freeflybella

circumcision

yeah, I'm still waiting for an answer about the blowjob thing.

It's an important issue to consider.

I think all of my employees charge an extra $20 for a blowjob if the male is uncircumsized. So I'm sure it's less desirable. Oh well, I wish everyone was uncircumsized, that way my ladies would bring me home a bigger CUT every night.$$$

My Dad told me they used my detached foreskin down in the burn unit for skin graphs - glad to know I could help:)

My parents had a lampshade made out of mine.

My Rabi had a nice wallet made out of the ones he collected - when he rubbed it the right way, it became a suitcase.:)
Yes, I know this is not the forum for jokes... I'll go away now... [:/]
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

My Dad told me they used my detached foreskin down in the burn unit for skin graphs - glad to know I could help:)

My friend was born missing part of his eyelid, so they used his foreskin to graft one on. It works fine now, he is just a bit cockeyed. ;)

On topic: Would not have a son cut.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Gear & Rigging forum?

:D:D:D
Incidents, Greets & Introductions would do as well

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

HIV infection compared to uncircumcised in poor countries, but this correlation is not seen in more modernised countries.

One main reason for that is that condom use is easier for circumcised men. Thus men are more prone to simply ditching the condom if it's a pain in the arse... this is tendancy is emphasised in countries with poorer education.

On a personal note - I've never had a problem with smegma, cleanliness or any other of the problems supposedly suffered by uncut men. Nor with obtaining blow jobs... although I should note women over here are used to it as uncut is by far the norm… Essex girls are especially used to it I'm told. It's like any other part of your body - if you don't wash it you start to have problems, just like your armpits, arse hole, feet, balls, whatever.

Condom use I can see being slightly easier if you're cut... but then again if you can't work out how to get around the minor issue of a flap of skin which needs to be moved slightly first, you really have no business waving your willy round in the first place.

Personally I'm happy with my flap of skin. It protects the glans... and to be honest I wouldn't want that thing rubbing round my under crackers without a little protection - it's far too sensitive. The only conclusion I've been able to come to is that cut men must be less sensitive as I simply wouldn't be able to put up with that sensation... although I realize that conclusion is personal and not bourn out by scientific studies.

The only real advantage with which I sadly have personal experience is that if you're cut it's not possible to nearly tear the fucker off during a perhaps in hindsight rather over-vigorous sex session.

Don't worry - I healed fast.

The American Academy of Pediatrics policy on circumcision says "Potential medical benefits of circumcision are not compelling enough to warrant the AAP to recommend routine newborn circumcision."

The AAP's policy is consistent with those of national medical organizations in Canada, the UK, and Australia, none of which consider infant circumcision necessary.

The American Medical Association supports the AAP's position.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The American Academy of Pediatrics policy on circumcision says "Potential medical benefits of circumcision are not compelling enough to warrant the AAP to recommend routine newborn circumcision."

The American Academy of Family Physicians takes the same position. While there are some studies showing some possible benefits to circumcision that have already been stated, keeping the penis clean is as effective as circumcision for most. Others....like penile cancer for instance, is SO rare in all men, circumcised or not, that it's not a compelling reason for having this procedure done.

But I guess if you're just not into cleaning yourself, then circumcision's the way to go....

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Man, I'm sure glad my parents circumsized me as a baby. That way I don't have to remember it. I couldn't imagine having to go through that now.

Ditto!!!

Ditto here as well!!!
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

All of my 4 boys are cut. See no problem with it.

Not even sure why I am involved in this thread:S

(edit) to add clicky

Did you have their appendices removed and their tonsils out too, just in case these developed medical problems later in life?

No, sorry. Didn't realize there was a tradition that included that behavior.

Tradition? That makes it OK?

Well, it's traditional in many African and Asian countries to circumcise girls. It has the claimed social benefit of reducing promiscuity. We, on the other hand, call it mutilation and have made it a felony.

Can you tell me why cutting a boy's genitals should be OK but cutting a girl's is a felony?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's really interesting how much pressure I've felt to get him circumcised. Since I'm a single mom I wanted the input of friends and family (not to decide for me but to cover all angles from people I respect).

The appearance and cleanliness issues are really the only arguments I hear from the 'cut him' crowd.

As for the cleanliness thing - female genitalia is far more physically complicated than an uncut penis and we manage just fine keeping ourselves clean.

And even manage somehow to get men to give us head. And like it.

Why should we assume men are too dumb to wash themselves and therefore remove a part of their penis (ultimately altering the mechanics of it)?

The part that's hard for me in making the decision to do something that might ultimately lead to having my son appear different than his friends and family. Purposefully making him stand out. And we all know how much kids just want to blend in and be like everyone else.

I have no problem making decisions for myself that might set me apart from the norm. But wow, it's tougher for a little guy.

I know I'm the parent and I have to make decisions based on what's right - not what a 2, 7, 13 or 16 year old wants - but hey, I'm new to this motherhood thing.

And this seems like such a huge decision to make. I guess it's just one thing in a lifetime of things to consider.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

Uncut and happy. Never had cleanliness issues.

A firend of mine is cut and gets pissed off about it - this is not a decision he got to make. Whilst the op. is more difficult when he is older why not let your little guy decide himself in a few years...

