lawrocket

Asshole Murdering Street Racers

I've often thought that street racers should be imprisoned for a very long time. After last night, though, I'm beginning to think of far worse things to do to street racers.

Am I a vengeful man? Hell, yes. Is that wrong? Fuck you to everyone who says "You need to forgive" and "Retribution won't bring her back."

Diana, the paralegal next door, was killed last night by street racers. I had the sorry pleasure of meeting her 11 year old and 7 year old daughters at a baby shower on Saturday. Those two beautiful children are without their mother because a couple of punk-ass motherfucking reprobates feel the need to compensate for what little manhood or womanhood they feel. A nice start to summer for those girls, eh?

Apparently, one of them sideswiped Diana, spinning her around and directing her into the opposite lane where a box truck t-boned her at full speed. Police are now searching for the two racers. Both of them apparently escaped injury or significant damage to their cars. I think three others were injured in this horrible crash.

What should they be charged with, when found? I say capital murder. I think a fit punishment for them is lifelong quadriplegia. Let them move at the speed Christopher Reeve moved for the last few years of his life. All it takes is a brief surgery.>:(

Life in prison withou parole is a good one, too. Execution is also appropriate.

Any of you who think this was an accident, fuck you, too. People are apparently killed by streetracers every day. Streetracers off themselves, too. Quite often. But they seem to have a peculiar ability to take others with them.

Why can't they go to a track to race? Not cool enough? Don't want to pay the money?

I'm white hot mad right now. I'm dreading the mood in the offices today. All because some punks felt the need to show off.

Rant over.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Dude. [:/]

I am so sorry to hear this. Those poor little girls.

I pretty much agree with you. Those drivers deserve the maximum penalty available. Ugh, people will never stop being stupid or selfish. I dare anyone to give me a reason these drivers shouldn't be nailed to the wall.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Oh man, Jer. I am sorry - very sorry - to hear of this. Those poor children, losing their mother. How simply awful for them. And yes, I agree - capital murder.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

vibes and prayers to you and the girls and the co-workers.

is anyone at her place of work setting up a fund or anything for the girls? if so, let us know, I'm sure more than a couple of us could pony up some coin for such a worthy cause.

michael

-the artist formerly known as sinker

quote from my post to bonfire WTF is wrong with people??

really sorry to hear that, poor girls..>:(>:(>:(

a public, well publicized public execution would be appropriate here.

I did much work in the public schools and found society failing our children in many cases

We need to teach them:

Integrity: the courage to do what is right

this is first. The next fall under Integrity.

Respect: Respect for yourself and others remembering respect is earned not granted

Responsibility: for your actions AND inactions

Honesty: to yourself and others but not brutally so

Accountibility: you did it you own it. Be a MAN (as in Human being) Take your punishment and learn from it. Be a good example.

There are many other good qualities. I feel these are the root of most.

Today's society is full of instances where we make excuses for our bad behavior in order to shirk our responsibilty and hide from accountability.

Our disdane for those around us has become well developed in the last 30 years. It starts small (littering for example) and works up to bigger things (rape, murder, domestic violence, child abuse, and others)

We the People in order to form a more perfect society must as a whole Say, "I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."

the bleeding heart judges, politicians and lawyers who let these multiple repeat murderers, rapists, child molesters, spouse (SO) abusers back on the street to offend again should have to be held legally accountable for THEIR ACTIONS that result in harm to society.

Make prison miserable, make the prisoners grow their own food, make them earn their keep.

Consider the average cost to keep someone in prison (not to mention how expensive it is to keep someone on death row) is approx $50,000. Multiply that by the roughly 2,300,000 people in prison (according to straightdope.com) that comes to $115,000,000,000!

What could we do with 115 billion? Universal healthcare for US citizens? I don't know but it would put a dent in something.

End Rant
>:(

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

I agree. Sadly, American culture is turning into a third world outhouse. Most of the kids never heard of Iwo Jima or Normandy, and they lack a father figure. This is the end result. Yep, it is gonna cost us.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I'm sorry for your loss.

If we can't execute these m-fer's then the prison in Cuba would be a good place. Our interregators can "practice" on these pieces of shit. If they die in custody, feed them to the fishes. They certainly don't deserve a proper burial.

There is always the old stand-by of PVC pipe and barbwire.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Why can't they go to a track to race? Not cool enough? Don't want to pay the money?

Not to take anything away from the wrongness of what they did but I'd like to try to answer this question.

It's tough to race at a track. Mostly due to lawyers. The tracks are so scared that someone will get hurt there are significant hurdles to pass just to run a solo lap. Yeah, it costs $$ but that is relatively insignificant.

