aj4218

Another art director uses skydiving and needs shooting ...

What's wrong with showing our sport in a fun and "exciting" manner, if not 100% realistic? I hardly think that deserves condemnation, especially at a time when membership figures are continuing to decline :S

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Neither of them have a main Canopy :o

Good catch!
:D:D:D:D:D

We had a local magazine crew out to do an article and they took pictures of guys out the door...the plane was on the ground with a blow-up matress to land on and guys jumped like the were exiting....you can see that no relative wind was there....camera suit wings limp, etc....funny as hell.
:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Seen the UK lottery add yet? Where there's a jumper in the door and refusing to go saying "I won't go".

The "luck fairy" then turns up and throws the winning lottery ticket out the door and asks if he'll go now. Scared jumper jumps out after the ticket.

I can't help thinking that I wouldn't have gone if I were him... not even for the winning lottery ticket. He has no main as there's only the big ring from the 3 ring circus left and he has no reserve either as the D-ring is missing and there's nothing else in it's place.

He might get hold of the ticket if he's damn lucky... but he's certainly not going to be arround to cash it.

OH that. Well so f*(king what. Why does the art director need to be shot for that. Only a skydiver would notice that detail.
It's not like the Teeming Millions are going to be affected one way or the other.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

its a typical whuffo body postion. Even after training students, a lot still go to that position in the air. Makes me want to start beating them in their spleen with a SDU video.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

And, the goggles put clear up high on the nose? newbie

"Are you ready to SKYDIVE?"
"Check IN,,,, Check OUT"
:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Neither of them have a main Canopy :o

And look at how the cutaway cable housing is routed! If there was a canopy attached, and it malfunctioned, they wouldn't be able to release from it...

Perhaps the rest of the ad shows the Mastercard being used to pay for the funeral.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

um what am I missing here? They're still in freefall, right? so that would be why you can't see a canopy, right???

and they're facing us so you can't see their rigs.

Dude!:S

I'm not asking you for a flightline check!:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

OH that. Well so f*(king what. Why does the art director need to be shot for that.

because it takes all of half an hour to search on the internet and actually DO THEIR FUCKING JOB... attention to details is everything... >:(

OH that. Well so f*(king what. Why does the art director need to be shot for that.

because it takes all of half an hour to search on the internet and actually DO THEIR FUCKING JOB... attention to details is everything... >:(

I'll go guessing for fun: she's hanging off a crane, fan blowing in her face. Attachment points through her back (hence the body position), which means getting rid of the main, as well as the reserve (probably cutting at the top of the risers). I'll bet I'm not too far from the truth... I've done something similar once (with a BASE rig, and the 3 rings were not an issue...).

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

.. which was entirely my point, thanks.

PS and they get paid a shedload of money for producing this stuff as well.

>Why does the art director need to be shot for that.

By saying he does, we prove that we know more than him. Which is important to some.

In any case, where would the film and advertising industries be without willful suspension of disbelief?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

OK, OK - I used hyperbole to make a point. Let's change 'shooting' to a 'severe slap on the wrists' then.

Not doing the tiny bit of research necessary to check the presentation of a sportsperson in a national ad is like showing an ad with Pele kicking a rugby ball instead of a football. Unprofessional, slack work by a highly paid employee of one of the worlds' biggest ad agencies. I know, I used to work for them.

OK, OK - I used hyperbole to make a point. Let's change 'shooting' to a 'severe slap on the wrists' then.

Not doing the tiny bit of research necessary to check the presentation of a sportsperson in a national ad is like showing an ad with David Beckham kicking a rugby ball instead of a football (and yes, I know there WAS an ad where he did just that with Johnny Wilkinson, but that was in context). Unprofessional, slack work by a highly paid employee of one of the worlds' biggest ad agencies. I know, I used to work for them.

Then you do know that you go for the target audience, which more than likely, is not specifically skydivers. The average Joe won't know, and won't care. It's done with almost every single product. It's about how good it looks, not how "true" it is.
Car commercials depict vehicles that are not street legal all the time. Not to mention them Beermeisters dropping sugar in the beer glass for nicer bubbles!B|