timrf79

Parachute Labs BoGo

timrf79

Just saw the offer from Parachute labs for BoGo on the racer container.
Not sure if I have heard anything or seen any Racer containers... thoughts?

Get as many as you can before they sell out.......
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

timrf79

******Just saw the offer from Parachute labs for BoGo on the racer container.
Not sure if I have heard anything or seen any Racer containers... thoughts?

Get as many as you can before they sell out.......
I do sense the Northern Saracasm

Yes...but only because I'm assuming your post is a joke of some kind.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

timrf79

Actually I was curious on opinions about them.
I know what my rigger(s) recommend and racer is not on the list...

That is a big can of wriggling worms you are opening up. That's why I assumed you were trolling. Search this forum for posts about Racers and you will learn a lot very quickly.

But seriously, where did you see a BoGo offer on Racers? I can't find one. Share please.

timrf79

Actually I was curious on opinions about them.
I know what my rigger(s) recommend and racer is not on the list...

..........................................................................................

Does your local rigger have a pair of "Ghost Loops?"

There are two methods for packing Racer reserves (aka Pop-Tops): Ghost Loops or the hard way.
I used to manufacture my own adjustable Ghost Loops, but now they are free from the Racer factory (aka Parachute Labs).

gowlerk

***What is bogo?

Buy one, get one.wouldnt Buy one get two, or buy one get one free be better ?

Sorry for my European logic, but if I buy one, I would expect to get one. At least.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Ghost loops are temporary closing loops. Some look like the Cypres loops installed in Javelins, etc. Any lump of scrap iron will do.
The key component is made of Cypres cord to allow them to easily slip through Cypres cutters.
Alternately, you could ask Jump Shack/Parachute Labs for free Ghost Loops which are merely a looped, double-ended loop sewn to a piece of Type 4 tape.
To reduce parts-count, I finger-trapped pull-up cords to both ends of my Ghost Loops.
I have even finger-trapped a few adjustable Ghost Loops that help prevent canopy bulk from drifting under the pilot-chute.

Ghost Loops are used similar to steel T-bodkins but have the advantage of easily slipping through Cypres cutters. You start by installing Ghost Loops through the grommets near the ripcord pins (backpad). Close the reserve container much the same way as a 1-pin or 2-pin sport reserve, using temporary pins to secure each successive flap. Temp pins help discourage canopy bulk from bunching up under the pilot-chute.

Late in the process, loop (Cypres) pull-up cords through pilot-chute loops, pull everything towards the back pad, insert ripcord pins, etc.