bigfoot963

Vector V3 One piece or 2 piece leg straps

Going to order a Vector and just wondering what the difference will be like in the air and under canopy between the one piece or two piece leg straps. I only freefly and don't know what option to go for , Any advice out there would be much appreciated as don't want to get it wrong and regret it !!

One piece is much more comfortable over a 2-piece, especially under canopy.

The 2-piece does offer additional mobility. Is it better than the one piece for freefying? IMHO, no. The trade off is not worth it.

IMO, I would take a 1 piece every day of the week.
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

I ordered the 2-piece, and whilst they feel a bit weird on the plane and walking around, under canopy it's so much easier to sit back than the 1-piece I had on my previous Javelin.

I ordered from Sandy G, following is a quote from his option notes:

"I have two rigs - one has One Piece Leg Pads the other has Two Piece. I will never have a one piece leg pad again. In my opinion the two piece leg pads are way more comfortable and they don't have extra fabric that can inflate while head down like the one piece. Some people like the extra padding under the ring and believe the one piece leg pads are more comfortable. I prefer the two piece leg pads because they allow me to adjust my leg straps to the perfect position for comfort without the restriction of the one piece connected leg pads. This is mostly personal preference."

You can achieve a better fit around your legs with the 2-piece, imo its only better for those, that got really skinny legs.

Nobody will mistake me for someone with "really skinny legs," but I like the fit of two-piece leg pads much, much better. It may be totally subjective, but...
*it's also a much easier job for a rigger to replace a damaged leg strap on a rig with two-piece leg pads (edit: as I look at a Vector3 with one-piece leg pads that just arrived here, I see the leg straps themselves are the same regardless of which pad configuration you choose, so no real difference in repair labor either way).