bpokorny

Navy Parachute Descent Procedures training

We are developing parachute training (on ground) for Navy aircrew survival school. If you know someone who can share knowledge with us about aircrew parachute survival training (esp. with Navy aircrew training) in the D.C. metro area, I'd love to talk with him/her. Please contact me, Bob at 301 294-4750
Bob Pokorny
Intelligent Automation, Inc
Scientist, Education and Training Technology

Hi Bob,

aircrew parachute survival training

Contact Allen Silver: http://silverparachutes.com/

A few years ago Allen had an Air Force pilot give a seminar at the PIA Symposium. This pilot had bailed out off-shore of the Atlantic and survived; his co-pilot/navigator did not.

The seminar kept eveyone's attention; and I think you could gain some good info from the guy.

Best of luck,

Jerry Baumchen

riggerrob

Would you like the outline from a bail-out seminar that I recently gave to the Aerobatic Club of British Columbia? What type(s) of airplanes are your customers flying?

Ones with ejection seats! (I suggested to Bob that he post here because he might find some guys that have that type of military experience that can help him.)

HI RiggerRob,
Thanks for getting back to me.
The airplanes of interest are U.S. Navy military aircraft. This ranges from F-18s,& F-35s to larger, slower reconnaissance aircraft to helicopters. We may be selected to build a ground-based environment in which they practice steering, overcoming malfunctioning canopies, and following IROK procedures specific to their aircraft.
So we're looking for someone who knows parachute training during Navy aircrew survival training.
We submitted our proposal, and hope to hear in the next 6 months if we're going to get to build this training.
Thanks for answering the post
Bob Pokorny
Intelligent Automation, Inc
Scientist, Education and Training Technology

Hey Bob,

Interesting project you're working on.

I used to do parachute R&D/acquisition for the Army, and actually worked with I-a-I on a project. I wonder if the resident knowledge has left the company, or maybe the connection hasn't been made yet.

Also, this type of trainer in part already exists, and the DoD owns them...hope the Navy knows. Not trying to kill a SBIR proposal.