ErrHuman

Anybody tried polishing out scratches in their visors?

I couldn't seem to find anything on the forums so I figured I'd ask the question - has anybody tried polishing out the scratches in their full-face visor? I'm particularly interested in the polycarbonate G3, but I assume the process would be similar for any other full-face.

It looks like its feasible but that it might be so time-consuming that you might as well just buy a replacement visor. Anybody tried?

ErrHuman

I couldn't seem to find anything on the forums so I figured I'd ask the question - has anybody tried polishing out the scratches in their full-face visor? I'm particularly interested in the polycarbonate G3, but I assume the process would be similar for any other full-face.

It looks like its feasible but that it might be so time-consuming that you might as well just buy a replacement visor. Anybody tried?

Not on a G3 (or other skydiving helmet), but on my motorcycle helmet and on the polycarbonate headlight lenses on my car.

It works reasonably well as long as the scratches aren't too deep.

There are also purpose-specific kits for car headlights ($15, $10 on sale if you keep your eyes open) that include several different sanding/polishing pads (different grit) and a polish. They may include a "prep" wipe and a "sealer" wipe that I would suggest not using on a visor.

Not terribly hard, and can be done while watching TV or similar.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo