Spizzzarko

MJ Not Guilty!

Rebecca,

Thanks!!! That means a lot to me. I just feel if we did things the way I was saying, then we wouldn't have as many problems here, and a lot more things could get done.

HIFLY,

No I'm not personally a fan of Michael Jackson, but I am a fan of America, and it's great justice system. Sure there are some flaws here and there, and yes there are loop holes in the system, but take a step back and look at the big picture. America has the BEST and FAIREST judicial system in the world. Would you rather live in the middle east where some lady could be killed because she was accused of sleeping outside of the marriage? Do you see what I'm trying to get at?

Point I was making is that if you're rich and famous you can get away with murder, just dont mess with uncle sam. In MJ's case do you honestly think you or I would've gotten off scott free. Look at the McMartin pre school trial in Manhattan Beach if you think lay people get the same treatment super stars do. Justice is far from blind, but I would rather take this system than most.

if they are innocent then they need to be treated as such.

"not guilty" is SO not the same as innocent...

I didn't pay attention to the trial, but I would think he's guilty of something. Even so, he who has the best case (best legal team) goes home to invite more boys for sleepovers... :|

-B

The panel of peers has to come from the likes of you and I. America isn't made up of Rich people and celebrities, but of people like you and I. MJ or any other celeb is a person just like you and I, and if they are guilty then they need to go to jail just like you and I would, but if they are innocent then they need to be treated as such.

Sad as it may seem, a jury is made up of those people too dumb to get out of jury duty.[:/]

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

a jury is made up of those people too dumb to get out of jury duty.Unsure

You know there are some of us out there that didn't want to skip out on our duty to be on a jury.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm not familiar with the McMartin Trial, so I can't comment on it. I think Jurry's would have enough sense to look beyond the financial status of a person, when making verdits about guilt. The jury has an awesome responsibility placed upon them, and I think most jurrors try to be fair. It's human nature for people to hold grudges, and to be judgemental, and I'm sure everyone here realises it. But the Jury system is the best we have. It would have to be a pretty big case for a higher power to come down and decide these things for us.

As far as the Lwyers go, I believe some lawyers are better than others, just like some people here are better skydivers than others. I'm not as good as the pro swoopers, but that doesn't keep me from trying. Maybe somebody would have trouble if they had poor representation, but I don't think it's fair to blame the jurrors for that.

"not guilty" is SO not the same as innocent...

I didn't pay attention to the trial, but I would think he's guilty of something. Even so, he who has the best case (best legal team) goes home to invite more boys for sleepovers... :|

-B

Do you really think any parent is going to let their child sleep over at Neverland now? Not that they ever should have, but the point is that regardless of the ruling, he will always be stigmatized. So, he's being punished anyway - no longer the King of Pop, to a lot of people he will always be the "child molester who got off on riches and is looking for his next victim."

That would be a horrible burden for an innocent man to carry.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

You know there are some of us out there that didn't want to skip out on our duty to be on a jury.

I kind of dig jury duty. Too bad they only give you $15 a day to cover your expenses, but I do think it's the least we can do to ensure we get are presumed innocent.

On an unrelated note, I actually got arrested for missing jury duty... It sucked.

Fine, you can say that.

Karma is a bitch, even though he walked I believe that karma will catch up with him. At the very least, (as I believe) he's still gonna have to answer to whatever god he believes in.

We were just saying the same thing. If he is guilty, he will have to live with it for the rest of his life and then after. I personally think he's one fucked up individual. Is he guilty because someone says he is ?????
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Dave,

I don't think MjoSparky was trying to recomend that we all skip out of jurry duty. My thought process on it is, I you have any inkling that you may be partial in any way shape or form, then you need to get off the jury.

On a seperate issue, listen to the media right now. These guys are having a hey day with this.

Did you know that you missed jurry duty, or did that kind of come out of left field. I got called up several time for jury duty in Houston, but I was active duty at the time, and wasn't living in the state, so it would have been a little hard for me to go.

Did you know that you missed jurry duty, or did that kind of come out of left field. I got called up several time for jury duty in Houston, but I was active duty at the time, and wasn't living in the state, so it would have been a little hard for me to go.

about a week after, I realized I had missed it. Then I freaked out and stopped opening all my mail that came from the court. I was younger and stupider then. Anyway, i was actually arrested for missing my court date for missing jury duty.

The moral of my story: OPEN YOUR MAIL!!!

This is my 17th post in this thread. I'm surprised the greenies havn't yelled at us.

They're busy watching the news on tv!:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

This is my 17th post in this thread. I'm surprised the greenies havn't yelled at us.

Why? We're not breaking the rules. Are you breaking a rule?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Actually, he was accused in 1993. The case/ accusation and the fact that he settled for an undisclosed amount were pretty public. People STILL sent their boys over to Neverland for sleepovers. I think he's a predator- he found the *right* boys from the *right* families. Troubled kids who wouldn't necessarily be believed if they came forward, and parents irresponsible or selfish enough to turn a blind eye to what was happening. It worked out well for him in this case.

Let's flip this around...

Do you think that people sending their children to Neverland for money might be predators? It seems like a distinct possibility to me. People do some pretty bad things when it comes to money, and sometimes they bring their children into it. Not everyone is the moral rightous when it comes to children like you and I are.

Good point and a very disturbingly possible scenario.

Do you think that, if he's guilty of anything here, he KNEW he was committing a crime of the most serious and depraved nature? Or do you think he really thought it was all innocent?

Shouldn't the parents be on trial. What normal parent would let their kids stay over at an adults place?????? Celeb or not, you have to be fucked up to even think about it.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?