To actually RACE someone, you pretty much need to be running a spec car in an approved event, after spending a lot of time at the track running in solo events to prove you aren't going to kill anyone or yourself.

It's frankley a bit much to be asking of a 18 YO punk ass kid.

In addition to making an example of these punks, I'd also argue that there should be cheap easily accessable venues for people that want to really push their cars. Have the jackoffs sign a waiver and let 'em on the track. If they kill themselves - they've just done a bit of work for Darwin.
illegible usually

First, I am sorry for your loss.

Second, I agree with the sentiments in several posts that we collectively have allowed things that have led to this point. And, absolutely no personal offense included, lawyers have had a huge part in furthering that.

Your reasoning is correct, but your follow through is a bit emotionally charged, understandably. I suspect if caught would get capital murder, but I am no expert I could be completely wrong.

But extend your reasoning a bit. If they are guilty....is the mother that hits a somone while doing 50 in a 35 while trying to get to work as a single mother after dropping off two kids equally guilty? and should be executed?

Should someone who causes injury or death while talking on a cell phone face that fate? Are they being any less selfish? Studies shows that people on cell phones drive on par with people with a .08 BAC. Which raises the next should...

You are advocated tougher penalties than states have against drunk drivers, yet that seems like the most serious lack of concern for human life to me.

While not a defense at all, because illegal is illegal: there are people who drive very well at excessive speeds. Is it responsible, I am not saying that and there is no blanket answer. BUT...there are few drunks who drive well.

You see the tricky part about responsibility is dealing out objective judgement.

As a society we preach one thing and then complain about the consequences. Most of our violence and sex-related 'problems' in society are in no small way linked to the way we sell both. You cannot always take the convenient and pleasing way, prevention takes sacrifice.

While I realize that this is way beyond your post and as I pointed out first I am sorry for your loss, it is very difficult to address this issue vehemently without addressing the idea of responsiblity as a whole.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

When Lawrocket said <> I have to agree.
If you kill some one with a knife, a gun or a Car/Bike, there should be NO difference.... but the courts currently think there is (so some strange reason that I cann't fathom)

But,
This thread is based upon a Street incident and I read Street to be Built up area, pedestrians, houses, families, footpaths etc..
The guy in the other thread did NOT suggest that he was in a dense population area when he exceeded the speed limit (in fact we dont know what the active speed limit was for his ride). He may well have been on an open, emtpy road at the time (not an excuse but a mitigation!) and [possibly] endangered none but himself.
I challenge anyone here (who drives/rides) to state that they NEVER exceed the speed limit and when they do they are ALWAYS safe (yeah right:S).. But to try to relate that ones persons speed excess with Lawrockets STREET racing is cheap (at best) IMHO.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

>Why can't they go to a track to race? Not cool enough? Don't want to
>pay the money?

You could ask that question in a thread currently in Bonfire about motorcycles. One guy was proud of his speed (148) on a public road.

linz hands billvon her big spoon so that he can stir that pot a little harder and a little faster.... :P

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

But to try to relate that ones persons speed excess with Lawrockets STREET racing is cheap (at best) IMHO.

I'm with you if he was going 70 or 80 on a highway. But 148? gimme a break

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>But to try to relate that ones persons speed excess with Lawrockets
>STREET racing is cheap (at best) IMHO.

Depends. If those street racers hit 90mph before slowing down, and they hadn't hit anyone - then I'd say they were doing something less stupid than someone doing 150mph on a bike.

Both are fun. If, in both instances, there were people at both ends trying to keep the area clear, then they were both as 'responsible.' In both cases shit can happen and other people can get hurt anyway. If that occurs, the people speeding bear responsibility for the accident. And someone who does 150 is doing something that's a LOT more dangerous than someone doing 90.

>I challenge anyone here (who drives/rides) to state that they NEVER exceed the speed limit . . .

150mph is a bit different than doing 60 in a 55 zone.

The speed is only one factor people.

People hit 300 on a closed track. There are stretches of road that are no different that a closed track GIVEN the right prep. Regardless you are taking a speed from one vaguely referenced action in one thread and pulling it into another thread.

You can kill people doing 55mph on a highway. I am not arguing with the point of the thread...most street racers practice poor judgement. But the proof is not the speed....it is the environment they are in.

And before there is too much whining, look back and say you have never done anything you knew was dangerous from speeding to pushing a red light. People's risk assessment if often off. The further off, the bigger the consequence if you guess wrong.
--

Thanks.... yeap . 148 (bit too exact for a production speedo too but hey...) is too rich for me too.... but where would I draw the line ....... 120(ish) m.p.h ...... clear, open road.

P.S 70 or 80 isn't excesive tho.... on a Motorway/highway/Autoroute - It's below normal.