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

All of my 4 boys are cut. See no problem with it.

Not even sure why I am involved in this thread:S

(edit) to add clicky

Did you have their appendices removed and their tonsils out too, just in case these developed medical problems later in life?

No, sorry. Didn't realize there was a tradition that included that behavior.

Tradition? That makes it OK?

Well, it's traditional in many African and Asian countries to circumcise girls. It has the claimed social benefit of reducing promiscuity. We, on the other hand, call it mutilation and have made it a felony.

Can you tell me why cutting a boy's genitals should be OK but cutting a girl's is a felony?

http://www.circlist.com/femalecirc/anatfemale.html

Seems a few females prefer it.;)
But, good question I guess. The United States where routine (male) circumcision has gained widespread acceptance continues the practice without major discussion.

.....and 60 million American males do not seem to mind. I cannot remember being cut. And never met anyone that did. My sons have no idea, other then the charm bracelet we made for them...;)
...and my wife prefers it, not having seen any other kind....so where is the harm again?

I'm really more curious on why you (pro-ant eater) seem to have your issues with others choosing to do this?

Botched clipping? :D

(edit to add) smart ass remark

Carpe Diem

I'm really more curious on why you (pro-ant eater) seem to have your issues with others choosing to do this?

Botched clipping?

I was thinking just the opposite. Perhaps some people who are unclipped feel unsecure in the shower and are trying to get more people to avoid getting cut to help them with there self esteam.

I can remember how bad the couple of uncut kids got picked on back in middle school by some of the other kids. I can also recall girls talking about it too once they found out. Kids can really be mean.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

Let me provide some more input. As stated earlier I'm cut and my son is not. Some people think that can cause problems with because of visible differences between the parent and child.

I found it very easy to handle, even when my son was young and started to notice the difference. Using simple words (don't beat me up for saying this, remember I was talking to a kid that was pretty young, about 5-6 years old) I explained that people used to think that it was a good thing to do but that we have learned more and are smarter now. Then I said something to the effect that I thought it would be better to not make him have to go through the pain of having that bit of skin cut off and asked if he agreed. He responded with resounding agreement. Then I pointed out that in trade for not having that bit of skin cut off all he had to do was make sure that he kept himself clean, and asked him if that was a fair trade. Again I got resounding agreement.

I'm sure that someone will suggest that this was a poor way to handle this but my son (now 17) appears to be fairly well adjusted. As far as I know, he is not an axe murdered. At least we haven't found the bodies yet.:)

Edit to add: I think that even in North America it is trending towards more people being un-cut with the knowledge that this is unnecessary. So as we move forward diffrences for those that are uncut in N.A. will be reduced.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Personally I don't care what anyone else does to their body.

I might think it's a bit odd if they decide to mutilate a perfectly good bit of themselves... but then Jacko's a fruit loop... never thought of yourselves as fitting in the same bracket as that nut job eh?

As far as insecurities are concerned... remember... there are basically 2 countries in the world that do this - the US and Israel... at least the Israelis have got a reason that goes beyond fashion for doing it. Therefore for me as a Brit there were no insecurities – everyone in the shower looked just like me (just not quite as long or manly, haha).

Like I said though - it's no skin off my nose what you do with your wang (pun intended).

I think that even in North America it is trending towards more people being un-cut with the knowledge that this is unnecessary. So as we move forward diffrences for those that are uncut in N.A. will be reduced.

According to this article:

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/weeklyquestion/a/022002_ask.htm

"It may help to look at some of the reasons that parents use to have their sons circumcised. One common reason is because 'everyone else is circumcised'. This is really not true at all. Worldwide, only about 10% of males are circumcised, and even in the United States, circumcision rates have declined from 80% in 1980 to 64% in 1995.

The incidence of circumcision in the United States today is probably even less. Many online polls show an incidence of about 50%. Current data shows that the incidence of circumcision also depends on where you live in the US, with a high of 81% in the Midwest to a low of 36% in the West."

I am having a boy(our first child) in a couple of weeks.

We plan on getting him cut. I never really put too much thought into it though. The only thing I knew about it was that there were a couple of kids when I was young that were picked on, and you could tell they felt very insecure in the shower room when we were young. Even the girls whispered and talked behind backs about it. I am 32 so mabey times have changed alot since then.

To me it is a much harder desision to not cut than it is to cut. I just don't know enough to understand any GOOD reasons against having it done. I am very thankful I was cut.

Although I do have a problem with parents who pierce their daughters ears at a very young age. I suppose that might be a bit hypocritical of me.

I have more concerns about immunizations than I do having him clipped.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

Then I said something to the effect that I thought it would be better to not make him have to go through the pain of having that bit of skin cut off and asked if he agreed

Can anyone who has has there child cut explain just how much pain it really seemed to cause. Of all the things I have done to may body that hurt, I just can't imagine that being cut inflicted much pain.

Graph of trends in the US.

http://www.childtrendsdatabank.org/figures/85-Figure-1.gif

Numbers for other countries.

http://www.cirp.org/library/statistics/

Note that in Canada (a culturally advanced society;) that I call home), only 11.46% of newborn males were circumcised in 2003.