AggieDave

Gay marriage legalized in Canada

I agree....be nice to everyone...but dont condone their sinful lifestyle, or make it the law of the land.

The USA is no different...they built their country on freedom of religion...not freedom from religion. They have turned their collective backs on God, and will pay the price......SOON.

So will canada and our sicko government.

Bill Cole

I agree....be nice to everyone...but dont condone their sinful lifestyle, or make it the law of the land.

The USA is no different...they built their country on freedom of religion...not freedom from religion. They have turned their collective backs on God, and will pay the price......SOON.

So will canada and our sicko government.

Bill Cole

Hi Bill,
what a a pleasure to see you back again on DZ.com, especially SC B| We once disagreed so nice upon a certain thread, so...

Let me ask you: Who will gonna have to pay a price? And why SOON??

Could you explain to an alien from Europe? Why do you think "they have turned their collective backs on God..."?
Who? You're talking about the religious Bush lovers? :D:D:D I feel confused somehow :S.

FYI: I am not religious. And I truly believe gay marriages should be treated as normal as anything else on earth. That surely will have no influence on any politial developments of a country. Did you know that the mayor of our wonderful capital city of Berlin is a lovely gay man? That man is great. He never tried to hide anything. Most folks love him.

I love BC in August,
Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

The USA is no different...they built their country on freedom of religion...not freedom from religion .....

Actually, our First Amendment gives you BOTH freedom OF religion AND freedom FROM religion. That means I can't stop you from doing yours, but by the same token you can't stick yours up my ass.

....Oh, wait, lemme re-phrase that.....

FYI: I am not religious. And I truly believe gay marriages should be treated as normal as anything else on earth. That surely will have no influence on any politial developments of a country. Did you know that the mayor of our wonderful capital city of Berlin is a lovely gay man? That man is great. He never tried to hide anything. Most folks love him.

With respect. I am so sick of Europeans trying to influence what we Americans condone or condemn. And Europeans say we meddle in other countries affairs! I don't remember jumping on Germany's back because they don't have capital punishment. I don't remember jumping on the back of Spain for their legalization of gay marriage. I don't remember jumping on the backs of the Brits when their gun rights were scaled back drastically. That is their countries business. I may not like it, but I have no real right to bitch seeing how I not a citizen of these countries. However, It seems that some European leaders always takes issue with the U.S. regarding these issues that I touched upon. >:(

Green Grass and High Tides under Blue Skies

With respect. I am so sick of Europeans trying to influence what we Americans condone or condemn. And Europeans say we meddle in other countries affairs! I don't remember jumping on Germany's back because the don't have capital punishment. I don't remember jumping on the back of Spain for their legalization of gay marriage. I don't remember jumping on the backs of the Brits when their gun rights were scaled back drastically. That is their countries business. I may not like it, but I have no real right to bitch seeing how I not a citizen of these countries. However, It seems that some European leader always takes issue with the U.S. regarding these issues that I touched upon. >:(

Oooops....Someone woke up this thread? :o

Yep. I fully do understand you. Just let me know which of our European leaders dared to take any gay issues with your country and I strongly will recommend my chancelor Gerhard Sch. to have an eye on that! Shame on that leader>:(

Fortunately, my little country was/is clever enough to NOT trying to influence the US regarding certain issues, f. e. such as invading Iraq....

Going to bed again.
:)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

In my opninion, this is a good development, although I am not Canadian (or American, or even European by birth).

In effect, a law that DISallowed marriages between any couple that aren't male & female, has been removed, correct? A liberation. More freedom. Isn't that the buzzword these days?

Therefore I'm happy for those that have more freedom wrt marriage now, but otherwise it doesn't really affect my life in anyway, and I'm guessing most of yours either. Therefore I couldn't condemn it, if I didn't agree with it.

it doesn't really affect my life in anyway, and I'm guessing most of yours either. Therefore I couldn't condemn it, if I didn't agree with it.

From this reasoning alone it's obvious you're not american.

What for? I would reply same way. It's neutral, free of wrong emotions and, I think, fully OK. :)
B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105