Monosa

Vector V349: Two questions

Hello,

I started skydiving at the beginning of this year and I am trying to find used gear since a few months. I am from Germany ... there is not a big skydiving market. The problem: Either the container harness does not fit my body sizes or the canopies are to small for my experience level. :(

I think I have to buy a new container. While looking at the sizing charts of different manufacturers I found the Vector V349. I really like the idea of having a bigger reserve (landing unconscious ...) and this size fits an Optimum 193 reserve. The wingload would be between 0.9 and 1.0. The main canopy sizing range is from 140 to 170. I would buy a used 170 canopy (wingload between 1.0 and 1.1).

I am planning to do 50 to 100 jumps a year, so I could use this container for a few years.

My questions:

1. Is this container size a good choice for me?
2. Would it be safe to jump this container with a 140 canopy and this big reserve in a few years (two canopies out scenario ...)?

I'd speak to UPT direct.

Here's their sizing chart in case you haven't got it.

Bear in mind that a 170 will be a very snug fit and you may struggle if your packing skills aren't great. Also there's some size differences between PD and Aerodyne canopies of the same size e.g. A Pilot 168 packs bigger than a bigger than Sabre 2 170.