Tuiske

DIY canopy project

Quagmirian

From the looks of the images in your very first post, it looks as though you might have rotated your rib about the horizon rather than a line parallel to the bottom skin or angle of attack. This is what I or Lee would call a negative 'twist' where the panels are narrower at the front, and it's a bad idea.

It was like that on my very early design, even before than 10,4sqft prototype.

Quagmirian

The end cells of any canopy naturally have a lower angle of attack anyway, so if you twist the canopy, it makes sense to make it zero (like I have done) or positive...

Hmm I don't get this. If I understand what you are meaning it is something about "rotating line"? Airfoil shape is rotated around line, which is parallel to bottom surface seams. Maybe that line should be more like to be parallel with flight path line?

...I don't know, I'm still thinking this front corner problem is in brake lines or in stabilizers.
IG @skydive_tuke

I haven't done any changes to trim yet but last weekend I was able to put seven more jumps with this canopy. I also bought Flysight to analyse flying. There was almost no wind that day and I got quite nice data from Flysight.

Here is one of the jumps with flysight data analysis:

https://skyderby.ru/tracks/11453/video

And bonus footage.. flare power! B|
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWXo3roFNju/?taken-by=skydive_tuke

You can follow me on Instagram if u want ;)

IG @skydive_tuke