GHWB. As far as the Balkans go, people died which is a shame, but it's a whole lot better now than it was 10 years ago.

Would you want to go to combat with someone who wasn't willing to give 100%?

The military isn't for everyone. If it's not for you, then you should do both you and your unit a favor, and takes the necessary steps to intiate a seperation. If it is for you, then suck it up and drive on.

Ok, bad wording. It's not skipping out. I'd just have to make up the time down the line. My conflict is that I'd have to lie.

Don't lie. Remember what LDRSHIP means?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

You're right. I won't be lying. It was a thought that popped into my head at 730 this morning and I've already dismissed it. If I can't tell them the reason why I'm going to miss the weekend then there is no reason to do it.

I will in the future reschedule my drills to jump if the weather is nice and I know it won't be a problem. Those that have a problem with it, you can call me a traitor and whatever else when you see me.

And Kramer, I've was at Zephyr last time I was working at SOCOM. Next time I'm down there I'll look you up. You'll let a disgraced sailor like myself buy you a beer right?;)

Ok, bad wording. It's not skipping out. I'd just have to make up the time down the line. My conflict is that I'd have to lie.

Don't lie. Remember what LDRSHIP means?

that the US Army cant spell? ;)

Nice Troll thread. You got me. :ph34r::D:D:D

I just get irritated at people who do that shit b/c I have to fight medicals to stay in.

I made it to drills for 20-months on crutches. People asked if I needed the money. The Guard is so messed up in its philosophy. Like it is an option. It is crazy to me.

I just need to get back to active so I can retire.

Laters!

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

Oh and you owe me a shot for this "TROLL" thread. Wait maybe I owe you one for getting me :D

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

What a few of you don't want to see/refuse to see is that Bush did do his time in the guard, he just did it all at once and not spread out (the traditional way)...Has several hundered hours in F-100s; so yes, he did do his time. Get over it.

And no, don't skip out...I know we all like skydiving, but that's not good enough to get out of drill.

if you add up his actual attendance days he is still short... of course since his 'political assignment' is somehow counted he completed, but its a very cherry sham spot for what was a 'champagne' guard unit in the first place...

Hey at least he served in some capacity. Some other politicians skipped town and smoked (but didn't inhale;)) pot.

How short was the POTUS on his duties?

I could have sworn what I read had him good to go, but I was only reading copies of the Air Guard record released by the DNC.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

but its a very cherry sham spot for what was a 'champagne' guard unit in the first place...

Moot point...look how many guys did the guard back then and how many even skipped the guard entirely. Just like the majority of American voters, no one really gives a shit; it was not in the least bit salient during the election.