GaryP

New containers with pullout option

Apart from Racer, can anyone please advise what other H/C manufacturers are offering a true pullout as an option? It's not all that apparent from the order forms and websites.

I can see a nice setup on the Mirage. Wondering who else...

Many thanks !

Gary
"Altitude is birthright to any individual who seeks it"

GaryP

Apart from Racer, can anyone please advise what other H/C manufacturers are offering a true pullout as an option? It's not all that apparent from the order forms and websites.

Many thanks !

Gary

My question is why you are interested in this option? I think it is fair to say that the pull out has been shown to be not the best system available.
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

Agreed, it may not be the best system avail generally (I would not steer a newbie to this system).... but it's the best system for me ! I've been around the pullout/throwout conversation for some time.

In the BASE environment I jump BOC. Skydiving I prefer pullout.

I just love the feel of positively opening the rig and pulling the PC into the airflow, and feeling it snatched from my hand. The tactile feedback in this deployment technique gives me much info.

Thanks for all the responses -

G.

jumpsracer

Don't know where you're getting your facts from. Pullouts are easier to pack, Don't have to worry about the pilotchute getting stuck in the pouch, and no pilotchute in tows!

Also, no BOCs to replace, and reduced chance for premature deployment.

mark

***Don't know where you're getting your facts from. Pullouts are easier to pack, Don't have to worry about the pilotchute getting stuck in the pouch, and no pilotchute in tows!

Also, no BOCs to replace, and reduced chance for premature deployment.

Plus, no horseshoe if the pin escapes the loop for whatever reason, before deployment.

Rover

***Apart from Racer, can anyone please advise what other H/C manufacturers are offering a true pullout as an option? It's not all that apparent from the order forms and websites.

Many thanks !

Gary

My question is why you are interested in this option? I think it is fair to say that the pull out has been shown to be not the best system available.

Why do you say that?
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

WOW something weird happend. I posted this

Mirage also has it. I use one, with the attachment placed on the appex of the pilot chute, so no immediate inflation for me. been using this set up for 16 years...

but it seems it was posted from some other account, I went to my profile, and all of a sudden I'm Jerry.

[inline jerry.png]

Will Report it
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

On top of reserve container in para pack pouch (TOC). Just like main PC on bottom of container. This rig had the main on bottom and reserve on top. Worked perfect more than 5 times in 300 jumps. 2 intentional. Pin mounted on dacron line bridle at arms length. Container held shut lightly till pulled on by bridle. 1975 Harness/container about 2 lbs. Should be redesigned for AOD. Not in use anymore. Rig ahead of its time. Worked perfect. Material cost $40. Known as the "40". (Cowboy Rig)

Not the way we had it, however with that in mind, that could be done very easily on both. The pull outs offered today are designed differently than ours. I can understand why throw outs are better than the pull outs offered now. With a few changes I believe the pull outs would be the system of choice. They greatly reduce the possibility of pc in tow. How many people do you think can really snag a pc in tow? With alot of altitude, I doubt that I could. How about a beginner? There are other advantages also. It is all about coming up with better stuff, rather than just buying what is out there. Remember, It doesn't take much to work, and it doesn't take much to not work. Careful

And there are a couple old threads on the Woomera, with a few photos in one.

(Also, an instructor of mine built a super-light weight rig in the '80s with a throw out PC at the top of the left shoulder. Perhaps a throwout reserve PC is better than a pull-out reserve PC, but this is all off the original topic.)

Hi Peter,

built a super-light weight rig in the '80s with a throw out PC at the top of the left shoulder

Back in the 80's, a local dz bum built himself the same type of rig. He did make a few test jumps on it to make sure it worked.

Perhaps a throwout reserve PC is better than a pull-out reserve PC

I have yet to see how an RSL/MARD will work with either one.

Jerry Baumchen

There are a lot of problems with such a rig. However, the major one that disqualifies it is pretty obvious. I have yet to see an AAD that could throw a springless pilot chute. In my youthful foolishness, I designed the original Vector with a hand deployed reserve pilot chute, back before anyone but students were using AAD's. I believe it was BJ Worth that talked me out of it. I'm glad he did. AAD's for everybody turned out to be a much better idea.