Shadowplay

Do I skip reserves to go jumping?

We have like three really important drill dates a year and this is one of them. Normally I could just reschedule but this weekend it's going to take some crafty story telling to get out of going. The thing is that it's going to be 70 this weekend and nice. How many more weekends of good weather are we gonna get before it gets butt cold on the east coast? I realize posing this question to this audience is like asking a group of cleptomaniacs if it's ok to steal but I'm conflicted.

We have like three really important drill dates a year and this is one of them. Normally I could just reschedule but this weekend it's going to take some crafty story telling to get out of going. The thing is that it's going to be 70 this weekend and nice. How many more weekends of good weather are we gonna get before it gets butt cold on the east coast? I realize posing this question to this audience is like asking a group of cleptomaniacs if it's ok to steal but I'm conflicted.

I'd suggest coming to Canada but the weather is probably worse here :S
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

follow the example of our 'fearless leader' and simply dont show up..

it helps if you have friends in high places that can provide a convenient political cause you can pretend to support instead... ;)

Honor your commitments. The sky will always be there, even if it's going to get a bit chilly.

Lying is never a good thing, then you just have to cover with more lies.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Honor your commitments. The sky will always be there, even if it's going to get a bit chilly.

Lying is never a good thing, then you just have to cover with more lies.

And mama has spoken. ;)

Besides which...there are warmer places during winter if you travel. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

It is people like you who really piss me off!

Why did you sign up if you are a slacker?

In over 6-years I have missed Drill twice! Once I was in the hospital and thother time was for a wedding which I made the reservations before the Drill Dates came out.

If you do not like it get out! >:(

It is not like you are a top end skydiver doing something special.

Re-scheduling is for emergencies, and truly special events in life. NOt to just do it.

You should just get out because all you are wanting is an extra check. Just sucking the government tit!

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

so how do you feel about the CINC? have you seen his reserve attendence record?

That is all about politics and trying to make a person look bad. This is not the forum for that.

Not to mention the validity of records kept by the government should not be relied upon.

I have proof of my own attendance as well as my active service.

"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

This is hilarious. First off I don't know what unit you are in but in mine people reschedule drills ALL THE TIME. It doesn't mean that people skip and go run their daddy's campaign or go to Canada either. We drill in a very well known place that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We can make up our time whenever we want to. What does me not being a "top end" skydiver have to do with anything? I want to jump so I can get my license requirements done before it gets too cold. I've rescheduled plenty of drills in the past to jump and I've been forthcoming to my chain about it. It just so happens that this weekend is a change of command ceremony that I'd love to get out of. Admittedly, considering lying to get out of it was not a good idea so I'll just go and hope the weather is good for the rest of the month. Don't be a drama queen about this and make me out to be some Benedict Arnold.

If I ever meet you, I'll be sure to give you a cookie for near perfect attendance. That's what they used to do in Kindergarten. Your picture is probably hanging in the President's bathroom.

no its about performance.. either you show up or you dont, either you fulfill your obligations to serve or you dont..

our CINC didnt, he skated by and was ignored because of his father's position... is that he kind of leadership example you respect?

guess its a good thing the rest of the reserves dont have the same level of dedication our CINC did... such a fine example for a leader to set...

and if he can do it, why shouldnt anyone else 'take off' for whatever reason they deem sufficient?

how is your 'proof of attendance' anymore valid than his if Govt Records are suspect?

this thread was heading to SC from post 1.. get over it...

I don't know what you learned in the military, but INTEGRITY means something...to those of us who served....fuck jumping...sky will always be there...You made a commitment, fufill it now as you should....

Sorry to be harsh but somethings are more important that jumping.

The unit I am with is of no importance.

The point of assembly is to train with the people you work with. Making it up only means you do B.S. work.

You are pathetic if you miss assembly just to jump.

There have been plenty of times I wanted to miss for jumping. Real jumping events. Certain boogies or organized Big-Ways but I go because of the contract I signed which stated I would be there.

I do not need a cookie. I want worthless "ShitBirds" put out of service.

If jumping is more important then get out of the service and jump all you want.

Oh and Zenister. My records show that I actually attended through the L.E.S. That is how my proof is good. It must be saved becasue many people get screwedd on retirement years since the record keeping facilities suck.

Another thing Shadowplay, If you do not like who is in office get out. That is what I did when Clinton was in. Now there was a waste of sperm!

guess its a good thing the rest of the reserves dont have the same level of dedication our CINC did... such a fine example for a leader to set...

Stop trying to politicize this question.

The 70s were a different time. The draft meant that most people weren't volunteering, or they did to try to get a safer gig. Contrast this with now - the reservist make a voluntary choice to join.

Given how often the Reserve is being called upon these days, I'd want me and my team training as much as possible together.

Whoa... where's the black kharma flying out of. LOL

My humble opinion as former reservist, current gov't type.

A. You answered your own question when you called it one of three really important drill dates a year. Otherwise I would've had your back on the bail. It's not like it's a field ex, where you'd be letting your bros down by not showin'.

B. As for "suckin' the government tit"... WTF... The Reserves are still voluntary aren't they... sounds like you're already doing more than the average joe to me, thanks.

Could you take it down a notch or two? I know you've probably got Toby Keith blaring in the background but you do not know me or what I do.

And the fact that you got out because Clinton was President is enough said. You've lost all credibility in this issue. You're going to attack me for wanting to make up my drill time but you outright quit because you don't agree with someone's belief system? Real American. You defend the office, not the man. That's one of the things that makes this country so wonderful.