(.)Y(.)

'fraid I dont agree.... 90mph in a builtup area (30 or 40 in the UK) is ALWAYS excesive..
The total stopping distance from 90 is 704 feet, if a kid steps out.... it's got no chance

On an open road ... different matter.

150mph is a bit different than doing 60 in a 55 zone.

He still didn't say where he did the 150ish.

(.)Y(.)

GIVEN the right prep..

So, did the street racers do that? no
Did the asswipe on the motorcycle do that? no

I have no issues with organized racing. It makes certain that training, safety, and equipment are good to go. I have two friends that do quite a bit of track racing, another that competes in "organized" long road races.

I respect them. They have no need to do their thing outside organized and planned events. And I guarantee they 'really' know how to drive at speed versus what these asshats imagine their skills are.

Anything else is out of control and symptomatic of the typical attitude of a high school sophomore. When someone dies from this type of activity, it's murder and deserves the maximum penalties.

As far as going 65 in a 55 or whatever - I'd just as soon the authorities establish a real speed limit and then enforce it rather than give the mixed message of not enforcing a speed limit until it's exceeded by (10 or 15 or whatever mph).

People's risk assessment if often off. The further off, the bigger the consequence if you guess

Gotta agree. Isn't this the whole point of where you are taking the thread?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yeah he did and it was controlled.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1699943#1699943

Stopping distance at 45 is 108 feet. Where is the kid stepping out?

That said I agree with you...but this whole thread was started without any reference to the speed or much to the locale.
What we do have is a different person in a different thread on a different vehicle with a different number of wheels doing 148 on a different road with control points, an EMT, and a precheck.
--

Not aimed at you rehmwa, just a general comment.

Speed isn't really the issue, it's Inappropriate use of speed that is.

What the person/people did at the top of this thread as WELL inappropriate and had tragic consequences. This is where the police should concentrate their efforts and if that fails... the courts should come down like a ton of bricks. Unfortunately, I'm very sorry to say, too late for the innocent victims.

(.)Y(.)

Look, I am not actively advocating either, as I just posted, my point is that this thread is devoid of any data about the accident, and full of data about a biker who went down a straight road at high speed with no incident. The only connection was that lawrocket felt commonality.

There are lost of ways to be irresponsible, and as I have posted more than once the speed is no sure measure of it. SO....without more details, you don't know that these street racers were not doing 50 in a 35 or 60 in a 45, etc, etc. You dont know the number of lanes, or the stretch of road. All you know is that someone was 'allegedly' speeding. Wrecks happen all the time due to bad judgement at legal speeds. The speed is not the error....the judgement is the error.
--

And someone who does 150 is doing something that's a LOT more dangerous than someone doing 90.

Not necessiarily. It would depend on several factors:

Road conditions - 90 in a residential zone with a curvy road, children playing and stop signs and traffic is very different from a straight road with nobody else on it in the middle of nowhere. 150 on the straight, empty road might be safer than 90 on a curvy residential street with people around.

Driver skill - I'd trust someone like Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., or Danica Patrick doing 150 over your average soccer mom doing 90. A skilled driver can figure out when that kind of speed is unlikely to cause problems, but an inexperienced driver probably can't analyze the situation as well and would be more likely to speed in more dangerous circumstances.

That said, the street racers were behaving in a very risky manner, picked an inappropriate location and didn't have the driving skills to handle it. Behavior like that shows an extreme disregard for others' lives and safety, and they definitely should be arrested, prosecuted, and, if found guilty, be given the maximum sentence allowed by law.

I would have to disagree with your comparison of someone talking on a cell phone and these street racers. I mean yes talking on the cell phone or the other hypotheticals you mentioned are dangerous while behind the wheel but in my opinion street racing is a totally different situation and the intent behind it is completely different. I mean the lady on the cell phone didn't go out that day with the intention of being reckless whereas the street racer left the house with the intention of driving recklessly on a street that had traffic on it. I would have to agree with Lawrocket on this one. I think that these kids should be charged with first degree murder as they decided to street race and should face grave consequences for their actions.

Additionally if they catch someone street racing they should have their liscense banned for life (or maybe restricted to driving a Yugo :D )

I guess I am just tired of seeing innocent people killed by complete morons. I am really not violent just feel that something needs to be done to make people understand that there will be consequences to their actions.

Only skydivers know why the birds sing!

Jim

Additionally if they catch someone street racing they should have their liscense banned for life (or maybe restricted to driving a Yugo :D )

Yugo or not, they'd still put a fart-can exhaust, NOS and various other racing product stickers (none of which is actually used on the car), and Top-Fuel dragster-sized wing on the back.:S